Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Chaotic life ....

Few days ago, my grandma's nephew came and went with grandma to a friend's house which is in our neighborhood, because my relative want to propose to their daughter, they were driving in the street when HEAVY shooting started. I don't know what happened or who was shooting whom?! we heard shooting then explosion, it was very much near by.
After the shooting stopped grandma came home with pallid face.
We were planning to have Kabab on al Futur with Noom Basra juice, I asked her if I can help with preparing kabab and grandma agreed. It seemed like a normal day. My mom and I cleaned the house (Eid is coming, and we started to prepare the house to receive guests), the house looked very organized and clean.
I was thinking about Eid, my new clothes, & klecha (an Iraqi dessert we make in Eid), I want to make Klecha this Eid, because I want to see the Iraqi spirit of Eid, I love when the neighbors and relatives exchange klecha. it is very nice when grandma put the dishes on the table and say "this one is from your uncle A, and this one is from our neighbor…. "
In the afternoon my dad was watching news, my sister was in my grandparent's bedroom watching cartoon, my mom, brother, & grandparents were asleep, and as usual I was working on the computer, checking Iraq the Model's blog!! And Last of Iraqis.
BOOM, the window near the computer was broken as well as many other windows, smoke and dust filled the room, my dad and I went to see if everybody is ok.
My mom and brother were ok, but I heard my sister screaming and yelling, I ran downstairs and she was hugging my grandpa crying.. she got panicked but not injured.
Mariam was sitting on a chair near the window watching TV. When a big window fell on her and broke, there is not any scratch in her body which is a miracle.
she hugged me shaking and terrified, I cleaned a small space from the glass and asked her to sit down and relax while I bring her slipper.
I took pics for the house, my dad and grandma were checking the damages that occurred to our house ..
I didn't remember where was I, when a HUGE explosion happened (I lost my memory!!!!), maybe I forgot from the shock .. I remembered after 4 days, I was in my grandparents room when the second explosion happened, the sound was unbelievable, earsplitting, I felt like there was also a quake.
Mariam started to cry and scream again, I was trying to reach the living room, I couldn't see anything because of the sand and smoke, I kept sneezing and coughing (I have asthma and allergy).
I carried my 10 years old sister who was unable to walk, and ran to the corridor to hide from the horrendous shooting and avoid the bullets.
**************************
The terrorists bombed a car few meters away from the house, then
After 5 minutes, a tank and 2 car bombs exploded, destroying the neighborhood, killing and injuring many innocents..
My injured neighbors went walking to the hospital which is about 2 kilometers away, because of the closed roads.
Helicopters kept flying, the neighborhood was surrounded, then an ambulance came and took the other injured neighbors who can't walk, 3 houses fall, killing their families, the damage in the neighborhood is unbelievable, I don't know exactly how many died but a doctor in the hospital said about 60 citizen injured as a first statistic. (no channel mentioned that).
We fixed the windows and doors, thank god we are all safe, the material things are not important, but it hurts me when I see my house damaged, and my family members exhausted.
we fixed our doors and windows a month ago! We can't fix the house every month! The situation is unbearable, I heard in TV. That our city is the second dangerous city in Iraq, after Baghdad.
At that day I was really tired and sick ,I had bad flu, after I inhaled the dust and smoke I could hardly take a breath.
At 6:30 pm grandma said "we have nothing to eat! I didn't prepare anything" so quickly I made very simple food (eggs and meat).
My mom was tired, fasting and cleaning, suddenly she fainted (hypoglycemia I think).
I am so thankful we are alive, god is protecting us because of our prayers, your prayers and our good deeds ..

my sister mariam

Th terrorists are like cancer everyday they increase in size and yet no one can vanquish them. they kill innocents in the name of a sect or religion while they don't belong to any. they are only pretenders who don't have ethics, believes, nor humanity .
they try to disperse us, and make us live in fear & danger, they want us to be hopeless, everyday many explosions happen, many innocents get killed and many Iraqis get kidnapped, there are more than 5 millions orphans in Iraq, and so many widows, my friend and I counted 12 car bombs in 48 hours, in one of the sides of the city, we didn't count the mines, nor how many times we heard shooting (they are so many to number).
Many times I say the terrorists won't succeed, evil don't win, but I sometimes feel they are achieving their goal. Two days ago a car bomb exploded near the gate of the university in Mousl, students and professors were killed for no reason, what was their guilt? Those young men and young women lost their lives, and no one care, the government don't care about our safety.
I am 15 years old, and if I was a president I could do so much more.
My mom's aunt live in the most dangerous part in Baghdad, she said " when the militias threaten the Sunnis, we hide in our Shiites neighbors' houses, and when the militias threaten the Shiites they come and hide in our houses"

Eid is coming, and I don't feel happy nor excited...
Eid Sa'ed to everyone.
Eid Mubarak to all of the Iraqis, may peace come to Iraq soon..
Sunshine

47 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger soleil m said...

i hope u & ur family are doing good there instead of those chaotic days u guys have to bear with..

We, muslims in Malaysia will always pray for our sisters & brothers in Iraq.. Amin..

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wish your family and all Iraqi families peace and and end to this horrible war. Nice to hear how neighbours protect each other from the sectarianism

Rest in piece to the victim who were killed in the attacks.

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Sunshine
You are truly living in terror. Now I know the real meaning of terror. This is a disaster for Iraq.
Bush and Blair's invasion made this disaster, but what is wrong with people? Why are so many people killing so many people?

 
At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is terrible. May your God protect you all.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I am glad you and your family are OK sunshine. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I wish there was more that I could do to help my Iraqi brothers but it is the best I can manage. God bless you!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My prayers are with you and your family Sunshine.

I can tell from reading your blogs over the last few years that this terrorism is wearing on you. I wish there was more I could do.

- Kelly

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger PolarBZ said...

Sunshine,
I am glad you and your family are ok. I hope that things calm down and your people are able to take back their country from the terrorists. The future is in your hands.

 
At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sunshine;
Hope for a more peacefull future for you , your family and your country.
And I do enjoy seeing the pictures of your feast and of you and your family having fun while on the fishing trip.
Peace from X Y Z
P S
And Hi to Mom and Father too

 
At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that after we die we find out how many times our Guardian Angels protected us from certain death.

I know many are praying for you and your families safety,and I think an angel is on your shoulder.

Have Faith that this war,like all others will end. And God willing not too much longer!

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger Jules said...

Hi sunshine, I´m glad your family is ok in spite of all the attacks. I have translated your story into Spanish in my blog, so people here in Colombia can read about what you are going through, many of whom probably have lived through similar experiences.

Here is the article.

 
At 3:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dear One,

I am so very sorry that your celebrations are being clouded with such horror and stupidity. I am just overwhelmed by the terrorist mentality. To intend harm and fear onto another living soul is beyond my understanding. I only hope and pray that your kind heart and love within your family allow you to have somewhat of an enjoyable Eid. My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Be safe, Dear One

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger jhondie said...

Thank God you and your family are safe.

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'd just like to say the U.S government was responsible for 9/11, a staged attack for a reason to go to war with your country. Their main plan is to destabilize your country, and take the oil supplies.

Most American people are oblivious to this.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Ripama said...

Sunshine,

I'm 59 years old. In my entire lifetime I have never experienced anything that compares to what you and your family experienced within a heartbeat.

All I can do is give praise to you for your courage, patriotism and perseverence.

Your family also deserves praise for allowing the rest of the world to look into their lives.

Live strong.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger D. Marco Funk said...

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear, you are so strong to bear all of this. but i guess it is what happens in war

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for writing amidst all this chaos and destruction. Please be careful. May HE safeguard you and your family from all calamities and troubles.

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sunshine,
I found your blog several days ago, and have spent many hours reading your posts.
I am an American, and I am sure I am not the first one to tell you how deeply, deeply it hurts me to consider the role my government has had in the terrible things you are experiencing. I very impressed and thankful that you recognize that there are good and bad, wise and ignorant people in every country and in every religion. You are a good and wise person. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Bless your efforts to be optimistic in this horrible situation. Peace, Ann

 
At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is amazing that you can live in the middle of this war zone. lets hope the terrorists die off quickly and things return to normal. why did theh have to get rid of Saddam. it seems it was so more better then, and all the lies that he also terrorised people. maybe he has a son who can take over and return things like they were before.

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger John said...

We're still praying for you Sunshine. I'm sorry you've been having such harsh times. I'm glad that you still are able to keep your courage and spirit.

 
At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon @ 6:28

Man, take your medication. All it would have taken to "stage" an attack, for a reason to to war, was to fly a Cessna into a McDonalds in Hobokan. Plant pieces of an Iraqi @ the crash scene. You are delusional!!!

I think you are oblivious to reality.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Tom - ex RA said...

To Anon @2:41

Terrorists don't die off (what, from old age?) - They are captured or killed!

"Maybe he has a son who can take over" uhhhh...where have you been?
He had 2 sons & they both "died off" - I think they exploded.

Maybe you ought to read up a little on the way it was during Saddam, before you'd like to return things the way they were.

 
At 6:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
That surely was a miracle that none of you were hurt during those explosions. God is watching out for you, he has great plans for you. Jeremiah 29:11. Keep up the good work!
Cat

 
At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man!
you guys have great comments. I totally agree with you tom ex ra. Things won't return to normal till all those guys are "blown up".

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Tom - ex RA said...

ebxiTo Sunshine & CAT:

I think those explosions were at a courthouse under construction. This was all I could find:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/27/world/middleeast/27iraq.html?_r=1&ref=middleeast&oref=slogin

In Mosul, a Sunni town north of Baghdad, car and truck bombers took to the streets and struck targets before a curfew was imposed at 1:30 p.m., a local police official said. One of the bombers drove a truck into the construction site for a courthouse and detonated his explosives, killing at least three people and wounding about 40, the American military said.

ex-ra Tom in Texas

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Tom - ex RA said...

To Sunshine:

A lot of alQ terrorists were killed or captured in Fulujah, Ramadi, Baqubah, and other cities.

Unfortunately, some got away. Even more unfortunately, they headed north to Mosul (and Tikrit, and other cities).

They will have to be rooted out by the military. While they do, keep your head down & stay safe.

ex-ra Tom in Texas

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger INFINITE said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Hazar Nesimi said...

Have Happy Eid nevertheless despite it all, stay healthy, dont loose you stamina. I pity these unbelievers, ready to kill mindlessly, they dont seem to have any life. Have they no mothers and fathers?. I pray for you and for Iraq...

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Gretchen said...

Your story is heartbreaking. You are the same age as my daughter and I can't imagine her writing the same words on her blog.

Be well.

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

i think you have a ministry like the Psalmist

 
At 4:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!
Here is another beautiful verse that i find comforting, Psalm 121.
I lift up mine eyes to the hills-
where does my help come from?
my help comes for the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip-
he who watches over you will not slumber, indeed, he who watches over us will neither slumber nor sleep.
The lord watches over you-
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day nor the moon by night.
THE LORD WILL KEEP YOU FROM ALL HARM, HE WILL WATCH OVER YOUR LIFE;
THE LORD WILL WATCH OVER YOUR COMING AND GOING BOTH NOW AND FOREVER MORE.

 
At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine
From the pictures it's obvious you have a home as lovely as you are. When the fighting slows, even before it fully stops all the outside repairs to it can be made; repairs to you and your families spirt can be more difficult so try not to let them get too far down.

Windows are one of the signs of a community's state: intact windows show stablity, broken windows conflict, windows being replaced show hope & confidence.

 
At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello Sunshine!
it's me Rhiannon in London. i wrote to you before, but a long time ago. I'm so sorry to hear that you came so close to the explosion this time, but so glad your family are ok, it's true God must be looking after you.
i hope SOO much that things will get better for all the Iraqi people, i think about you all quite often. I hope that the rest of Eid is better.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Marshmallow26 said...

Oh my dear sunshine,

How many times you have to fix the house!! Not to mention the fear and horrible feelings that you get...

God please, watch over Sunny and her family and keep them from every harmful attack..
Amen

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Santa Rosa New School Aikido said...

Dear Sunshine: Eid Mubarak to you and your dear family. I am holding you and yours in my thoughts. May Peace be upon Iraq.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Linda G. said...

Sunshine, I am still praying every day for the safety of you and your family, your neighbors, and your country and will continue to do so...
I long to do more, but don't know what to do...

 
At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you married? I am a Muslim American and I may be interested. Please email me.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Antonio said...

Sunshine, I came upon your blog through a link called "Iraqi Blogs" in Firefox's Latest Headlines. I usually don't look at the news, but today I'm glad I did. In one of your comments you mention that the best thing we can do to help is pray for you and for a peaceful Iraq again. Well, I just wanted to tell you that I did. Deeply, sincerely, I asked God to make the violence end and the terrorists fade away. I really hope that the people who do this realize the pain and suffering they cause, and choose to cease their violent acts. I hope they realize that not even their own beliefs are more important that peoples' lives.

On a more personal level, I wish you and the people dear to you stay safe, united, and hopeful as this awful period passes. And I'm glad you're writing - posts such as yours make people take notice of, and remember, what's REALLY going on. Keep it up! :)

And please keep posting. It'll give me, and I'm sure many other readers from the whole world too, relief and hope to keep on praying for you.

May God bless Iraq.

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger flyfarflywide said...

I'm so sorry that all this is happening. I wish so much that I could make it stop. I don't know what I can do. You're in my prayers. Iraq is in my prayers. And I hope to God that this gets better soon, very soon.

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sunny. I owe you, Marsh and others many thanks. Through very difficult times, through your blogs you have helped bring people together. It only strengthens my wish to see terrorism defeated, and peace and properity come to Iraq and other places. I work at a college now, and hear people gripe about many things. Things that really aren't very important. It always makes me think of you and what you're going through. People don't seem to appreciate what they have until they lose it. Stay strong Sunny, keep the faith.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Highlander said...

Eid Mabrouk and inshallah Peace next year . Your sister in Libya.

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger ViewedThroughPrada said...

Hello Sunshine!

I'm a new reader here. I have so many thoughts after reading many of your entries (I'll continue to read your archives).

You are absolutely AMAZING, INSPIRATIONAL, BRIGHT, COURAGEOUS and many, many other things to me (and others).

I'm a 22 year old from Houston, TX; I come from a wealthy family and when I'm reading your blog... I think about how when I was your age and what my main worries were. Things such as getting a brand new car for my 18th birthday, getting a driver's license, having the latest trends in fashion, etc etc. Very materialistic things. I think most 15 year olds I've ever known personally were like me. The experiences you are sharing with me are something I couldn't ever comprehend as daily life. And even though you're living in terror you have a glow to you. You're a positive and sweet soul. You've truly touched me, Sunshine.

How are you doing now? I'm anxious to read a new entry from you. I hope you and your family are doing well. You'r great. :)

I'll be checking your blog often.

Your new friend,
Monica Aka Moni

PS Your English is fantastic! I'm quite impressed by you, lady. :)

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger ViewedThroughPrada said...

*16th birthday

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger edyan7 said...

Salam dear sis,

I apologize for not visiting your blog for quite some time... I feel terribly sad of what happen and hope the very best for you and your family... we as muslims in this tiny world has each other to rely on...

Eid Mubarak...

Yan

 
At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw you say in this blog that if you were President "You could do so much more." I have no doubt that you could. Maybe in the future you will be the President and do what your country and the whole region really need. Instead of the leaders that are in power now, both in Iraq and in other parts of the world there could be that ray of sunshine come through and make things in this world right. I bet you could do it.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger benny said...

Thank you, Sunshine, for writing this blog and telling us what it is like from inside Iraq. I am an Australian, and am so ashamed of the decisions made by the government we elected. I had not discovered your blog until today, but I assure you I was already thinking of your people when I voted in the Australian election last week. I only hope that we might somehow find your forgiveness and find a way to help clean up the mess we've created.
I will be praying for you.
Ben

P.S. I agree with anon from 12:36 (just above me). If I could, I would vote for you!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger John Chappell said...

Wishing you well!

you have been tagged at Latentprints Share in the fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home