Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Saturday, May 14, 2005

At relatives house...

Hi, every body you remember the reason behind leaving the house, and now I will till you how we spent the day distant our home:
When my father asked us to be ready and to leave the house, we started to prepare ourselves rapidly. I went to my room and started to prepare my clothes & other things, my mother was responsible for taking the medicaments and the important papers, our money & jewelers. We also took chargable lights and our dosses.
Our relatives were surprised when we arrived with our pyjamas coming early with our stuffs (may be they thought we would have a pyjama party!!!!!!!!!). However, they welcomed us.
Their family consist of parents , five boys (THEY ARE : A, 25 YEARS old, E 24, M 15, B 13, W 1.)& one girl (she is 6 years old).
We were invited to take one of the boys room (B & M they are my best friends), they left their room and slept in the living room.
We spent the dark nights to gather playing cards, monopoly, & telling jokes. We cooked & made housework to gather, we spent a good time in spite of every thing.
In the next day guided missiles fell in the neighborhood near our house , 3 neighbors were wounded (two of them are brothers) ,& the fourth one was killed he left behind him three kids , a wife ,& parents .
The wounded guys stayed at home bleeding with no chance to be transformed to hospital, because of errantry bans, & the fights in the streets.
They were first aid by a neighbor doctor.
We remained in contact with my Dad & his parents by the mobile phone.
We remained in our relatives house for 9 days , But because of the very cold weather , no oil , no electricity ,the house was very cold .And no enough warm water to take daily bath for every one ,to wash the dishes , clothes , particularly there are two babies , we felt embarrassed to stay any more .As well as the boys might need their room . My mother insisted to go back home, they tried so hard to persuade her to stay, But she refused.
In the next day the condition became worse, we had to go back a gain to them.
We spent another 10 days in there house then the situation became a little bit better (because additional forces arrived to Mosul) & we had to go back to school, so we went home, But, this time permanently!
In that eed, we did some thing different; we ware the new clothes at home!!!!!!!
We had eed in a new way!!
The terrorists could not make us miss the eed and they will never do….

Sunshine ..

13 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger SGT Port said...

Hi Sunshine, I am going to try to read your blog every day while I am here in Baghdad. I have read all of your posts so far. I also have read some of your relitive's blogs. I am glad to be able to read yours from the begining. I have enjoyed your posts so far. Stay safe.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger SGT Port said...

Hey it's me again, I wanted to mention that there is a setting you have to check to make sure everyone can post comments on your blog. If you don't check this setting, only people that have a blog can post comments.

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Jack B. said...

"The terrorists could not make us miss the eed and they will never do…"

Sunshine, these words give me such hope. You and your family will obviously not let the terrorists rule your life. That's so brave. I honestly don't know if I could be so brave like that.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Sunshine said...

dear sir (sgt port) thank you for your concerning .
am also glad that you read for my family . you mentioned about check the setting , will you please tell me how ?
stay safe
sunshine

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Mad Canuck said...

Hi Sunshine,

I've been reading your blog for a couple of weeks now, you're definitely off to a good start. I've been reading your relatives' blogs for a while now, and have become friends with a few of them (one of whom probably said hi to you from me today).

I have a blog also, here is a link if you are interested.

The setting Sgt. Port is suggesting you turn on is to allow anonymous comments. This is a bit dangerous - some of your relatives have tried this, and have had some really nasty comments posted on their blogs (some people figure they can post anything if they're anonymous). I really hope those rude and insensitive people don't find your blog, but if they do, please remember that most of us don't think like that.

I hope this helps. Welcome to the world of blogging...:)

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger SGT Port said...

Hello again sunshine, Mad Canuck is right. There are many rude people out there that may leave nasty comments on your blog. I too have had a few nasty comments left on my blog by anonymous persons. If you still want to know how to turn it on; here is how. When you logon to your blog go to change settings. Then, click on (comments) at the top of the page. Then choose the setting in the drop down menu for who can comment. There is also a place where you can fill in your email address at the bottom of the page so that the comments get sent to your email address to let you know a new comment has been posted. Remember if you do decide to let everyone comment you can always change it back later or delete comments that may be bad ones.
Hope this helps. Have a good night.

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Mad Canuck said...

Hi Sunshine,

I was disturbed this morning when I saw Najma's blog entry about the violence in her neighborhood and the bomb front of her house this morning. I also saw some news stories today about fighting in Mosul.

Are you okay? Was there any fighting in your part of town?

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Sunshine said...

DEAR (MAD CANUCK)
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONCERNING , NO EVERY THING IS QUITE IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD , WISH ME SAFE WAY TO MY SCHOOL TOMORROW .
SUNSHINE

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following t-shirt blog, it is cool to!

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following jackets blog, it is cool to!

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY LOOKY HERE!!! Rene Keiser signed up, and here's what happend..."This website is so viral - I received over one hundred sign-ups and my network is already 5 levels deep in less than 48 hours." ~ Rene Keiser. Learn more about it here: mlm site. It pretty much covers mlm related stuff and it is FREE to join.

 
At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bulk email engine financial freedom internet marketing marketing mentoring positioning search training

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all Good page livesstrong.blogspot.com! Thanks.
tramadol
buy tramadol tramadol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home