Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Friday, April 03, 2009

Tous les reves peuvent se realiser rien n'impossible ...

Finally I finished the curricula and I started to re-study and memorize all the subjects two days ago..
I found that studying at home is much better than going to school, passing through dangerous roads and wasting time specially that our teachers don't explain well and sometimes explain in a wrong way!!
I study about 10 hours in these days, I do exercises everyday, listen to music, read a part of "la tahzan" book, and try to make my spirit high.
The first subject that I started to study is mathematics, everyday is scheduled, what time to rest, or exercise, or take a nap, in this way I won't waste a second, and also I will not exhaust myself and be in such a hurray.
On Thursday I went to the medical collage, I have tens of friends there and they kept urging and begging me to make a visit, I had a great time there, I have friends from different stages..
My best friend O and her group took me to the anatomy laboratory, they said I have to face my fear and see a "dead body"!!! the funniest thing is first I didn’t know where they were going to take me, when I entered the laboratory and saw human skeleton I ran out , and they drag me inside !! Anyway after awhile I got used to it..
Then we went to the cafeteria, then the stadium, the guys were playing football and basketball, I saw all the places in the collage, and then I went to another friend to support her while she was presenting her graduation project which was a seminar about malaria, when the seminar was over we celebrated, her group was very nice one, specially the humorous student from Baghdad who kept joking! I am sure they'll be great Drs.
On Tuesday I had two lectures, in the morning I had an Arabic lecture, the lecturer had some notes to tell us, and also taught us the right way to answer the essay, as we have to write one in the examination, last year the students were shocked when they had to write about a political subject!! When the lecture was over, the lecturer brought me a big present, and a very beautiful card, my friends felt so jealous, they said "why you???!!!!!! What about us??!!!" my lecturer respect and admire me a lot, he says that I am his "spiritual daughter", whenever I talk he pay me attention and sometimes we discuss our ideas about a certain book or so, he said he rarely find girls my age like the Arabic literature and the famous old poets, and he also like my writings (the Arabic ones). I feel so happy and blessed to know such a great person..
At noon I went to another teacher, I studied the genetics by myself but I had some questions about the subject, so grandpa took me to his workmate's sister who is a biology teacher..
Honestly, unlike most of the 6th grade student I am excited because "the 70 days of studying" started.. as it is said " the 1000 miles journey starts with a step"
And as my friend Baghdadentist always tell me "tous les reves peuvent se realiser rien n'impossible" I wrote encouraging sentences such as poems and aphorisms and stoke them on the mirror and closet!
Sunshine...

11 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you area a very determined girl. glad to know that you've faced your fears.
wish you luck.

Baghdadentist

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Congrats, Sunny!

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Roy said...

Sunny, you have got to be the hardest working person I have ever known or heard of. What ever you choose to do you will do well. Someday I just hope you will be able to relax and enjoy all of your work.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Jhondie said...

Good luck in College :) I'm into my second semester now... it's tougher then i remember.

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sunny,im so glad to see that you wrote it on a paper and stoke it on the mirror and u've faced your fears,you are a very determined girl.
wish you best luck.

baghdadentist

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Rebecca said...

I have been quietly following your blog for at least two years (with a couple of comments when times were especially bad). I am very happy indeed to read your last two postings, full of optimism.

In the words of someone else, "Yes, we _can_ seize our future".

(no I am not American but...)

Onwards and upwards!

 
At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:D

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger olivebranch said...

my sunshines all grown up =-)
congratulations dearest lil one :)

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Shanjun said...

I like your blog.YOU are smart

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Massimo said...

Dear "Sunshine",I sent to you this message, some years ago. Maybe you didn't get it. So I'm trying again...
I'm the editor of an Italian magazine, "Qui - appunti dal presente", which
comes out in English too as "Here - notes from the present". It was
launched in Italy to gather testimonies, observations, and reflections about
the times we live in. It presents diary pages interspersed with brief essays
and some literary prose, and its collaborators are people from different
countries in the world. It is published both on paper and on the Internet
(www.quiappuntidalpresente.it or www.quihere.eu).
Well, I happened to stumble upon your blog these days, and I'd like to
publish some excerpts from your diary entries (they are in attachment). May
I have your authorization? If you agree, I'd need a brief biographical note
about you, for our section "Contributors and translators". Thank you and
best regards
Massimo Parizzi

 
At 4:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sunshine: I just came across your blog and you have struck me as a wonderfully bright, courageous and intelligent young lady, a true gift to your nation. I have a son in the military over in Kirkuk and I hear things are getting pretty bad over in the north around Mosul between the Arabs and Kurds. I hope that you are not close to it. My son is only two years older than you, and is quite confused over the things going on in Iraq, his idea of the Army was much different than what he thought it would be. I am sad for him, and I pray for you. Maybe someday things will be different and you can meet each other. Many questions - perhaps some answers. Godspeed to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home