Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Friday, August 05, 2005

Wasn't fun ....

Last Sunday we went to our relative’s house, I was sooo excited because I didn’t see them since a year and a half, yes, year and half.!!!
Anyway, that day was like (eed) festivity, I wore my best clothes & got ready before my family (I told you I was so excited!).
We persuaded my grandma to come with us, she kept praying all way long.
Previously, women used to talk about the kids, the housework, fashion & shopping. While men talk about politic subjects, their work & cars. I get bored with both. However, that was in the past, now men & women talk about the bad situation, their bad scary experiences& their losses.
All the talk was about who was killed & who was abducted …….
When the host said listen to this story about D. family, one of the guests said:
-oh, my God.
-Do you know this story?
- No.
-why did you say oh my god? It could be something good.
- I don’t know.
That was the only funny story we laughed at.
You can see the people now, expect bad things all the time, & they became pessimist.
When I reached home, I said to my grandpa, now I know every one who was killed & abducted.
Moreover, I said to my mom, that staying home is more fun.
However, it’s important to see people, even if the talk was prosaic (so baffler)!
Yesterday we went to another relative’s house, they have a graduation occasion. H. (the daughter who graduated) became a pharmacist. I wish that her father were still a live, to share her her success & happiness. The terrorists murdered her father few months ago.(I know I know you want to hear the whole story ).
My mom will write about that…...
Keep waiting her post…
Sunshine…

14 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Hi Sunshine,

a few posts back you talked about listing to a Julio cd...could you please give me the title to that.

I want to check it out ;o)

 
At 5:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray everday that things will get better in Iraq and in Afghanistan. I can only imagine what it must be like to live in that kind of danger. I imagine you don't know if the soldiers or terrorists are worse. Just keep your head up and be careful. And we will keep praying for you.
Jennifer

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger programmer craig said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger A. Damluji said...

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst" was what a friend told me years ago. I dont know why i kept that in mind, forgetting almost everything else.

nice frog pic tho.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger In His Steps said...

I can only pray that things will change for you and your country Sunshine. Be blessed and stay safe. Kim

 
At 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Dallas, TX a big cowboy howdee!!

Dallas, TX

You have friends from around the world standing by you and things will get better if you stay strong!

You have a long, long life ahead of you to dream about so keep studying hard and always be the good person are now!

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Jack B. said...

You are obviously a strong girl with a tight and loving family, Sunshine. As long as you them that nothing can destroy you. Some people don't even have that. Stay safe the best you can.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger thad lucken said...

you hang tough kid!its great tohear from the kids like you because it just reminds me how important the liberation really is to the world.
stay positive and don't believe the hype. I will everything I can to make sure that Iraq stays free and that the terrorists are defeated. It'll take some time but its going to happen sooner than you think. Stay safe and know that we care about you Sunshine!

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger A. Damluji said...

cheers!

hey, u still have your copy of Dawood Farhan's Country Up, Country Down??

I love that book.. read it about 200 times already, and still i laugh everytime i read it like its the first!

salam and cheers again.

 
At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sunshine - I am enjoying reading your blog and learning about your life. I live in the United States and we hope so much that your lives will get better now that Sadaam Hussein is gone. I know that your life is still very hard now. I hope that gets better very soon. Do you know who Helen Keller was? She was a woman who was blind and deaf from childhood and had a very difficult life and always had a difficult life, although not in the same way yours is!. She once said: "Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it". I hope you and your family continue to overcome the difficulties you have to live with now. Keep writing too and do not worry about mistakes (like "shear" for "share"). No one can learn without mistakes! Do you mind if we, kindly of course, correct you if that happens again? I hope this was a good day for you!

 
At 4:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine, I am glad to see that you are still writing. Please stay safe.

 
At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sunshine,
I think this is my 1st. comment. I read this whole page. Sounds like you are growing up to be a lovely young lady. I'm enjoying your blog.

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» » »

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home