Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Friday, July 29, 2005

Aphorisms..

I like to read a lot, among the things I like to read are the aphorisms.
-I believe in the aphorism that says:
A man can do not more than he can.
This aphorism came from 1530. it appeared as ( no man can do above his power ) , in 1594 this aphorism was mentioned as ( men can do no more than they can do ) , since 1670 until now it is mentioned as( A man can do not more than he can ).
-The other aphorism I believe in ,says:
Laugh, and the world laugh with you; weep and you will weep alone.
I hate to be alone so I will keep laughing!.
-The other one says:
Never too old to learn.
This aphorism is Romanian, the first one who said this aphorism in English ,was the American dramatist ( Tomas Middleton) in 1627, & there is another account for this aphorism says ( never too later to learn ) , analog in Arabic ( get learn from the cradle to the tomb).
-The other aphorism says:
(Actions speak louder than words).
This aphorism came from 1628, it was mentioned in this form (actions are more precious than words).
The last aphorism says:
(Believe not all that you see nor half what you hear)
This aphorism came from 1205.
In 1853 it was mentioned in this form (believe only half of what you see, and nothing that you hear),it’s analog in Arabic ( hear & don’t believe ).
The aphorisms are so many , I picked up some of them to share it with you .
Stay safe & be wise..
Sunshine…

2 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Jack B. said...

Wow. You sure do know a lot about the history of aphorisms! I had heard some of these saying but I didn't know where they came from.

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! boating in england Solucion para el acne Shakespere fishing rods roulette online eric johnson state farm insurance ny gmac car loan 300 disc dvd player Is a pda handy for traveling Jenna jameson at the beach

 

Post a Comment

<< Home