Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Sunday, May 08, 2005

My American Relative

Hello friends,
Today I will tell you about my American relative, he is my parents’ uncle ( my parents are cousins ) he lives in America since 1964 , he is a professor civil engineer .he cares a lot about his family in Iraq ,he calls his brothers every Sunday ,he never missed a call if he could . The life in America did not make him forget his family, and as life in Iraq was filled with troubles, I think his care about his family had a great effect on his health, life and his joy with his family.
Once I read an article about an interview with him , he said that he feel half his body fight the other half , because he is half American and half Iraqi, he mentioned how he worried a lot about us during the war when there was no phone connections, and how he suffered and his blood pressure got high ,
He kept trying and trying for long hours to hear any thing to assure him .When I read that, I was very amazed, he is so close to his family in spite of the great distance between him and the family , I think the relatives here don’t care about each other in the way he dose, because they are busy with their life troubles. We wish that we will get a peaceful life to make it possible to put together all family, we really hope to meet our cousins and their children .this is a dream we wish one day would become true .

5 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Blogger Dancewater said...

I hope you get a chance to visit each other soon.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Sunshine said...

thanks, I hope that too.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Dr.Human said...

hi sunshine...how are you ?
I am also from almotmaizat school but in the fourth
i am maas and this is my blog:
http://theflowerofmosul.blogspot.com

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Dalia M. said...

Hello sunshine
Your blog is very nice
I am in ALMOTAMAIZAT school but in Baghdad...
I hope you're doing well in the school...
Dalia

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home