Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Friday, August 21, 2009

Bloody Wednesday ..

Ramadan the month of peace and forgiveness, that all Muslims wait eagerly, it helps us to be more patient and more understanding, we fast from sunrise to sunset, and continue our day despite the hunger and thirst.
Before Ramadan, people who have disputes, must forget it and forgive, that's why it is the month of forgiveness, and also the rich people offer food and money (more than any time in the years) to the paupers, so it is the month of merciful and blessing.
I was hoping that this Ramadan will bring peace to Iraq, and that we won't spend more Ramadans under gun fires and explosions.
But, few days before Ramadan starts, Baghdad witnessed a bloody day, it was named " the bloody Wednesday" and "the red Wednesday" , it brought back old memories, of "black Wednesday "of last year..
In the morning of Wednesday, huge explosions happened if the capital, killing, injuring, and frightening the innocents .. the government didn't say the true numbers of people who died and injured, they were afraid of a "revolution" or "a panic situation" .. but from doctors we know that 1700 citizens were injured, and more than 500 died ..
I was so afraid about my relatives and grandparents, but thank god they are ok, but very upset ..
I don't know when will the government wake up from their torpor.. we are sick of their speeches and promises, we want a solution , but nobody cares, all they care about is stealing the country more and more..
The politicians are not Iraqi, they don't feel our pain, Wednesday was the most horrible day in Iraqis lives, all you could see is blood and dead people in streets, and people running, all you could hear is the shouts of mothers crying, all you could feel is a scare.. few hours after explosions, Baghdad became a city of ghosts, the streets where empty ..
Many questions are in my mind, why didn't the soldiers notice the lorry bombs which carried 10 tons of explosives ? who did those explosions and who helped those terrorists? For how long shall this situation continue? Will we live in peace ? I am still alive I wonder and wonder, but I find no answer.
I won't talk more, I'll let the pictures speak, and believe me, there are horrifying pics that I didn't have enough courage to look at ..









Sunshine...

20 Comments:

At 12:37 AM, Blogger البرجوازي العراقي said...

Thanx for the clear pictures and may pictures

 
At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anjali said...

Ramadan Mubarak, Sunshine! May the spirit of Ramadan heal Iraq's wounds, wipe off Baghdad's blood and bring peace to your minds.

I have no more words to offer.

 
At 5:46 AM, Anonymous Roy said...

They say a picture is worth a 1000 words. This is worse than I thought. I saw news reports but you have shown more than they did. Maybe you should be a news reporter "of the truth"

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Ginger said...

It's not right. I'm sorry that anyone has to endure such horror..

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Average American said...

Words cannot express the sympathy I have for you and all of Iraq Sunny. Our press used the number of 90 dead. That is way less than your number, which I tend to believe is much closer to the truth. I still don't believe religion is the main cause for all this brutality. I feel it is more than likely greed and a struggle for power. You of course have a much better sense than we here across the seas. Please tell me if I am incorrect. Please also know that millions of people from all over the world pray to their God for a return to sanity for Iraq. I just wish there was more I could do to relieve the pain and suffering you and your countrymen endure. May God bless you and keep you safe.

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sunny,
It’s a really bloody day, and our lovely capital didn’t experience such hard day since long months...
Many innocent people killed and many many others injured...
You asked who did it?? How those terrorists had ability to reach such crowded places…
The answers are so clear, and the majority of Baghdad people and the whole Iraqi know the answer…
It’s a well-organized plan to put an end for the Nouri Al-Maliki government because there are big problems between his party and the other parties in the establishment of the sectarian "United Iraqi Alliance" as preparation for parliament election next year…
Those selfish people don’t think "never" on what is happening to the Iraqi citizens "because the majority of them are not Iraqi" and just think on their dirty business no more…
Hope GOD blesses Iraq and the whole Iraqi…
My regards…
Dr.Drug…

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Ramadan Mubarak, Sunshine.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Don Cox said...

I think the security forces thought "Now the Americans are off the streets, we can relax." That lorry should never have got through the check points.

There have also been calls to remove the check points and concrete barriers. It is much too soon for that. Both Al Qaeda and the Iranian special forces are still looking for every chance to kill Iraqis.

In the past, there has been an increase in attacks in Ramadan. Take care.

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's horrible...People need freedom and safety. No one should have to suffer or watch anyone they love and cherish go through so much pain...but that's what the world is like now...no matter where you go, who's doorstep your on there is always pain, suffering and hardships around every corner.

 
At 3:39 AM, Anonymous Wayne said...

Ramadan Kareem Sunshine.

I am so sorry to hear all the evil things that are happening in Iraq. I do not understand why all the murders and injuries are happening. I wish the Iraqi army and police would do a better job of protecting all the innocent people regardless of their religious membership.

Thank you for providing us all the news and pictures.

I pray for your safety and hope peace will arrive soon.

tisbaheen ala kheer.

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Dancewater said...

Ramadan Kareem, Sunshine

And deepest sympathies.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger HarrietTubmanIsMyHero. said...

Wow, you are the bravest girl i know. We're the same age but you so much greater than anyone. I cant believe how strong you are by enduring everything thats happening. You amaze me. I hope that you'll do great in life because you deserve happiness, safety, and everything else.
Later.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Ramadan Mubarak, sweet child. I wish more non Muslims understood the significance of this holy month so that they might better understand the humanism of Islam.

This dreadful bombing was hardly even reported on in North America. The attention has fully shifted to Afghanistan.

I wish I understood who benefits from these dreadful attacks on civilian life.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger John said...

I am so sorry, Sunshine.
As Roy said, thank you for reporting the truth.
But I hope that the rest of Ramadan will be more peaceful for you and Iraq.

 
At 3:19 AM, Anonymous سحاب said...

بكى جسر الرصافة من انيني
وقد تبكي من الظلم الجسور

وعكر صفو دجلة دمع عيني
ونزف دمي وبركان يفور

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing the truths. I always pray for you my sisters brothers. may Allah bless you all my siblings..in Iraq, in Afganistan, in Palestine. I wish all of you the safe lives. Some people where I live now, in America they don't wanna know what's going in Iraq. They just want to see what they want. Here are the truts, and the peace they brought.
My best regards.......keep going;)

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

hi sunshine, your amazing , i like ur writing so much,
keep up the good work and may we all leave in peace one day...
love and peace

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How horrific. You stay safe and well Sunshine. Be like sunshine, breaking through dark and stormy clouds, no matter what, and shine happiness and hope upon you and everyone else around you.

 
At 5:16 AM, Anonymous Kristi said...

Sunshine,
Your information and pictures are so important. Thank you for taking time to share your world with the rest of us in the world. I live in New Mexico, USA, and find your writing to be wonderful. I would love to correspond with you. I have a daughter exactly your age. Her name is Haley. Would love to hear from you.
Kristi
martinkewiz@valornet.com

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger jordan said...

sunshine, i can't even begin to imagine how hard it is for you, your family and the rest of your people.i to am a teenage girl but the things i take for granted i wish you and everyone else could have. the war in Iraq is not fair on anyone it shouldnt even be happening, all it is doing is causing pain and suffering to everyone and anyone who it touches.i wish and hope that it will be over for everyone very soon in the mean time i wish you well and keep doing what your doing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home