Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Busy summer holiday ....


Finally we finished the Arabic curriculum last week, the teacher was satisfied, he said he’d never seen a group like ours, like to study, hard workers, and serious ..
The Arabic teacher is unique person, he has such a great strong personality, serious, polite, and respectful, he likes me a lot, he gave me so much attention, more than anyone, I intended to be quiet, and when I talk, I tell him about notes I read in different books about the subject we are talking about, and that made the teacher so pleased ..
My friends and I began to attend Chemistry and Mathematics private lessons, we took few lectures, but I want to change my Mathematics teacher, I hope the group of the other teacher will accept .. I pray for that..
The situation was good for a week, but now we started to hear explosions, mines and shooting. Car bombs and mines exploded and killed many people, injured others, and destroyed the citizens houses.
Few days ago , I was waiting for the chemistry class to begin, so I sat on the edge of the window, talking with my friend about my favorite Turkish serial called “Noor” , and my other friends were listening to music, suddenly an explosion happened and the blast opened the windows and some small chops fall on me, I went quickly outside the room, and tried to call my dad but I couldn’t get through, I felt so worried and my head was going to blow out, because my dad said he’ll take a walk near the teacher’s house, I kept sending SMS’s to dad, and each second I’d check my mobile during the class, after 2 hours, the class was over and I went outside running! I felt so glad when I saw dad ..
Next day, my driver couldn’t come, so my mom sent me her driver, he was 15 minutes late, and I felt extremely mad, I really hate to wait, I am very exact in time, anyway, we reached the teacher’s house and I kept knocking on the door, but no one replied, I felt scared, the street was empty and the driver had big tattoo on his shoulder!! I called my friend and she said the class was postponed one hour ! “what shall I do?!” I thought, then I decided to spend this hour waiting in our friends’ house which wasn’t far, I spent the time there with the grandmother, as everyone else was at work .. I called my friend and asked her to meet me in a nearby place so that I go with her to the teacher’s house again, when she called me, I went outside to wait for her, it is the first time I walk in the street alone since the war began, I felt horrified, the street was empty, I stood near a car wrecks, previously blown up , and waited for my friend, what scared me most is there was couple of workers staring at me, I was wondering what to do, run ? walk ? I took few steps back, and called my friend who was stuck in a checkpoint, and asked her to stay on the phone with me, it is scary to walk in the street alone, in a country with no security, there is no 911 here!
Yesterday I went with my mom to her work ,I had great time there and met Baghdadentist, I’ll have an operation soon for my impacted wisdom tooth, I am really nervous, I hate the needle hehe ..
Keep praying for us ,
With my love,
Sunshine..

16 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger John said...

Dear Sunshine,
I'm so very sorry that you have been having such frightening experiences. You and Najma and your families are in my prayers every day. Good luck with your wisdom tooth. I guess maybe you're just too wise!

 
At 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know or have ideas why the violence is starting to increase again?

 
At 3:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about all the problems that have began again. I had and still hope that the safety of you and all innocent Iraqi people will begin soon.

I know what you mean about the tooth injections. I had to have a few teeth removed over the years and finally had all of them removed a few years ago. Take care of your teeth. You still have 60 years to go before you get as old as me. I can not eat some foods I like because of no teeth. That is why I want you to care for yours before they get bad.

Please stay safe and keep shining. I do not know what we would do without you. We would cry a lot I am sure!!!

Thank you for all you do for us.

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger Jhondie said...

I hope this spike in violence wont last long. Stay safe Sunshine. I'll pray for you as always. I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled out too :) been putting it off for many years now.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger cat said...

Hey Sunny!
Nice to hear that you're doing well in your classes! Don't we all get teacher we wish to exchange? lol. I heard that the military is starting another major offensive in Mosul against AQI. I sincerely pray that this will be the final operation, and that you can have peace in Iraq. Your military and police are doing and OUTSTANDING job, by the way. Luv ya lots!
Cat

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sunshine. I pray for you and your safety every night. I look forward to your posts hoping to read good news about you, your family and your friends.
Be safe and happy.

Kenny
SO CAL

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

You are so brave, Sunny! I love reading your blog entries and can't wait to see what you do when you grow up. You are such a smart, sweet, strong girl.

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate the needle, too, Sweetie. Just count to ten, and it will be over.

Love,

Bill

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee Sunny, sometimes you life sounds like a scary movie. I hope this surge in violence ends soon. How is your book coming along? I want to read it.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Captain Jarred Fishman, USAFR said...

Sunny!! I am very mad at you. Why do you take even MORE risks now than before when I have told you to be even more careful for the next two months?!! You and your family need to listen to me!! :) You are too brave for your own good. I know you want to have a normal life, but just wait a few more months before doing these things. It will take several more weeks to continue to destroy the remaining Al Qaeda cells in Mosul and fully get enough police into every neighborhood. Don't take risks so close to final victory!! Be smart!!

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Captain Jarred Fishman, USAFR said...

As far as why there is "more violence" there really is not. About two months ago Al Qaeda launched several car bombs that flattened entire neighborhoods. Now the Iraqi national police and Iraqi Army as well as the US Army are killing and capturing terrorist cells everyday and the terrorists are trying to run like rats out of Mosul in all directions. So it is the last gasp of them, just like in every war the last few months are the bloodiest as the enemy goes down fighting. And in May, the US forces lost a total of only 19 soldiers- a record low for the entire 5 year war so it is not like violence is spiking. It is just in some neighborhoods of Mosul we are mopping up..

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Jhondie said...

I like the picture. I hope Iraq can be free of all foreign powers soon. Stay safe :) Oh, I'll send you some pictures. Show you how we Americans party. heh

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Hi Sunshine!

I am praying for your safety. You sound like such an intelligent young lady! I wish the war would end and all countries could just get along with one another. It's the children who are also victims in a war, and it's just doesn't seem fair to spend your growing up years that way. I just couldn't even imagine my children being out in those streets like you are. You be careful now, and remember that you have so many American friends praying for your safety.

(((HUGS)))

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Nayan said...

Dear Sunshine,
I discovered your blog in Feb and have been really impressed by your intelligence and optimistic nature. :)
May God bless you and your loved ones. We need peace, so desperately.

Please keep on writing..

PS - My nick is Sunny too! :)

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey love your new pic, you're a real inspiration.

Stay Strong
T

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger RG said...

Hi Sunshine!

Glad your father is OK.

In America, we celebrate a holiday this weekend called "Father's Day". It is a day to honor our fathers. You can celebrate it with us. You and your brother and sister should get together and plan a nice surprise to honor your father.

Here are a couple of songs that honor fathers in English.

Daddy's Hands

Love with end. (a "country" song by a Texas Cowboy)

Stay Safe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home