Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Thursday, August 02, 2007

A week full of events ..........

We won the AFC Asian Cup, we did it , wow , what a happiness , I can’t describe how do I feel , not because of the game only , but because this cup and those 11 players gathered the Iraqis again , while the politicians couldn’t do that , shame on them (they didn’t work hard to re-built Iraq , actually they are causing the chaos while fighting each other).
Mama talked with Rose , she said while she was in Syria and the Iraqi team won against Korea , the Iraqis celebrated in Syria , and she’ll send me the pics (I’ll ask for her permission to publish the pics in my blog , so keep waiting ) and on Tuesday , the Iraqis gathered and celebrated in Dubai , near a lake , I saw the celebration alive , it was gorgeous...
I was watching TV. And saw the Iraqis , men and women , children and adults , from different cities , religions ,and castes celebrating , in Iraq (although there’s a curfew!), London , Jordan , Egypt , and many in many countries , it made my eyes fill with tears , and I felt a strong feeling , we (the Iraqis) are with each other, care and love each other . An Iraqi woman live in London said “ the player who achieved a goal was Iraq , not Sunni nor Shiites) the players are from different cities , and castes , together they make a great team , just like all the Iraqi citizens.
now , the Iraqi flag is in everywhere round the world, the Iraqi team made the impossible possible , and won , despite of everything , Hawar lost his mother , and another player (I think Younis who brought the winning goal) lost 2 of his brothers in Baghdad. While another player lost his sister’s husband ...
Congratulations to all the Iraqis , and the Iraqi team , my Iraq be peaceful and we can celebrate day and night , together , no matter what is our religions or castes , we are all Iraqis , and Iraq is in our blood and soul .. may all the expatriates come back to Iraq , to their homeland again , I am so anxious to that day .. I feel it will come ..
the iraqis in germany celebrating the iraqi team's winning.










the iraqis in London celebrating the Iraq team's winning



the Iraqis in Syria celebrating the Iraqi team's winning
the Iraqis in Iraq celebrating the Iraqi team's winning

the national guards in Iraq celebrating the Iraqi team's winning

the Iraqis in Sweden celebrating the Iraqi team's winning ..


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sak-xZ4WtI
we won the football match but the terrorists didn’t want us to feel happy , so they bombed many places in Baghdad and other cities , even a hospital !, in Mosul , they bombed a stadium, but they won’t stop our celebration , whether they like or not , we’ll celebrate .. my neighbor had very big family meeting in their house, all of the uncles and aunts came with their families (she has 26 uncles hehe, her grandpa had married two women!!!!!!! and all of them live in one neighborhood) she invited me , but I felt too shy to go.
About three weeks ago I went to my friend’s birthday , I didn’t see “T” for more than 3 years . we are in different schools , but we are very close friends
Getting the agreement from dad wasn’t easy at all , first he said “ NO , you won’t go, don’t talk about that anymore , that’s my final decision “ then he changed his mind.
The party started at 4 pm , but I went at 4:45 pm , and stayed there until 7:30 , I had the best time ever . there was about 30 guests one of them was Baghdadi live near my grandparents house (she had to leave because of the bad situation).
My friend T had changed a lot , as well as her sisters , they look gorgeous, we had a great time , we kept dancing & laughing , we talked a lot , oh, I spent the best time.
We were invited to my dad cousin’s Nishan party on Friday ( a party when the groom give his fiancée golden jewelries as a present ) , the bride’s side in a room and the groom’s side in another room hehe (because their house is small) ! However , my father’s aunt called me and said “ No , Sunny , you sit with the groom’s relatives , I know you like parties” hehehe the other girls felt jealous.. (well I don’t know , maybe aunt love me so much that she chose me to represent the bride’s side!!).
It was a good week , my headmistress called me she said her nephew is sick , and the king Abdullah offered to pay for his curing in UAE , but the problem is his dad don’t have money to travel , so my family and I collected money for her , she came with her daughter , Mohammad and his dad , we collected about 780 $ (975,000 Dinar)..
I am teaching a girl in a near by neighborhood we were in the same primary school (she still remember me!!!) I was in the fifth class when she was in the 1st .. she came to my house couple of weeks a go and asked me to teach her as she want to pass the intelligence examination ..
My relative had an operation , and she is doing ok now . they live nearby so I go there a lot , few days ago , I went there and I was surprised , I saw my friend and far relative there , Hamsa and I didn’t see each other since her dad was murdered (he was shot to death , inside his house) may god help her to deal with his death , he was a great man and had a great sense of humor, she is doing ok , but her brother is still in shock (he is 20 years old ) , he doesn’t study ,and fail in school I hope he’ll pass this year, he received a huge responsibility to take care of his mother , granny , and two sisters, he changed a lot, this nice guy who used to joke and laugh , is depressed now and doesn’t’ care about his future.
**************************
grandpa was in his work , at about 12:00 noon , he went with his work partners to a building under construction (you know , grandpa is a civil engineer) the policemen surrounded them and started to shoot at them!! and shouting “ we found the terrorists, , there is a woman among them and they have 3 cars” my grandpa’s friend who is a judge went outside the building to tell them that it is a mistake they are not terrorists, and they started to shoot again toward him ,” S”was a female engineer were with them, she was panicked and couldn’t stand on her feet .. they remained inside the building until the policemen came , and the policemen got shocked , to see old men and one woman , they didn’t look like terrorists .. a policeman said “ oh . we were attacked, and the terrorists had cars similar to yours” , they didn’t even apologize !! they were about to kill 8 innocent citizens!! What an adventure, you don’t know what can happen to you in Iraq!
……………………..
-My neighbor was released after he stayed in the jail for 2 weeks (without any reason he was taken from his store).. I was watching charmed , and I heard noise in the street , I looked from the window and saw my neighbors gathering around their brother , allocating chocolate and the other neighbors walking toward their house to congratulate them . it was about 9:30 pm..
…………..
A friend of mine called me , we didn’t call each other for a week , she was in her uncle’s house , she said her dad’s cousin was killed , and his daughter and wife are in the hospital , a mine exploded while they were driving home at 7 pm , after they had big family meeting , may god bless his soul.
……………….
“R” went to Bahsheeka and spent few days with her uncle , she is having a good time in the holiday , she work on her computer as well are her 5 sisters and brothers , watch Tv. And read books. She is a wonderful friend , I am so glad to see her dealing better with her father and relatives’ death , it has been very hard year for both of us , when she is hurt , I am hurt too .. but now, I feel so much relief because her smile returned to her face..
Grandma was chatting with mama few days ago and talked what happened in their neighborhood .. she said “ as you know , the policemen are staying in our apartment".
my grandparent have 2 houses and an apartment side by side , they stay in my grandparent’s apartment 24/7 and my grandparents can’t do anything , they invited my relative to live in the other house , so the policemen don’t take it too (it makes me really angry in Iraq , if someone took your house , you can’t do anything , because we don’t have good government , like in Mosul grandma have 4 houses , we live in one, but 3 families are staying in our three houses, and pay us 30$ a month !! and we can’t kick them out ) ! anyway she continued “in the after noon , a young boy was standing in front of our house , and 3 lorries passed by, one of them stopped to ask for a direction , and that young boy shouted at the policemen “those men killed my brother in Saidia street , those are my brother’s furniture , “ he kept crying , screaming , and pointing at his brother’s murderer the policemen surrounded the three lorries which were full of men , women and many stuff” they were staying in my grandparents neighbors, they found an empty house ,it’s owners left Iraq”……….
What an accident , that 13 years old boy was able to remember the terrorists who killed his brother (they asked him later , it appears he was there when they killed his brother ) , beside that boy live in the other side from Baghdad, wow ,that is god’s justice …
…………………………
My grandpa was in his work , and he heard a young engineer talking " my brother is a young man , he was playing football with his friends and neighbors , a car stopped and they called him , he went running , he thought they were asking for a direction or so , the car was full of men , they asked him not to wear his short anymore! He was surprised and said " what? , why ? " , they said “do not discuss , this time we won’t kill you , but next time we see you wearing a short , we’ll ""…
It happened in Baghdad, and now the terrorists are doing the same in Mosul , they kill or threatens the guys and girls who don’t wear “what the terrorists want”..
my friend Dua'a was talking to me about the bad situation in Baghdad she said
"my cousin interested in fashion and want to look handsome , he had a long hair reaches his shoulders , he use the hair-dryer before he go out , he has a goatee , I mean he is very stylish , while he was walking in the street ,a group of terrorists caught him , they kept beating him , they told him to shave his goatee , cut his hair , and not to wear necklaces and wristlet , they ordered him to wear another trousers , not jeans nor any tide or short trousers , to change his shirt and wear another one cover his chest and it shouldn’t be tide , and told him he should be thankful because they didn’t murder him“….
after few weeks he shaved , cut his hair , wore the required clothes and went out to buy few things , and guess what other terrorists beat him and said “ Men shouldn’t shave “ poor guy , he didn’t leave his house for months and now, he went to Syria !!! unimaginable things is happening in Iraq..
It has been a messy week , full of events , some were good , some were bad, in addition to tragic events mentioned in the media...
I’ll give my neighbor ” A” lessons about using internet , he called me and said “ I told everyone , no one will teach me how to use the internet except you” , (he was kidnapped few months ago , I wrote a post about that) his daughter and I visit each other in the holiday at least once a week, she is 3 years younger than me , but we have fun together .
Sunshine ..
P.S my mom is thinking about buying another computer , I hope dad will accept , I pray for that.

15 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats to the iraq team. I'm so glad they have given you a real sense of unity. when I read about the daily tragedies in your country it makes me angry for you and people like you. take care.
starliz

 
At 3:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations for your team winning! It must have really raised the spirits of the inhabitants of Iraq! Although it is terrible that terrorists are trying to stop you from celebrating. And it's great to hear you've had a good time at your friend's birthday party! Stay strong!
Kasumi.

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger BirdMan said...

Sunshine,

I got a Nina Simone's Video(YouTube).

I've seen her Video first time.

She is Great as I expected.

I presented it to AH Baghdad.

Please show it!!!

http://artharbour-baghdad.blogspot.com/

AO at AH Shimokitazawa(JP)

 
At 3:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, I read about you on www.flip.com where a girl named Melissa made a flipbook about your blog. It is so sad about all the thing the world is facing right now, but is worst to know that girls like you are going throu stuff like that because I think that you are very smart and that ppl like you should be happy and secure. But thats how it is, keep on writing because I think you could be the next Anna Frank!!! seriously your blog is like her diary, and you both are going throu the same War. well hope you are okay and take care.

 
At 3:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunny, it's great to see Iraqis so happy and that there was something good to bring people together. Whew! You sure did have a busy week!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Ripama said...

Sunshine,

It's a nice feeling to win a championship. The difficulty is winning another championship.

I live about 3 miles from Gillete Stadium the home of the New England Patriots (American Football) team. We've won 3 championships within the past 6 years and we're hoping for another this year.

For the previous 30 years we were mostly losers.

Until last year, the last time Boston Red Sox (American Baseball)won a championship was 1918. That means that some Red Sox fans lived their whole life without winning a championship.

So, congratulations and good luck next year.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Jhondie said...

Busy week. Its great to have that sence of National pride after the game isn't it? I'm glad your neighbor has been released, but those Americans who grabbed him should have released him after 24 hours. Well I hope more positive things continue to happen for you and your city in the coming months. Have I evern mentioned how much I enjoy reading your blog? :)

 
At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine,

I was so very happy to hear about the Iraqi team winning. I was more happy to hear about you enjoying the party and about "R"'s smile returning. That was all very good news to me and so many others.

It makes me sad to know of all the violence that is happening in your country. I just wish that everyone would join the other and strive for peace for all people.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger BirdMan said...

Sunshine,

You want to be an engineer in the future.

I was a system engineer.

"Engineer" originates from "Steam Locomotive Driver".

Because "Steam Locomotive" adopted steam "engine" which was inveted by James Watt from Scotland.

It's interesting!

AO at AH Shimokitazawa(JP)

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger BirdMan said...

Sunshine,

There are various types of engineers.

But you should basically study mathematics, physics and biology in spite of the types.

Good luck for you!

AO at AH Shimokitazawa(JP)

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger John said...

Dear Sunshine,
I'm glad you're well! Congratulations on the football victory.
P.S. I agree with ao -- from my experience mathematics is the key to many different paths -- Also, your creativity and your bilingual skills are important advantages that should help you throughout your life.
Praying for you and your family
-- John

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger BirdMan said...

Bush Problems

government of the people, by the peoople, for the people - Abraham Lincoln

government of the barbarian, by the barbarian, for the barbarian - George Walker Bush
 

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger pansypoo said...

wouldn't the world be a better place if we could just play football 'war' instead of killing each other?
shame the chimperor georgie is too stupid to play soccer.

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the Iraqis:) It is nice to see pictures of happy people celebrating. I hope things start to get better soon so that you can celebrate and be happy more often. You are such a sweet girl caring for so many people it makes me smile to think of Sunshine in Iraq.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Izabella said...

Hellooo... I've been reading your blog, and I tought it was very interesting. My english is really bad, but i hope you understand what i'm trying to say. Well, I'm from Brazil, 15 years old too, and i love to know things about diferent people and diferent countries. i tought we could e-mail with other, it would be great. if you wanna do it, send me an e-mail: bellazschaber@hotmail.com

bye bye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home