Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Iraqi gorgeous spirit..

On Friday, I woke up at 7:30 and started to study until about 8 pm , I finished my homework and studied for my exams (I had physics, computer, and biology exams), at night I prepared some stuff for Saturday’s picnic, my camera, clothes, and everything I needed, and was sitting in the living room talking with my mom about the picnic, and suddenly heavy shooting with a sound of loud explosion seemed to be like a rocket’s or car bomb’s sound, my family and I quickly went downstairs, and we hide in a safe room till the shooting stopped, I remembered the last time we had picnic an explosion happened and the house was damaged, I was thinking “oh no it is not the time” and I spent the whole time praying we won’t have curfew or anything bad happen ,I really need this picnic..
In the next morning I woke up early, mama and I made pizza and hamburgers, then we got dressed and thank god the road was opened and we went to a place called “the tourism’s village” ..
We took a football, and many sport stuff , and I had fantastic time and played a lot, I can’t move my arm till now!.
I think my favorite part was when the Drs. who are from different cities, like Diala, Ramadi, Hadeetha, and many other places danced Dabka together, and I also liked the football match between the senior Drs with the residents dr.s . and I loved when the Drs. were divided into two groups and had a funny competition called “without speaking” each Dr. would try to explain by signs a name of a play, movie, or aphorism, and also repeat a hard sentence hastily without making a mistake and if anyone made a mistake he/she would say a joke or sing a song, a Dr. from Ramadi couldn’t say a sentence correctly, so he had to sing, everyone was laughing he blushed, then a Dr. said “come on, we’ll sing with you” and he started to sing children’s song says “ Mammy will come soon, mammy will come soon with many toys and stuff….. “ it was so funny..
I met Dr. Baghdadentist , and we played together, of course Dr.f and I scoured more points.. and after lunch many Drs. and I played Frozby (or as some people call it the flying dish) ..
As there were Drs from different cities, you could hear different accents, and even the shape, you’d see a blond person, beside a very dark one! But from the inside everyone had the same Iraqi gorgeous spirit ..
At 4:30 I was completely exhausted, & Dr. Baghdadentist drove us home..
It was a fantastic picnic, and what made me extremely happy, is I met Drs. from different places, and got the chance to be more enlightened about there lives, and traditions.. they were funny, respectful, and have all the manners of men, to see them having a good time together worth everything, and I told my mom I feel proud to see good Iraqis like those Drs. who faced a lot of things, and experienced many hard experiences and still smile and laugh..
As we had a great time, we decided to go in another picnic ..
Sunshine ..

25 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger torger said...

I just listened to comments from your blog via the web on Australian radio. I really hope life is getting better for you and that you can continue your studies without the problems of the past few years. Please keep up your excellent blog.

-A reader in the U.S.

 
At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, good to hear you had such a good time! My friends and I here play that game too, only we call it Charades.
Please keep writing! It's wonderful.

 
At 3:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine,

This one makes me very happy. I am so glad that you did enjoy your picnick. Meeting all the doctors and playing the games must have been a lot of fun.

It is my hope that the remainder of your life will be happiness instead of all the terrible things you have gone through in the past.

Keep shining it makes me happy.

 
At 6:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time, Sweetie. And, can you guess where else we can see that beautiful Iraqi spirit?

Bill

 
At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time, Sweetie. And, can you guess where else we can see that beautiful Iraqi spirit?

Bill

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Average American said...

It is so good to hear of such a great day Sunny, I hope you have many many many more fantastic fun-filled days ahead! Surely God will not let this war go on to much longer. Stay well my young friend. May God's blessings be with you and your family.

Joe

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I am glad you and your family and friends had a lovely picnic away from the stress of the war.

The game you called "without speaking" sounds like Charades in English. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charades

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Yay! Picnics are wonderful. I'm so happy you had such a great day!

Keep your gorgeous Iraqi spirit shining...!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger John said...

I'm so happy you had a good time at the picnic!!!
Still praying for you and your family

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger John said...

(Just remember though, to be careful what photos you show -- just to be safe since you are so famous now)

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Emily A. said...

Thank you for posting pictures. I love reading your blog. You are a wonderful person with a big heart. Thank you for sharing your story with people around the world.

 
At 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunny, how come you always show all that great food when I'm hungry???!!! I'm glad y'all had a great time :) Keep your Sun shining. Solo

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger Mister Ghost said...

Sunshine you mean Frisbee, LOL.
Unless, it's known as frozby in Iraq. But glad you had a wonderful time. And another picnic, excellent.
Both Mama and you, and the other family members needed a break from the stress. Hopefully security will improve in Mosul.

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Jhondie said...

I love the pictures. Glad you had a good time. Picnics are awesome. For me I'm not truelly having fun until i pass out drunk in some random place though.... :) just kidding. I'm really not an alcoholic. Peace be with you Sunshine!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Jay said...

I have to send you dutch/american music.. it is great :)

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post made my day. It was good to see you having a GOOD day. think you are over due for fun.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger cat said...

Hey Sunny
Glad to hear you had a good time. Nothing like a fun, giant, picnic to lift the spirits. That game with the flying disc, it's called Frisbee. That is my favorite sport, and I get together and play with my friends every week before class. I play charades, too. I'm really bad at it. I thought that the movie "Flyboys" was Flying Monkeys. :) I hope you get to do this again sometime. Luv and hugs,
Cat
Oh, is that Yoyo in the pictures? He's so cute!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger tootie said...

So glad you got to enjoy a picnic!

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Ripama said...

Sunshine,

It made my day to learn you were finally able to have a good time.

I haven't played Charades since 1970 or 71.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Captain Jarred Fishman, USAFR said...

I am very happy for you Sunshine! Those days will be more common in the near future, every day the Iraqi government gains strength and the terrorists in Al Qaeda and the Mahdi Army lose strength. Post more pictures of what Mosul looks like and how the stores look..

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger BirdMan said...

Sunshine,

I found out something, NOW.

When I was the wolf guy at the full moon,

I misspelled Sunshine -> Sunshin.

Sunshin means 3 shin in Japanese.

Maybe they are

God

Brahman

Allah.

And Sunshine neans that Sun shines.

For example, Inca is the child of Sun in America, Amaterasu is related to Sun in Japan,,,

We have several respected holiness related to Sun in the world.

That is,

God, Brahman, Allar, Sun,,,Moon,,,

These are all holy...

AO

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi! :)
I'am so happy that I have a chance to read your blog.It's so wonderful that you are so strong.I wish you to be so strong in future. ;)

 
At 12:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I envy you in soooo many ways. I really wish i was you instead of being me in my own little hell hole of a life. Even if i don't kow you, your absolute perfection to me. Your who i'd like to become...your amazing. Just reading one sentence of your blog blows me away. Keep up the good work.
Best wishes for you especially and your loved ones. :)

ps. So jelous lol

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger BirdMan said...

Sunshine's line is off.

Are you OK?

AO

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Thaqalain said...

I will remember both Dabka and Dolma of Kurdistan.
What's the name of that dish?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home