Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Sunday, May 22, 2005

my diary of the two last days

Hi friends. Yesterday, I had French exam, the questions was so hard , and the weather was so hot, anyhow I did good enough, when we left the school three bombs were left in the middle of the street , every one was panicked ,then explosives experts came and took them away . Today early in the morning heave shooting awaked us, the terrorists attacked the checkpoint, which is just behind our house, as I ran in a hurry from my bed I felt dizzy, but we are all safe.
Tomorrow my mother, brother , sister & me are leaving to Baghdad to visit my grandparents, we miss them a lot , I didn’t see them since last August , usually we feel so happy & excited to go to my grandparents house ,but this time we fell afraid because of the unsafe road ,& we might be tracked for hours in the hot weather because of an accident against the police , the army or a bomb in the street.
Wish me a safe trip.
I may not be able to write for you in the couple coming weeks, but I will try.
Good bye …

4 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

goodbye and stay safe
starliz

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Randy said...

Thanks for commenting - It helps me understand your struggle.

 
At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow i'm not sure what to say. I was deployed to Iraq for over a year in the begining of the war. It seems to me a little weird for bombs to be left in the middle of the street. As far as attacking checkpoints...since checkpoint attacks have decreased a lot. I didnt know they were still stupid enough to do that. Oh well interesting post.

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Jack B. said...

Please try to stay safe, Sunshine. And good luck with your grades, although it's obvious how smart you are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home