Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

MSNBC news , the famous actor Gary Sinise's interview , & moi (Sunshine) !!!, unbelievable!!!

( this post was published in December but i had to delete it for some reasons at that time, enjoy it )
Hello friends I received a letter from my friend , telling me that a famous actor mentioned my blog address in an interview he said :
Hello Sunshine,
I am predicting that you will have many new friends in the USA after today. A famous actor here mentioned your blog when he was interviewed on the radio about his work with supplies for Iraqi school children. His Name is Gary Sinise - He was in the movies "Forest Gump" and "Apollo 13" and many others. He is a very good man.
When I read that I started to shout MAMA , come here & I started reading the E-mail in a loud sound , I searched in goggle , trying to find the interview but unfortunately I couldn't find it . Anyway the funniest thing is that I waited for a long time ( because the internet services are sooooooo slow) trying to download the morning news & interviews that were shown on the american national TV ,after I watched them all ,& I couldn't find anything ! my mom said " I think your friend said in his letter that the interview was on the RADIO !" I said " OH , NOOOOOOOOOOO " & we started to laugh … Anyway , In the same day I wrote a letter & tried to send it to the famous Gary Sinise but I couldn't find the E-mail address , fortunately my friend Madcanuck was online, he helped me to find the address ( thank you ,sir ), my mom said "I am afraid he won't be able to answer you , he must be a very busy man , but there is no harm if you try to do that " ,'I sent the letter to him , I said :
" Dear sir … Hope you are fine , I am Sunshine , a 13 years old girl from Iraq , I live in Mosul & I have a blog www.livesstrong.blogspot.com One of my readers told me that you mentioned my blog address in one of your interviews it is an honor for me I know you are very busy but Please sir let me know if it is correct that you mentioned my blog address in your interview …….. I can't wait to hear from you …..
God bless you ……
Sunshine...
In the next day I was checking my E-mails and I was shocked ,I received so many E-mails , telling me that I was mentioned in news channel MSNBC & that they said something about me, I kept searching but I couldn't find anything either ! Then I received a letter, my mom was watching TV, when I told her I received another letter she said "from whom? " (I didn't even imagine that the letter came from the famous actor Gary Sinise), my mom said at once " oh ,he might be him, I said "I don't know yet I will see ," I wasn't expecting that a famous actor would answer me that quickly , when I saw the subject of the letter I shouted "OH YES HE IS " I don't know what happened to me, I couldn't wait to read it (as you know the services are slow ) , I read it in a loud shaky voice , I was so happy , & excited , I kept shaking , & laughing , it was the best day ever , & of course couldn't sleep that night !!! I asked Mr. Sinise if I can publish his letter , he said "ok" :
Hello Sunshine, So good to hear from you. Yes, I did mention your website on the radio because I think it is great what you are doing and I want people here in the United States to see what you have to say about life in Iraq today. We get a very uneven view of things because all we have is the media and they are sometimes very one sided. The media pretty much only shows us all the terrible things, the bombings and the death toll but not the everyday life of the Iraqi people. We do not know how the average Iraqi citizen feels about things there and you write very well about your life in Mosul. Just being a kid and going to school and trying to have a good life. I know that there are many bad guys there who are making things very difficult for all of you. But I am very optimistic about the upcoming vote this week and I know that someday you will live in an Iraq your parents have never seen. A free Iraq where you have the right to chose your own leaders, go to work, become what you want, say what you want and have a good future where you will not live in fear. You children are the future of your country. You write of your pride in the security police. I truly hope that with this new government more and more of the Iraqi people will come forward to turn in the bad guys and help to defeat them. But you all must be very very careful. I know that you all would rather not have the US forces in your country but I am hopeful that we will be there until a time when the new government is strong and the bad guys are under control. I was so sad to read your story of the two men who were killed putting up posters. In a democracy people are free to support the candidates of their choice and they were doing that. It is unfortunate that they died doing it. You keep on writing in your blog Sunshine. People are reading it. We need to hear from Iraqis who are optimistic about their future and who are excited by the possibilities that freedom can bring.
Your American friend,
PS. How did you learn English? You are very good.

After I received this letter I chat with Madcanuck , he was the first one I shared this letter with....
Am I lucky or what ???????????
Stay safe & take care .......
Sunshine (very very happy & excited sunshine)
Lucky lucky me.

28 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found out about your site yesterday while I was watching the news on MSNBC. The reporter was talking about the elections taking place in Iraq and mentioned what happened in your town.
~Jennifer
jburger8868@hotmail.com

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger programmer craig said...

Congratulions, Sunshine! You really deserve the recognition! You are such a sweet kid, and so bright too :)

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger In His Steps said...

I'm so excited for you Sunshine! Look how your "sunshine" has shone across the nations!!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Ripama said...

Sunshine,

I sent a letter to President Bush mentioning your site.

You have one of the most interesting things to say, and the most interesting way to say them.

Keep Posting.

Wishing you and yours well.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Jack B. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Sunshine said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger In His Steps said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sunshine. I am so very happy for you. You deserve it and much more. The world loves you. You are such a wonderful person. Stay safe and be happy.

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sunshine,

I check your blog daily in hopes that you have posted something new. I read Iraq the Model regularly and one of the brothers mentioned your blog in a post a while back and that is why I started reading "Days of My Life". You go girl! Just think there are people all of the United States reading your blog and from other countries too....you are famous.
Julie

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Sunshine said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats ok sunshine.. But why?

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Sunshine is concerned for the actor's safety.

Sunshine,

No worries. Things are not so dangerous in the US. But that was really cool, thinking about putting even the actor's safety first.

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine I love your Blog! Stay sweet and safe.

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger In His Steps said...

I pray that God will grant both you and your whole family safety and peace on this election day for your country. YOu are a brave girl and we all love you and want you to be safe and secur.

 
At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maddog,

No one in a war zone, with friends and relatives having been killed, needs to have their image posted with soldiers who visited that persons home.

No one in a war zone, ESPECIALLY a young teen who has the courage to blog out of that war zone, owes anyone else, especially those of us out side the war zone and an explanation as to why that young teen surrounded with so much danger and death brought on by terrorists, to explain why that person feels a deeply ingrained need to protect others, most likely due to the carnage that precious child is having to witness day in and day out, even an Iraqi child wanting to protect a famous American actor over in America that has shown her worthy praise.

Sunshine realizes that terror can not only strike in America, but that terror can strike two high rises in downtown Manhatten, the Pentagon in our nation's capital, an airliner over Pennsylvania, the suburbs of Paris France, the rail tunnels in London, the rail tunnels in Spain, the beaches of Bali, the streets and beaches of Sydney.

Maddog,
This child is far more in touch with the world and the dangers out in the world to all freedom loving people, than you obviously will ever be.

Maddog, you owe us an explanation, as to why you have no clue as to why you can not understand a child in a war zone.

But don't bring your stuff into here, take it over to the comment section of Iraq the Model. You will find me there buddy.

This child in a war zone does not need any more strife (demands for needless explanations from you) or demands that she compromises her and her family's security (you demanding she publish pictures of her with US soldiers who inspected her home).

Get real dog. See you at Iraq the Model

 
At 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine RG is correct. please do not post anything to personal about your self. Iraq the model is often mentioned on the radio here and everything is fine, but you do live in a different area and there will be plenty of time in the future when things are calmer to post more persnal information. Meanwhile it's great just to read your opinions and idea's.. I would love to hear more about your friends thoughts and ideas. Stay sweet!

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger Bassam Sebti said...

wow !!! congratulations ! I wish i could know the actor... you became famous now.. way to go..

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger olivebranch said...

Gee'ze don't turn this into a comments war on Sunshine's blog. You want a war go do it in your own E-mail boxes.

Sunshine was asked not to use the actors name. It says so in the post.

That is why she is not using it. That is all that matters.

but Maddog does not owe anyone an explenation, and if you want one from him send him an email.

Maddog is an avid reader and regular commenter, and I am sure his curiosity gets the better of him at times.

Maddog, if you want to get to know Sunshine better- I suggest you contact her through email and ask if she wants to Yahoo chat with you.

She is more open to conversation there, and doesn't have to worry about 1,000,000 people knowing private details of her life and security situation :)

 
At 3:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB SUNSHINE!!!! So glad to hear the good news. You are making an impact on people with you day to day life and how you write about. That must be a great feeling to know that. Keep up the good work.

 
At 4:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wrote "I can't change the world ... " a short time ago. I think you see it is possible now.

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger programmer craig said...

I saw the post before the name was removed, but I won't say anything either :)

Don't worry, Sunshine, nobody is going to be mad at you for anything you do. It's always better to be safe than sorry :)

 
At 6:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine,

I heard about your blog on a radio interview which took place this weekend. (Heard on KFI AM 640 in Los Angeles, California.) I didn't quite catch the name of your blog so I emailed the radio show and they responded with the address to your blog. That night I read every single post you've made to your blog, as well as your mother's. It gave me a lot of insight into how life is for you, and the people of your city and nation.

Keep up the good work, and live strong! My thoughts are with you.

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine, you are a superstar in my book! Keep blogging, girl!

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope all this fame does not change our dear Sunshine! :-)

Best wishes to the Iraqi people on this election day. The vast majority of Americans very much want the Iraqi people to enjoy the same peace, freedom, human rights, and opportunity we have in our own country.

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A final word on vibrator hygiene: they clean each time after use with hot soap. More to the point, vibrators are safe with regard to sexually transmitted diseases, but can be transmitted infections produced by various bacteria. You should also make sure that you are not allergic to materials such as rubber or silicon. Although very rare, there are cases where people experienced a rash caused by this lack of attention. Last, but not least: find your vibrator a safe place, away from dogs or curiosity of children, who may develop rather a "hobby" for your small sex toy.
adult sex toys information adult sex toys information
adult sex toys adult sex toys
sex toys information sex toys information
sex toys information sex toys information
adult sex toys adult sex toys
sex toys information sex toys information
waterproof vibrators waterproof vibrators

 

Post a Comment

<< Home