Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Eed Sa'id ....

Hello friends ..
Ramadan will end after few days … & after that the Muslims
will celebrate" Eed al-Fotr" .. in eed we wear new clothes & visit our friends,& relatives ….
The great news are , I will go to Baghdad in eed, that means I will meet Hassan , Najma, Raghda , Dalia , Kais , & Hnk ( we are all relatives& of course bloggers).
I am so excited , We didn't celebrate in the last two eeds ,we had bad time in these Eeds ,I wrote posts about that " leaving the home " & " at relative's house" . But this eed I will have fun ( In- shalla) , I have many relatives in Baghdad I'll see them all this eed ( can't wait).
The most important tradition in eed that all the family (close relatives ) , uncles , aunts , grandparents , grandchildren etc celebrate to gather in the first day of eed in the house of the oldest family member, then they spend the other days of eed with friends ,neighbors & the rest of family ..
In Baghdad we will spend the first days of eed In my parents' uncle house, we will be about 30 person & may be more , we will have lunch there ,of course" Dolma" will be the main dish (Humm)…. ..
I like the family meeting, the family here is very important..
The other thing we are used to have as a tradition is that, the parents give their children presents , candies & money we call it "Eddia"….
I used to find my present near my bed when I wake up in the morning …
This will be the first Eed without my aunt Rose. Hope she will be with us next eed.….
I will go to Baghdad on Monday & be back on Saturday …
Wish me a safe happy trip …
Eed sa'id every one ( merry feast ) ….
Sunshine …

23 Comments:

At 3:21 AM, Blogger Heather Meadows said...

Eed Sa'id! Have a safe trip!

 
At 3:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Posted this article at http://www.happeningoverthere.com

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger GeeOh! said...

It is interesting to hear about your celebrations and how different but alike to ours they are sunshine. enjoy your trip, be safe, eat well, laugh, enjoy family gatherings, thinking of you always.

P.S. thanks for your concern during my sickness, am slowly getting better, though i think i have given it to olive and his family :/

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very happy that you and your wonderful family will be able to enjoy the time together!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Hassan said...

Hey Sunshine,

Looking forward to this, I'm sure we can make up for the last few Eids. Hey I have found a song titled "Sunshine" I will let you hear it when you are here..

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a great time. enjoy. take care.
starliz

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Howarde said...

You're a very nice writer for a young lady, so keep it up. I read your Aunt Rose's Blog and then found her Link to your site.
It is more than sixty years since I was in your region, to Khorramshahr, Iran, so I know a little bit about it.

Take care, and my best wishes for you and your family, and relatives. Enjoy your Holidays, safely.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Howarde said...

I forgot to say that this letter is from the U.S.A., from California.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Jack B. said...

Happy Eid, Sunshine! I hope you enjoy your time in Baghdad and get back to Mosul safely.

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sunshine

Iraq the Model, a blog that is popular around the world, just posted about your blog!

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have a safe and happy eed, and may you celebrate many more to come.
There are many in my country that wish the Iraqi people peace and prosperity!
Go for your' dream, and be the best engineer that you can possably be.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have a safe and happy eed, and may you celebrate many more to come.
There are many in my country that wish the Iraqi people peace and prosperity!
Go for your' dream, and be the best engineer that you can possably be.

 
At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ojala que tengas un buen viaje!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Rosemary Welch said...

Dear Sunshine,
Have a marvelous Eid! I pray for your safety there and back and everyday.

In case you do not see your other post which Omar recommended, I would like to link you to my blogroll.

BTW, when you say dolma, do mean rice, meat, and vegetables rolled into a leaf or cabbage? I love the yulonchi! (I am Armenian.) Have a wonderful time.

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assalamu 'alaykum
Hope you had a wonderful 'Eid.

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I very much enjoyed reading your blog. Keep it up!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Najma said...

Where are you? We want a post! ;)

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Ripama said...

Sunshine,

Your blog is well written.

Since you are in Mosul, maybe you will be interested in Michael Yon's
blog. He was in Mosul up untill September and has many stories and photos.

Ripama from Massachusetts

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Ripama said...

Sunshine,

I forgot to paste the link to Michael Yon's blog.

http://michaelyon.blogspot.com/

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Anthony said...

Just wanted to say hello from Los Angeles, California, USA! Looking forward to your next post!

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day! 

what is your favorite color of....mine is blue!

By the way, I love that too!  How did you find that?  

Bye, - MyGirl! 


[color=#c28][b][url=http://paid-surveys-siteogwzyqnw.blogspot.com]see how I make free money with paid online surveys[/url][/b][/color]

 
At 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really enjoy reading your blog...

im a writer too and i admire your work :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home