Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Friday, October 26, 2007

Help Mustafa..

This week our teachers gave us a lot of homework, because our academic year started late, it was postponed for a month because of the bad situation, so our teachers are giving us a lot of homework to finish our books early, we don't know whether we'll have a long curfew or if we won't be able to go to school for long time, no one knows what can happen..
We'll have biology exam on Sunday (wish me luck)..
This year, I am enjoying studying chemistry, our teacher is really good, and kind, my other favorite subjects are English and mathematics.
Our French teacher doesn't explain well AT ALL, I don’t even know which subject are we studying now!!!! she teaches us orally only!! and gave us THREE dialogs in one day, can you imagine that? We usually take a dialog every three or four days.. I am sure my marks in French won't be good, this week I am going to do my homework and re-study the first chapter of physics, I want to take high marks (as usual), and I'll also study some of the subjects we took in French last year, so that I remember them.
**************************
The situation in Mosul is getting worse, this week I heard about so many murders, for people I know or people I heard about..
The strange thing which's happening now is, the terrorists kill the target with his relatives too, like his father, brothers, brothers-in-law, and nephews !!!
And the other strange thing, when someone take an injured person to the hospital the policemen arrest him!! because he may be involved and question them, my friend saw a man full of blood, he was injured in the head and chest dragging himself and no one helped him.
**************************
Last night, I stayed awake, I am suffering from insomnia, there are a lot of things I think about, and most of the days I don't sleep immediately I spend an hour or two laying till I sleep, I walked towards the window and was watching the neighborhood, it was dark (the electricity was off), empty, and scary, like a ghost city, and I started to remember how crowded my neighborhood and it's street were, I am glad I didn’t forget that, anyway I came back to my bed and there was sound of far shelling, after an hour or two, mortars erupted from the neighborhood , and we heard 3 near by explosions..
I went to school hoping I won't fall asleep during the class, as soon as I reached school my friend asked me if we left our house or not, because the terrorists said they are going to bomb the police station (not the one few houses away, there is another police station about 3 streets away), I called my parents, and my relatives who live nearby and asked them to leave the neighborhood, I was really worried about them, the headmistress didn't allow me to keep my cell phone with me, although all of my friends do !! I called my mom again from the school's telephone, there was a VIP in our school at that day, he's very big headed and carry his samsonite whenever he goes! I was asking my mom if they'll leave the house, and he was signing with his hand asking me to hurry up, I didn't give him attention, then he said " hurry up, end your call, and go" oh I really wanted to give him a blow with my fist ..
I called my mom few times, and until now the terrorists didn't bomb the station..
In one of the neighborhoods the terrorists said they'll bomb the police station there, many families left their houses for several days, but then they returned back, they can’t wait forever, after 6 months of waiting the terrorists bombed it..
In my way home today, the street was crowded because of a check point, a meter or maybe less there was a soldier from the national guards standing, suddenly we heard two gun-fire shots, it was a sniper, thank god the bullets hit the ground, the soldier fell, he was really afraid that he didn’t even know how to catch his weapon!! It was scary.
Few days ago, we were in our way to our neighbor's house then a loud nearby explosion happened (it was a mine), my mom bro and I hid near a tree, my other family members were at house and they went out running to see if we are fine, then heavy shooting started and we came home running.
The armed men activities are increasing, they made many signposts saying they'll continue doing their duty..
Let's hope the government will notice and help Mosul, we'll be worse than Baghdad if no one help us..
************************
You remember the young man Mustafa I talked about in my last post, I tried to find an organization can help him but I couldn't, you know the hospitals here are in very bad condition, & very dirty … I keep thinking about him all the time, I hope no one will be in his situation, and no mom will have to worry like Mustafa's mom..
Here's his story:
Few days before Eid, Mustafa's sisters came to help their mom preparing klecha (an Iraqi dessert we make in Eid), their neighbors noticed Mustafa's young niece and asked him to bring her to their house, she is adorable and they love to play with her, so he took the baby to the neighbor's house and came home, his friends across the street waved at him saying hi, and they were talking when the mortar fell and exploded, his sister came out quickly and saw her brother injured badly, she carried him with his entrails out, drove the car and went to the emergency room, it took them more than an hour to reach. Here's his medical report if you can help leave me a comment, or E-mail me on livesstrong92@yahoo.com or Livesstrong92@gmail.com
you can E-mail my mom
affectionatemammy@yahoo.com
Medical report
Name : Mustafa
Age : 15 years old
Date of admission 4/10/2007

This patient had injuries to the chest and abdomen leading to injuries to lungs and liver laparotomy done and we found liver lacerated in 3 pieces suturing to liver done haemo stasis. Diaphragm also injured in 3 areas, suturing of diaphragm done and tube drain put in side abdomen. Chest tube put inside the chest. Then his condition deteriorated in bile drained to the chest and bile appear in sputum.
Thoracotomy done, cleaning of thoracic cavity putting another chest tube and drain through the diaphragm, over the liver through the abdominal wall exit, now drain in abdomen discharge about 250 ml. of bile and chest tube is working.

we also have many other pics for him in the hospital.

Sunshine ...


This post was written on 25/10/2007

43 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger BirdMan said...

Terrible!

AO

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger BirdMan said...

We must discard Weapons!

AO

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger BirdMan said...

No Weapon, No Terror!!!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger BirdMan said...

I can do nothing now!

I hate Weapons!!!

AO

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger BirdMan said...

I can do notrhing now...

I'm sorry!

AO

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger BirdMan said...

USA Have the Most Weapons in The World!!!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Ripama said...

Sunshine, I sent and email to Lt Col Hance who was in Mosul in September I think to see if he can find a way to provide assistance. I also copied a list of news releases about medical assistance in Iraq. Perhaps you or your mother might find some helpful information about who to contact for further assistance.

http://www.mnf-iraq.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category§ionid=1&id=4&Itemid=128

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Ripama said...

Here is the complete link.

http://www.mnf-iraq.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category§ionid=1&id=4&Itemid=128

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Alfredo said...

Sunshine, I learned about you reading the BBC site, I was down to my knees, is impossible from here (Uruguay-South America)to try to understand your country situation.
Just be strong and hold on your believes, good sense and nature will find ways to get better.
Love,

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger BirdMan said...

Sunshine,

I believe in that "Your Strategy is Right", too!


optimism is my strategy always…

Be storong!!!

See you!

AO

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger BirdMan said...

Sunshine,

This is NHK TV's URL.

http://www.nhk.or.jp/english/

Can't you connect this URL?

AO

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger BirdMan said...

Sunshine,

NHK TV'S Site adopts Arabic Language, too!

http://www.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/arabic/index.html

Now they adopts 18 lamguages, Bengali, Brumese, Hindi, Indonesian, Rusian, Swahili, Thai...

AO

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Cass said...

sunshine.
These terrible things that surround you, really break my heart.
I wish there was something i could do,
take you away from all the hurt, hate and suffering.
everything you go through
puts my little worries into perspective
i have problems with insomnia aswell,
i find that hot drinks and music tend to help.
My thoughs are with you always,
stay safe, and stay strong sunshine.
<3 always Cass

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger BirdMan said...

Sunshine,

Strategy, Optimism!

Shahi am Kafoa?

ShockRun, Laki!

AO

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
thanks for sharing that bit about Mustafa. I will pray for him as well. Have faith in the Lord always.
Luv ya,
Cat

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Hina said...

My prayers are with you. This is the best I can do at the moment.

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger jhondie said...

Hello Sunshine....Good luck with finding help for your friend. Umm... some advise, if you hear the whistling sound from a mortar and you are out in the open, your best option is to just lay flat on the ground. Cover the side of your head with your arms. Peace be with you Sunshine. I hope you can wake up from this nightmare soon.

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with Mustafa for his recovery.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Linda G. said...

Oh Sunshine, I long to help you and your family and Mustafa and your country. I am helpless..
I will keep on praying for you all..

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

I just started reading your blog recently. I don't know how you have the time or energy to worry about homework and tests when your world is in turmoil. Stay strong and good luck with that tough French class!

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger BirdMan said...

Sunshie,

Nikkei BP introduced Islamic Economic System.

They say, "Islamic Economic Concept will save Japan".

This is the phenomena that the world will change!

Islamic Concept prohibits "interest".

AO

AO

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger BirdMan said...

I think that the big 3 economic concepts must be amalgamated.

the big 3 economic concepts-

Capitalism, Communism and Islam.

AO

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger BirdMan said...

Capitalism - American Model

Communism - Chainese Model

Islam - Mohammedanism

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Andy Feldman said...

I made my way to your blog through the BBC's link, and I've found your posts riveting. The give a human face to the situation that our government has created in Iraq, and I marvel at the ways that the internet allows people to connect like this across continents.

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you and America loves you, I am so sorry what you have gone through, maybe one day all this madness will end and you can live in peace again.

Trae
New Orleans
USA

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine,

I suppose you have seen this already, but just in case you haven't, part of your blog is on the BBC News at
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/talking_point/7069943.stm

steen

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can't begin to understand what you go through. I live here in America, and as i was reading, it saddened me to think of how a person so young shouldn't have to go through what you are. You should be enjoying being a teenager, not worrying so much. I wish things could be better for you. Know that many people are probably reading this blog across the globe and praying for you. Stay strong, and keep writing. I am sending you many hugs.

Kimberly

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine,
I am a 22 year old unviersity student from Canada, I have been reading your posts for several months now and i always log in and leave messages under different names (I cant be bothered to start my own account) but whenever there is a gap I begin to be afraid for you... I am afraid that soemthing like what happened to Mustafa or worse will happen to you... you are really the sunshine in my day your words bring so much hope. I am praying for you. I hope you are well and alive and not afraid. Be well and livestrong friend.... from my heart to yours I send you peace and joy. God bless
- Heather -

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine, sweetie, is everything ok?
Are you all right? How is your mom doing? Is everyone all right?

You got me real worried for all of you.

Please, take good care of yourself and stay strong.

Be safe.

We all love you and pray for you.

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Precious Sunshine:
I admire you so much.you are an example to all of us, a young lady so altruist and corageous, such an inelligent and faithful person. Your parents must be so proud of you. I am so sorry; I feel very bad for the situation you and your whole country are in. I cannot do anything, but offer you my love and prayers. When you are feeling down, sing, sing to the Almighty One, praise Him. He promised a paradise, not to far away to those who obey him, who do his will. I apologize for the so called "christians" who have hurt you. We should love one another, not make war. But God is the only one that can truly and permanently bring peace for the world. He promised a beautiful new world, a paradise. Stay strong, stay safe and keep on praying. When you go to sleep think of this and visualize PEACE and LOVE, visualize a place that makes you happy and calm. God be with you and bless you and your family. I wish you could answer me.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Taylor said...

I can't believe this is even reality.

 
At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's reality all right. A man-made hell - done, as all wars and occupations are done, for profit.

 
At 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine,
The story of Mustafa is so awful. I hope he is able to get the help he needs from someone.
I wish you and your family well.
O.Jeff

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger BirdMan said...

Sunshine,

You are like Mathilda in the Movie-Leon.

ShockRun, Laki! Sunshine!

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger BirdMan said...

You are storong!

Take care!

AO

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger John said...

Dear Sunshine,

About Mustafa, I asked a friend of mine in the United Emirates for advice and he suggested writing to the Red Crescent there (http://www.rcuae.ae).

I am praying for you and your mom and hoping she will feel better soon.

Keep shining -- in the dark that is when they need the light most

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger John said...

Still thinking of you and your mom, Sunshine. I have confidence she will be OK so long as she gets some rest. I have asked some people to pray for your family and I will be praying too. "Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
how are you doing? Has Mustafa's condition improved? I hope he gets all the way better and I hope to hear from you soon!,
Cat
P.S. Tomorrow is Veteran's Day in the U.S. If you know any soldiers in the area could you thank them for their service? I know that can be really hard, but try to overcome hard feelings with love, but I'm sure that would just light up that soldier's day.
luv ya!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you are ok. I have a friend from high school coming over soon. I'm worried for her, and also for you. Stay safe my little friend.

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Sunshine!

Long time no see...
I miss you.

Hope you're all right. How is your mom doing?

Is Mustafa's condition improving? Have you managed to find someone to help him?

Hope your mom will start feeling better soon. Take care of her.

... and take real good care of yourself.

Be strong, as you are... stay safe... and never lose your faith and hope.


You and your family are always in my thoughts and my prayers.



Love,
Penelope

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since we haven't heard from you in awhile I hope everything is ok with you and your mother.

 
At 2:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best wishes for you biology test

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger BirdMan said...

Economy and Ecology

Economy is a kind of number - mathematics, but Ecology is a kind of logos and pathos.

Mathematics is not always real. But Logos and Pathos are real?

AO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home