Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Thursday, June 26, 2008

As much as i give, I get ..

Last week, on Wednesday the 18th I woke up in the morning at about 8 feeling uncomfortable because I had asthma attacks at night, and I was taking my breath hardly, we didn't have electricity and the weather was soooooooooo hot , what a pleasant night! it's similar to all summer nights in Iraq! ..
Anyway, I had my breakfast and decided to organize my room, I have tons of copybooks and booklets of different subjects, I had to arrange them so that I can find what I am searching for easily, I was worried because I didn't find a math teacher, and so sad because my friends didn't offer to help, I was thinking with myself, I owe them many favors. one of my friends attended the chemistry class with my help, I called the teacher and he added her to a group just because he knew me and my family, then when I needed her help she let me down.
I was sure that god won't let me down, because I helped my friends and many students I know, and students I don't even know and haven't met before! Few days ago a girl called me saying she's a neighbor of my friend who was with me in primary school and asked for my help!!!, and I didn't say no because I should try and do what I can, that's what my mom taught me. Not to be selfish and know that as much as I give, I get,
Then I decided to make one last effort to find a teacher or group , I called my mom and asked her to ask Dr. O who works with her about the name of the math. teacher that teaches his sister, and if they have a seat for me among the class. he replied " Mr. T is my sister's teacher, and they can add one girl to the group , and they'll attend the first class tomorrow at 3 pm, " I was surprised but my mom asked him to ask the teacher, his sister and her friends first, later at 9 pm he called and said I can join them, I started to jump up and down . Do you believe in miracles ?!!
I went to the teacher's house, not believing what happened! The girls were from a different high school, the Dr's sister (M) became my friend so quickly! She's very friendly, I liked her a lot, beside my new teacher is so good..
Dr. O was really excited because I joined his sister's group , I met him couple of times and he spent 3 days with us when we went for a trip to the north, so he knows me, and he asked my mom if I can spend more time with his sister so encourage her study well and learn how to spend her time wisely, he told my mom he'd love if we ("M" and I ) can be friends because he thinks her friends are "misleading" his sister ..

****************************************************
I attended the first physics' class with a group of girls that I haven't met before, but I couldn't stay any longer, because they didn't know the basics in physics! So I joined M's group with a different teacher, he's also really good..
Today we took our second subject in physics, I arrived M's house early in the morning and then "H" arrived, she was so pale and didn't say a word, we were shocked and asked her what's going on she said " in my way to M's house, I saw two dead men, in the street" I was talking with my other friend and turned quickly saying "what?, were they really dead?" the teacher then arrived and he started to explain the new subject, but "H" couldn't concentrate at all, she was looking at the wall! after an hour, while the teacher was examining us she turned even more pale and started to sweat, she wanted to get up, but she couldn't, I thought she's going to faint, quickly M brought some water and I gave her something sweet to eat, then she washed her face, and started to cry and cry saying "I can't forget the view"… I know how does she feel, I went through the same thing too, and till this moment, the image of the killed man I saw can't leave my mind at all, sometimes I wake up thinking about him, although I don’t know whom he was.
****************************************
The situation is not good in these days, the terrorists are murdering professors and educated citizens with their family members, and I feel so worried because my friends' parents are Dr.s, or professors, and have PHD degrees from England and other countries which makes them targets..
Whenever I feel bored from studying I say to myself "no, I'll study, the terrorists try to make us feel desperate by destroying the electricity and everything makes our life easier so that we don't have desire to study, and they kill the educated people, to make us lose the hope, but I'll study and be something important in the future, no matter what they do" the horrible things they do make me even more determined to study.. Because I don't want them to achieve their goal, and as I always say, they will never win…
Till next time, be safe and keep praying
Sunshine.

17 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger tootie said...

My prayers are with you!!

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger John said...

Dear Sunshine, I'm so proud of you! Please stay safe!

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are very brave, Sweetie. I admire you a lot!

Love,

Bill

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Lela said...

"Be safe and keep praying." Sunshine, the attitude you show in this post is amazing, and if it is the attitude of other young Iraqis, I have renewed hope for the success of your country. You demonstrate care and concern for others, you demonstrate perseverance in the face of hardship, you demonstrate remarkable intelligence, and most of all you demonstrate a strong determination never to let the terrorists win. Thank you for helping me to see that the sacrifices of my children and those serving with them are worth it; for your country as well as for mine.

 
At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine I always look for your blog at least once a week and am very happy to know you and your family are alright. You are right not to let the terrorists rule your life. Hang in there we are always praying to you and your family and friends there in Iraq!
take care, Anna's Mom

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Don Cox said...

I think the terrorists are being defeated, but alas only slowly. And being fanatics, they never give up. Your courage is amazing.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I'm so glad you found a Math class and a new friend. I loved Math when I was little. Hugs and Prayers and best wishes,

your friend,
Rachel

 
At 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eni Sunshine,

Alif Shukur.

Like so mayn other people, I am so very proud of you. I am happy that you found some good classes and have some wonderful friends. Please keep up the good work. You are so great in everything that you do. Everybody admires you.

It has been over 3 years since Aunt Rose introduced us. I appreciate her so very much. I would love to know how Aunt Rose, Uncle Ahmed, cousins Farah and Basma are doing. I haven't heard from them in about 2 years. I hope they are all doing well.

Al Umir Al Taaweel inshalla!!!

Tisbaheen ala kheer.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Ripama said...

Sunshine,

It's great to meet new friends, and YOU are a GREAT friend.

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger cat said...

Hey Sunny!
It's so good to hear that you got into a math class and that you were able to make new friends! My prayers go out to you and your friends and family,
cat

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Captain Jarred Fishman, USAFR said...

Key Iraqi al-Qaeda figure in Mosul killed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/middle_east/7477235.stm

The US military in Iraq says a militant killed on Tuesday has been positively identified as the leader of al-Qaeda in the city of Mosul. It said the man - identified by a pseudonym, Abu Khalaf - had co-ordinated and ordered many attacks. He was shot dead by American troops during a raid on a building in Mosul. US and Iraqi forces have been carrying out an offensive in the city for more than a month, in an attempt to drive out al-Qaeda in Iraq from Mosul.
The city, US and Iraqi officials say, is al-Qaeda's last urban stronghold in Iraq.
Also on Friday, US military officials said the handover to Iraqi control of Anbar province, west of Baghdad, was being postponed.
A statement said the delay was because of forecasts for high winds and dust storms on Saturday, but no new date for the handover was announced.
The postponement came a day after a suicide bomb attack in Anbar, which killed at least 20 people, including a tribal leader and members of a patrol force opposed to al-Qaeda in Iraq.

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sunshine,

I am still praying with you, many times a day!

You are such a brave and wonderful person. Keep up that positive attitude. Glad to hear that you have found a good instructor.

I always look forward to your posts and always remember you, your family and your country in my prayers.

Hope

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh Sunny, please keep the faith and keep studying. No matter what happens, your education is priceless.

I speak as a mother, and I know your mother needs for you desperately to finish. You will go to college here, or in Europe, you have so many friends that will help you. But it is the only way you will assure your own future.

Don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Jhondie said...

I've actually just completed picking my classes for this semester too :) I really have no excuse not to make good grades considering what you are going through. I would feel pretty silly complaining about anything related to school. I wish you the best Sunshine.

 
At 3:35 AM, Blogger RG said...

Sunshine,

Hang tough, times are going to get better and better. That means, even though you have learned English, Arabic, French, etc., when time do get better, you will still need to learn another kind of language.

Iraqi's Pimp Thier Rides

You see, when you are free, and if you like cars, your "automotive artistic" possibilities are limitless.

:-)

But first you must learn the "lingo" (slang) such as:

Iraqi Gear Heads

Hot Rods
Hemi's
Mustang GT Convertable

Oops, your a girl. Well, learn it any way and teach little brother. The time will come when he will "need to know" the lingo!

;-)

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger RG said...

WELL!

I may need to clarify something. Since you are learning new English words, "Pimp" has a really bad meaning but it also has another meaning which is cool and modern and may not be in your dictionary yet, "Making automobiles look flashy by fixing them up."

I realized I better clear THAT up!

:-)

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear miss Sunshine,

No matter how far we are, do remember, our do'a will always be with you. Be strong and believe me, we are PROUD of you! Keep your dream alive and fight for it!

Love,
Zul

 

Post a Comment

<< Home