Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Thursday, March 12, 2009

My diaries in short...

I spend most the time these days studying, I stay up till 11 pm and wake up next day at 6:30 to go to school, I am not getting enough time to sleep, and my face looks tired, but I know these days will pass, but the result of my study will not fade away, so… I can sleep later.
The situation this week was very bad, many car bombs exploded, we hear shooting the whole time, many were killed or injured, and many roads were closed, I spend more than an hour trying to find an opened road in my way from school to my house, I arrive exhausted, with red face and killing headache after I take a nap for an hour to rest, I have physics or chemistry lectures at home, after that I do my homework while I listen to slow music, and my favorite songs ..(I like Whitney Huston, blue, west life, George Michael, Shania twin, Josh Groban, and too many to mention, I also like country music a lot, and I hear Arabic and some Iraqi music)..

In spite of the unbearable situation, I feel very optimistic and positive this week, because I didn't hear TV or radio news at all, whenever someone starts to complain about the situation and hard life I go away, when I feel stressed a little bit I put headphone and enjoy my new MP4,I read at least one page of the gorgeous book ( la tahzan= don't be sad), I try to create good things, instead of waiting for good things to happen to enjoy myself and everyone around me ..
You remember when I talked about the competition?? I have good news, both sides got the same marks.. It was a great competition but the judges were unfair with our side, they asked us harder questions and also about things we'd never heard of in our life!! When we answer a question but make one mistake they give us zero, while they give the other team one or two marks even if they didn't answer the whole question correctly, the teachers told the judges to be fair, but they didn't listen, I have to admit the antagonist was very smart, but we did better..
We competed with guys; they were dressed up very nice, my friend told me that she knew from one of them that two guys bought new clothes for the competition to look handsome; they wanted to impress us, as they were competing with 22 girls! Well to tell the truth many looked handsome, I love the spiky hairstyle a lot, and their clothes seemed very modern and new: D
Next Thursday, my classmates and I will have our final party in high school, and we'll have to say good bye to each other as we may not be in the same collage next year, it'll be hard to do so, we've been together for 6 years, shared each other the good and bad times, cried and laughed together.. I wish everyone the best of luck..
I'll start to finish the curricula alone on 22/3, I need 8 days to study them well, after that I'll restudy everything I've been studying since April 2008 when I started to prepare for the ministerial examination which will be on 28/5 or the first of June..
Sunshine

10 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post, it's really great to see your personality shine through (even your appreciation of the hansome boys:)). I wish you well as always, things in Mosul don't seem to be changing much from what you say. I hope that in a better future you can look back and be greatful of your high spirits now.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, girl -- you need to get more sleep! I'm glad you're such a diligent student -- I'm so excited to see the leadership roles you take as you grow -- but I'm sure you need more than 7 hours of sleep... hahaha, I myself need about 10 --

hugs,
Rachel

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi sunshine!

All the best for ur upcoming exams!
I know you will do your best:)
Im pretty blurred about your education system.
If you dont mind,can you explain it to me?
How many ministrial exams you have to sit before entering college??

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Dr.blogger said...

hello sunshine, this is first time I see your blog, I read your posts, It seems that me and you share in many things ( town, the high school, blogging). I passed this state before ( the hard study and much study the headache, exhaustion)
but remember as long as you study more you will get higher marks and you will need a lot of good luck.

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

It is always interesting to read about your daily life about school and your friends. Sometimes I think you are mature beyond your age due to your having to live your young life in a war zone, but then, you sound like so many other teenagers: music, dress, boys etc.

I was interested in your liking Shania Twain's music. She grew up near here in Timmins Ontario, Canada, a small gold mining city.
When her mother and step-father were killed in a car crash she had to raise her brothers and sisters. In spite of this she managed to have a music career. In Timmins, they have a special museum to her. While she lives now in Switzerland she often comes home to Timmins.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Jhondie said...

i don't get much sleep either. i wish I can say it was due to studying. More like trying to study :) Well Good luck with getting into a good college! Peace be with you and stay safe.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Jack B. said...

Wow, you do a lot of school work. I can't remember having to do a quarter of what you describe when I was your age. I hope you book is coming along and a belated Happy Birthday, Sunshine. You deserve it!

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very well said i read all ur posts,
i m also keeping my pace for blogging i need ur help ,, i found ur blogging way the best , thanks dear,,
u made me feel great, mine is

http://recipieoflife.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-childhood-days.html

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Dr.Human said...

Hi sunshine ..
I wish you all the luck in the exams
you must organise a good program for your restudying the subjects ..
remember that you should sleep well .ok ..?

موفقة ان شاء الله

 
At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no doubt in my mind that you will do well in anything you do. I just hope you will be able to relax soon. You are under too much stress. A young girl your age needs to have more fun. I also believe you would if possible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home