Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Monday, August 15, 2005

Tourists, you are so lucky...

Hello friends , nice to write for you a gain after a long time of absence .
I noticed that many families are traveling for touring , to Syria , Jordan , Lebanon, Turkey , Egypt, etc . I had never traveled to anywhere , but I think it is very nice to see how the people live , their habitudes , & their culture . it is very nice to show them how we live, & give them a lovely impression about us.
My father's cousin ,( she is in my age) went to Syria, Jordan & Egypt last summer holiday . when she came back I was so excited to know the important places & their cultures. she told me that she took a lot of photos , anyway when I saw them I was amazed ( only her pictures were apparent in the photos) I wanted to see the pyramids for example , the sea , but not her face or clothes !!! .
My mom had traveled with her family when she was a child to the Denmark & Germany, & she always tell me about her father's trips . & how my grandparents traveled round the world .At least I am lucky to have someone briefing me about the other countries…
In every time I see a report , a show or read a book about a country , I become more excited & more resolved to travel.
Last year we went to the northern part of Iraq .I had fun.
It was the first time I see the waterfall , that was so beautiful , I liked the sound of the waterfall , in a very quiet nature .
Although it took us only 35 minutes to arrive Duhook , but my father don’t like journeys , I only went there 3 times !! every time I ask him to go to a picnic in the holidays, he become angry & refuse . I can't persuade him , all what can I do is to hope that one day I can travel round the world !.
Enjoy your life …..
Sunshine ….

8 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will come. Travel is a wonderful experience and a gateway to other worlds.
starliz

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Combat Doc said...

I loved travelling even though all my real travels have been with the military. I have been to a dozen countries and travel s the one thing I would do constantly if I had the money.

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to travel too. The only other country I've been to is Canada though. I really want to go to another country soon. I'm not sure which I would want to go to though. Probably somewhere in Europe first.

 
At 4:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine, I enjoy your posts so very much. I hope that some day you will be able to travel to many places in our world. I have been to many countries in Europe, America and Asia. The one thing you will find in every country is a lot of wonderful and caring people. There are a few bad ones everywhere but the vast majority are fantastically good.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger programmer craig said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger . said...

"all what can I do is to hope that one day I can travel round the world !."

You and me, both! :) Sounds like we're kindred spirits, Sunshine.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Jack B. said...

Sunshine, I know exactly how you feel. I've always wanted to see the world too. But sadly I've rarely left New York and as big as New York City is (sometimes it seems like a world of its own) I dream of visiting Paris or London or Mongolia or Jerusalem or South America. Hopefully one day I will see one of the places...and hopefully one day you'll get to travel too.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger In His Steps said...

I didn't travel anywhere until I was in my late twenties Sunshine. So there is still time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home