Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Can't be worse...

Hello friends as you know the referendum is after 2 days , & the errantry ban is tomorrow,& you know my school Is far away from my home. yesterday some girls & I went to the geography teacher & asked her to adjourn the exam ,( of course the girls took aside & put me in front of them to talk )I told the teacher we want to adjourn the exam because of the unsettle situation & that our houses are far from the school , she said ok & that we have to ask the headmistress too, I did, but she refused .
Anyway I was so angry & my mood was feculent, because the other pupils In Mosul don’t have to go to school & their teachers care about their safety .
So I had to go to school today because I have geography exam , I saw in my way to school, four cars exploded earlier, you know when someone see these uncomforting views will be nervous all the day, ( thank god I am still a life )when I arrived the school I was shocked, we were about 75 girls out of 800 girls !!
Of course the geography exam was cancelled , because we were only few students !! I was really angry, I came to school & passed in such dangerous road , & for what, NOTHING?! … we were just walking in the school's yard .
I phoned the driver after I heard Two loud explosions & asked him to come & drive me back home . & I went to the headmistress & told her that I will go home before the bridges are to be shut down, She said" NO , you will stay in the school until 12" She don’t care where shall I spend the 4-5 coming days of errantry ban , in case I didn't make it & go back home. If she is punctual about our education ,why we didn't attend any classes?!.
I was talking with a girl in my class when her father came to her and said that their neighborhood noticed a big fight & that he could barely came to drive her home or may be to some relatives home ..so he went to the headmistress & told her he have to take his daughter , She shouted " I can't convene the parents now , your daughter will stay in the school until 12 " (How rude!!).

My father's cousin H ( she is in my school ) had an exam too, when she arrived the school, she heard the teachers talking about the bridges shutdown at 10 "
H immediately returned back home , & her mom phoned the headmistress to announce her about that, & said :
-" my daughter H had to go back home because of the bridges"
-"what ? she have an exam , bring her back to school right now .
- " how can I send my daughter , she is only 15 & the roads show extreme chaos. Can you guarantee her safety ?".
- We are not responsible for her safety , but she got an exam , & that is my job ,education.
after that the headmistress shut the telephone in her face ! can you believe that !!!!!
H returned to school, attend the exam ,& then we both returned home with her daddy , who was VERY ANGRY .
Oh , it was really really bad day…
Upset Sunshine…

16 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Najma said...

Oh, calm down..

I didn't go to school today, I was too upset yesterday 'cause the French teacher wouldn't agree on postponing the exam, and I had 7 other subjects to study, which was just too much.
At 10 o'clock, my friend called to tell me that a classmate called the headmistress who told her that she'll postpone all the exams and that she's not responsible for any girl's safety. And so we all decided not to go.

Today, another friend called, she was upset, she told me 60 student from the sixth grade came, and they had the test.. I don't know if I'll get a zero for not going, but if this happens, I'm in the same boat with 60 other 6th graders, and zero is just an experiment..

I was wondering about a post for my blog, and ended up writing one on yours :)
What about a revolution, change the headmistress and take power!!

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Mad Canuck said...

Sounds like the headmistress at your school is quite the old battle-axe. It's also mindboggling why they wouldn't have scheduled the exams around the referendum: they've known for over a year it was going to be held this Saturday, and given what happened when you guys had the election it shouldn't be much of a surprise there's some violence going on right now. Knowing this, why did they have the exams scheduled for today to begin with? It's ridiculous!

 
At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"- We are not responsible for her safety , but she got an exam , & that is my job ,education. "


Any school official saying that they do not care that children can be hurt due to an ongoing war and do not implement alternative educational processes should be removed from the school.

Only 60 out of 800 students showing up should have gotten the message across to the official. However, it didn't.

The school official is incompetent and is putting the lives of children in very serious danger.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Jack B. said...

Sunshine, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I know you did the right thing but I would have stayed home and then if I was a teacher and saw that most of the school was absent I would have cancelled the tests at least. I can't believe they put you through that - it's just one day after all. But I'm glad you're okay.

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a nice blog and a great English language, I was wondering if you did all of that just by your self??

Best wishes

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont know what to say. What exatraordinary behavior from a senior professional. Take care. your life is the most important thing.
starliz

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger AFSister said...

My goodness.... Sunshine... you are precious!
I'm looking forward to reading your blog more often.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Sunshine! I love your blog:) Praying for you and the referedum vote this Saturday. You are such a special girl! keep after getting that education :)

Becky Murphy in California, USA

 
At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, it could have been worse, Sunshine. You could have become too upset to write, and then the rest of wouldn't have had an insight into this particular day in your life.

Yours is a small voice but a powerful one. Never stop writing, Sunshine.

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it was your headmistress who was in a feculent mood!

The most important thing a school must do, is to keep the children safe. I wonder what would happen if all the parents complained about this headmistress...is there anyone to complain to?

In most of our schools, the teachers and officials have to answer to the parents (somewhat) and keep them happy...mostly because unhappy parents can cause so many problems for the school.

Aunt Najama has a good idea...if the students can join together somehow... simply don't go when it is too dangerous. Find a way to spread the word to all students.

They can't give exams when most of the students aren't there...it doesn't look good for a school if most of the kids are flunking!

Judy, USA

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger In His Steps said...

I'm sorry Sunshine that things are this way. I am continuing to pray for peace.

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
» » »

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy car insurance online
teen car insurance
car insurance houston
in car insurance
new jersey car insurance
aa car insurance
progressive car insurance quote
general car insurance
best car insurance
car insurance quote canada
car accident insurance
discount car insurance
car insurance quote
car insurance uk
progressive car insurance quote
online car insurance
progressive car insurance
washington car insurance
car insurance dallas
florida car insurance
car insurance quote online uk
cheap car insurance rate
young driver car insurance
car
insurance philadelphia

car insurance rats
florida car insurance
car insurance policy
discount car insurance
aaa car insurance
car insurance for mexico

http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com

Random Keyword: :)
geico car insurance

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! giant toy insert ironing golf shirts

 
At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Favorit Blog. Very good Posts. Thank you Autoversicherung Kfz Versicherung

 
At 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good Blog. My Autoversicherung kfz Versicherung

 

Post a Comment

<< Home