Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Friday, May 06, 2005

a letter to oprah.

Hi, friends I sent a letter to Oprah, and I wont you to share it with me Dear Oprah:
This is sunshine from Mosul in Iraq, I am a teenager in the second class in secondary school; I admire you and your show a lot, I do not miss any show. You are really a good helpful person, you give me strength and hope that life could become better for us, now we have difficult and scary days but it could become tolerable with hope, I created a blog and name it www.livesstrong.blogspot.com you inspired me the name through one of your show when you made an interview with a mondial bicycle rider (Lans Armstrong) and his wonderful idea (the Livesstrong wristlet). If you read my blog, which is an honor for me, you may find how I passed my tribulation when I had eye problem in the midyear exam. With strength and insistence. Since, last July my neighborhood almost every day witness a battle between terrors against the Iraqi policemen and the American soldier, which is a very terrifying, and some times sudden explosions break the windows of our house, once a bullet entered through the window of our kitchen, and many other bullets penetrate the walls of the house from the out side. If you come to the neighborhood, you will see the destruction in houses, bullets entered in the walls and doors (of course after what I am telling you, it will be wise if you don’t think to come).
So we always have surprises but not the good once.
My family, my friends and I are against terrors and we hope that one day we may live in peace .some times I feel hopeless, but your show come in the evening with more hope and joy, thank you.
Sincerely,
Sunshine

11 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Najma said...

Hey Sunshine,

Nice letter.. Let me know if you get the reply!

I hope you'll do well in French and Geography, two 100s on the card to be proud of..

Your posts are great, you'll get visitors in no time..

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger Jack B. said...

Hi, sunshine. You have a very nice blog (that I found via A Star from Mosul). Is your school the same as Najma and HNK's? It sounds like it. You must be very smart to get good grades even with your eye trouble. I wear glasses (not all the time) and even then I get eye strain a lot, I hope you get better.

As for that letter to Oprah it was very good. I think it would be a great idea for an American TV show to go to Mosul and see the violence thats there every day - I think it would open a lot of eyes not only here in the States but in the new Iraqi Govt. as well. I hope things get better for you and I think eventually your school will have computers and labs and everything considering how talented it students are.

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Dancewater said...

Sunshine,

There is an American soap opera called "Days of Our Lives" and your title reminds me of that. I never watched that TV show, though.

"Soap operas" are just long running stories on TV of people who are (usually) rich and good-looking and up to NO GOOD.

They got to be called "soap operas" because the first advertisers on the shows (years ago) were soap manufacturers! And it stuck.

English is funny, and I'm very glad you are using it, because I can't read Arabic!

I hope the terror stops immediately in your city and country.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Sunshine said...

Dear rosebuds thank you for reading my blog .the eye exercises were of great benefit to improve my vision (from inability to read even when one eye is closed to normal vision) I did two types of exercises the first one is in hospital with (synoptophore ) which is a special device to improve the eyes convergence .
The other exercises I still do it at home is:
Take a pencil and look at it from the distance where you can see it one (not doubled) it depends on your case, and then gradually make it near and near to your eyes and stop when you find it doubled, repeat doing so for 10 times at least, at the beginning we may find it difficult and painful and may cause a headache then gradually you will feel the improvement. When the double image
Start to appear try to converge it, again it is difficult.
The other exercise is that you lock through window to a far object and then lock to a near object using a pen or book. I started to do these two exercises about 80 times per day .you may need to have some tests by your doctor like (Hiss test , convergence test ,and others )
I wish that your eyes will get better, good luck .
Sunshine

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are so big headed, I don't know how people can read your blog, I'll never read your stupid posts again...

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This letter is for Oprah winfrey. I am praying somehow this might reach her. if anyone knows her personally or can get in touch with her, it would mean alot to me. I have a story I would like to share with Oprah. My story is a miracle story and a true one. For a couple of years I have tried so hard to get in touch with Oprah. I have written over 200 hundred letters. I found out later she didn't except letters anymore. I had written over 60 emails. I also called the show. I am sure Oprah doesn't know that the people who answered the phone were really mean to me. I didn't have the chance to explain my story. I am here on the website praying someone out there can help me. I am a kidney patient, and spent 30 yrs on a machine. I wanted to share my story with Oprah because through my story I would like help others. There is alot more to say but I would start crying. It has been a long hard road. Please help me if you can. this isn't a joke. Please leave a message on web if u really can help. Please respond if you can really reach Oprah.

thank you to all who listened to me.

Marilyn M.

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » »

 
At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sunshine,

i read accross the news last week.and it was talking about your blog.im Amalin from Malaysia.and i`m 15 too.

i love your blog .i hope that u will get all what you want.one day.

you can contact me at: kimchi_amalin@hotmail.com

if you want...

bye

 
At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey sunshine,
I read your blog and wanted you to know Oprah can not be your hope. Only the God of the Bible can give you true hope. I am praying you can get a Bible and read the gospel of John first. Oprah misleads many people from God. She is a "good" person, but is misleading many people everyday. Take care.

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sunshine,

My prayers .Someone mentioned Oprah is misleading,THAT IS MEAN.
Sunshine stay focused and one Day you will see the hand of the Lord.
Oprah please plan to visit Rwanda.

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi sunshine....


heres hw to reach oprah...i hope this link helps u...post ur story there dear...Oprah might just get back to u...

http://www.oprah.com/topics/spirit

Go bless.

Luv,

priya(priya3.sai@gmail.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home