Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Saturday, March 29, 2008

A message from Iraq ...


Loosing a brother Is really hard, we asked Rita to write her story to be published in our blogs, and I told her I’ll contact the journalists I know to publish her story, her voice should be heard, and Raffi’s memory should be remembered always ..
Raffi, you was and will always be a model for me, and many others, I want you to know, you’ll always be in our hearts, and people will remember you as the kindest person ever, your smile, your behavior, and everything in your personality is unique, I feel honored to type what Rita wrote about you, I feel sorry because we will miss you, but in the same time I know you are in heaven, may your soul rest in peace, …
Now, I leave you with what she wrote :-


"I am an university student in the collage of pharmacy, a daughter of a small and highly educated family, the youngest sister of one single brother and a kind married sister, we live in a city named “ Mosul” in Iraq, in a simple house among kind neighbors ..
Being the youngest, my family deal with me in a special manner, and I love them in an incredible manner, specially my brother, we were more than sister and brother, we were close friends, each of us was ready to sacrifice his soul for the other, he was so kind guy, funny, lovely, so faithful, fair, ambitious, had many aspirations also he didn’t hurt anyone even by a word.
He was a graduate of computer science collage, of Baghdad university, he changed his job many times due to security circumstances, and he was unable to find a job suitable with his experiences, at last he was working in a shop of so kind people, he loved and respected them a lot, his work place was dangerous but he had to work, to live and arrange his future.
As all Iraqis, he was always worry about the worsening situation which was life threatening and danger exists everywhere.
On 18/3/2008, I woke up early to go to collage, unlike everyday, I left home without seeing and joking with him, because I was in a hurry.. during his job that day, a car-bomb exploded in his work place area and a metallic splint penetrated his clear and kind heart directly… by this way, I simply lost my only brother who was everything in my life, and till this moment I don’t know why or what was his guilt to die in this young age !
When I knew about his death, I didn’t believe, until I saw him in the woody tomb, he was so white, sleeping as angel, also was smiling to me … we kissed him for the last time, and knew he went to heaven, because he was faithful, fair, kind person, also he died as a martyr ..
My parents became so weak, simply because they lost oldest and only son who was to held the family name, was to make his own family, was helping my daddy in this life, and was everything for all of us.
Sure I was sad too, and I found myself in a hard stance, I didn’t know what to do!! Although all of our neighbors, and friends helped us but it was hard for us . I cried till my tears finished, I became so sorry on all members of my family too, I was very worry about their health, then I started to think logically and found that I am lucky to have a brother in heaven, flying with angels, near our GOD as all innocents people in this world, also I am lucky to be surrounded by true friends, postgraduates, and undergraduates, kind Dr.s who teach me, and helpful people .. also I found that I’ve to be strong to be able to carry my family’s responsibilities, encourage them and fill his place .. not to lose them anymore, I know it is too much for a twenty one years old female, but I’ve no choice, I love my brother a lot, so I am ready to bear anything for him, specially when I know he is in a place where only rare people can join.
Since I love him a lot, I decided to write these words as a message to him, telling him that I always wished the best for him and I am ready to do anything I can to tell the world about a person who was a diamond for us and is a candle who will keep to light up my life for ever, giving me hope for future, to make my dreams true, for myself, my family, and for my country , also his souvenirs will live with me every moment in my life and every time I look at the sky and stars (as we always used to do).
I want my brother’s story be a simple and direct message to the world, to have attention about those innocent Iraqis who die everyday without guilt and their spirits be stolen suddenly in such way..
I ask everyone who reads my words, just to close his eyes for seconds.. feel me .. and imagine the hard life in which Iraqis are living in .. if you do, help us to object this situation in my country, because no one except god has right to take our spirits from us, because it is not fair.. also I ask you to pray for him to make his soul comfort, and his guilt to be forgiven and be happy by hearing your prayers
Yours’ ,
The loyal sister,
Rita Jan Thomas Poushijian. "
**************************************************************

Very truthful, and powerful words, from an loyal sister..
Sunshine

19 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are no better words that I could say than what Rita, and you have written. I know there is now another good, kind, decent, gentle soul in Heaven with God. He, and his spirit will live on in you, and will touch other lives.

Love,

Bill

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

A lovely tribute to a wonderful brother. He will remain in the hearts and souls of people who loved, admired and cared for him. Their lives will be a living tribute to his human gifts to them.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Mister Ghost said...

I'm glad Rita got to tell her story, Sunshine. It seems that many of the Armenians have fled Iraq, some going back to Armenia. I'm not sure what future, many of the minorities like the Chaldeans and Assyrians, Armenians and Mandaeans will have in Iraq.

Rita writes very nice and heartfelt, perhaps some day she can have her own blog and keep the
memory of her brother alive.

There is an old African saying, "You never really die, if your memory is still alive."

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger cat said...

I will pray for Rita and her family.
She is very strong, please tell her to keep her courage up. Our troops are doing everything they can to get Al Qaeda out of Iraq. With the new clamp down against the militia, I'm sure that Iraqi and US forces will succeed, as they are already. There are many people here in the States that protest the war and our military. If they knew what really happens every day in Iraq, I think they would reconsider their views. Stay strong and keep safe, I'm praying for you guys,
cat

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Diana Joy said...

Thanks for your e-mail :) Some times I get so busy I forget to check all my blog friends :( Please get back with me Sunshine! I can get your words out through my publisher...If not I will do it myself my little friend!!!
I go live on webcast this weekend...is it okay if I tell others about your blog and your book when I speak?...I'm sure many will help raise the money you need to get your book published...check your mail and go to my publishers link...e-mail him...and I will put something about you in my book....I just need permission by you and the words that you want by Monday...Don't forget my book goes to print by Monday afternoon! I want some of your words published by then so you will be a published author and then a publisher is sure to take it on....I wish I could put more than just a few pages of your words in my book...but, so many children and adults who are in danger (or have been abused) are also wanting to have thier work in there too) I PROMISE TO GET THE WORD OUT HERE IN THE US!!! I PROMISE TO GET YOUR BOOK PUBLISHED!!! SO PLEASE DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED! HANG IN THEIR....PLEASE CONTINUE TO BE THE SUN THAT SHINES THROUGH THE BIGGEST STORM!
IT WON'T BE LONG AND YOU WILL BE SEEN....MY BOOK COMES OUT IN PRINT IN JUNE 2008 AND I WILL HELP YOU GET YOURS OUT TOO!!
Don't forget you are in my thoughts and prayers always and I am positive my publisher will take a look at your manuscript...I WILL MAKE SURE OF IT!!!
*hugs*
Diana Joy

 
At 3:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Sunshine for posting Rita's story about her brother and family. It shows her admiration for them all.

Tell Rita that many people will read it and admire her for her feelings for her brother.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Marshmallow26 said...

I am so sorry for what Rita and her family have gone through, tell her that all Iraqis have suffered from this war and I assure you that almost all Iraqis have lost 1 or two members as minimum during this war.

May God rest him in peace and bless Rita and her family

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger David said...

Thank you Sunshine for posting Rita's story. I can really feel her emotions and the love she had for her dear brother through her words. Please extend my sincere condolences and best wishes to Rita and her family.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger John said...

Oh gosh Sunshine. I'm so sorry about Ravi. I will certainly pray for Ravi and Rita. I am so, so sorry. But anything I can say is just lame anyway compared to the real situation.

P.S. I don't at all mean to be disrespectful in any way but I think that "object this situation" should be "object to this situation," or "protest this situation." You young ladies express yourselves better in Arabic than I could in English -- it's just that "object" is not a transitive verb so it would sound clearer the other way. Please don't be offended.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger John said...

On the other hand, forget about my last suggestion because nothing could be as powerful as Rita's exact words. The little grammar errors just help prove that an Iraqi really was the author and it wasn't a fabrication.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Ripama said...

Sunshine,

I was touched by Rita's message. I've sent it off to other people I know to try to spread the word.

 
At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a very nice post. Rita's brother would be proud of her. He must have been someone really special in a special family who loved him very much.

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Sunny.

I know that we should care about everyone and I feel for your friend. But the news here from Mosul is so poor, but we knew there was a lot going on. I am just so relieved to see you post. I pray for you and your family every day. Every day you are in our thoughts.

I thank God you and your family is safe.

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Dancewater said...

I am so sorry for the loss of a wonderful young man.

cat - al Qaeda was not in Iraq before the US troops showed up - keep that in mind

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Jhondie said...

I'm sorry for your loss.

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raffi's star will continue to shine through his family and friends. His life may have been taken from him, but they cannot destroy the spirit, or what he left in the hearts of others. Rest in Peace Raffi. Solo

 
At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our hearts are with you, my dear Rita...
Shad sireli Rita iev Poushijian endanik. Mer mdadzumnere tzer mod ien ais tzavali orerun. Anhavadali iraganutiune mez tzntzetz, iev dagavin chenk grnar havadal inchbes aitkan orinageli ieridasarti me geanke darav. Rita-in krutiune mer srderun hasav, iev ierani grnayink tzez mod ellal iev mer hampuyrnerov u khoskerov mkhitarel tzez. Asdvadz sireli Raffi-in hokin lusavore, iev uj da tzer polorit.
Sirov u garodov, heravor Buenos Aires-en, Argentina,
Graciela, Anahid iev Tateos Kevorikian, ien endanik

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rita,
You captured your brothers heart for those of us who never knew him. He lives on becuase of you. I know someday that we will meet but I regret that I will never know Raffi. He is with me everyday in my heart and on my shoulder. He wishpers in my ear when I'm about to face a difficult decision and he guides me. He is my angel. I heard a song today that remeinded me of him. The song goes like this..."you're in the arms of an angel, may you find some comfort here".
Well my cousin, I hope you're at peace and you are flying high. I know you're still watching over all of us just as you did when you were on earth. You are doing it from Heaven now.
We love you,
Love,
Carol from U.S.A.

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine,
Can you get this message to Rita for me? She is my cousin and Raffi and we used to email eachother all the time with help of Raffi. Now that he's gone, we have lost touch. Please give her my email address incase she has some way to get internet access,
Thanks
here is it...cudakitty247@comcast.net
Carol Cotterly (Dertorossian)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home