Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Latest news up to the minute ..

Hello friends .
As you know my dad’s uncle lives in our neighborhood , we visit them a lot, we are very close , I couldn’t visit them for about a month because their sons are having their exams (they are in the third and sixth class ), I feel very much lonely .
My mom and I don’t spend much time together as we used to in the past.
We are stuck in our house , we don’t go out , because the situation is not good, we can’t go to the other side from Mosul .
But still , summer holiday is better than going to school!!
I spend a lot of time working on my book , but I feel a little bored from being in the house all the time ..
The sixth class’s exams were postponed twice , after they studied for hours and hours , the minister announced in TV. The exams will postpone because of the curfew in Baghdad ,the students were really mad.
Grandpa built another storage-room , so we work together in the evenings and organize the storage-rooms (we have 5 !).
Grandpa felt really happy when I worked with him , because he felt bored and lonely while he was working alone , specially my father and grandpa disagree with each other when they work together. I love grandpa and I was worried about him , I don’t want him to feel nervous , specially because he had CVA attack on January .
Mama suggested a great suggestion to prepare lunch for the doctors who had to leave their governorates and stay in mosul ,they live in the hospital, grandma and I liked the idea but dad didn’t !, so it was canceled.
I went with my mom to her work last Wednesday , to have another night-guard (I have bruxism ), I had so much fun there, they thought mama and I were sisters , no one believed that I am her daughter!!! And one of the doctors thought I am the new dentist !!!.
There were doctors from Baghdad , Faluja , Hadeetha , and other cities, they had to leave their cities because of the bad situation ..
My plans for this week , is to finish the book I am reading, it is about a magi guy (people don’t believe in god , they believe in fire), he was the only son for the king of Iran ) and his journey to Arabian peninsula to become a Christian (I read 6 chapters until now , so I don’t know what will happen next) ..
Those are my latest news ,up to the minute ..
Sunshine

17 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger RG said...

Hi Sunshine,

Looks like you are having fun with the family.

Here is an inspirational story of winning, even when things seem to be going wrong. I noticed in the previous post, that you like to draw horses.

This link is the story a lady tells of winning a contest, the biggest finals in America with a horse when she was 16 with a horse. As they came out into the arena, the "steering wheel" of the horse, referred to as the bridal/bit, used to steer the horse came off just as the ride began.

The 16 year old girl STILL WON!

Scamper was a smart horse.

Here is the video.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger RG said...

opps, bridal should be spelled bridle.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Diana Joy said...

Hi Sunshine!
Yes! I really want to help you with your book!!! You remind me soooo much of the book "Diary of Anne Frank" Check it out!
I'm sooooo sorry I have been busy!
Between my book and my day job I seem to have no time left over to blog :(
I am going to try and keep up with it now!
Pleeeeaaase send me an e-mail!
We need to talk details!!!
I thought you had gone with another publisher....
I pray I can help you get the book out!
Love ya Sunshine!
Diana Joy

 
At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer can be boring if you can't get out of the house. You seem to find interesting things to do.
I have a question for you about school. How many classes do you have before you can go on to college? Here it is 1 through 12. Stay safe.

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger jhondie said...

Hello Sunshine! Sorry to hear that you are bored in your home:(
I know I go crazy if I can't find something to do. Well I hope things settle down soon and you can enjoy other sceneries in your neigborhood without fear.

 
At 4:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't wait to read your book Sunny! I'll want an autographed copy of course. Don't forget us little people when you get rich and famous : )

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger John said...

Dear Sunshine,
Thanks for the news! I'm so glad you're OK! I used to help my grandfather with carpentry work too -- I learned a lot.
Please be careful -- your fans love you!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Captain Jarred Fishman, USAFR said...

Better to be bored than to be dodging mortar shells- look on the bright side of things :) Keep your positive attitude- better days are coming.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger MixMax said...

"There were doctors from Baghdad , Faluja , Hadeetha , and other cities"

All of them are working together, not because of the bad situation but also because they don't believe that this person is from that town or city and the other from another, they only believe that they Iraqis, facing the same fate.

God bless you and your mother, god gives health to your grandpa for all your effort despite the situation.

Please keep on writing and don't be bored. I am one of those waiting for you to finish your book.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger BirdMan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger BirdMan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger BirdMan said...

Bob Marley sang "Babylon System is Vampire".

I discovered the King who made Babylon System!

His name is Nebuchadnezzar2.

He took away young Hebrew people to Babylon.

But the King of Persia released them.

Why are Hebrew people and Arabic people fought against?

Because the people who originate from Nebuchadnezzar2 are Now controling the Babylon System all over the world!!!

AO

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Oscar said...

bridal refers to a wedding bride.

bridle refers to the reign of a horse or as a verb meaning to hold back or restrain.

 
At 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sunshine,

It made me happy to know that you had fun when you went with Mama to work at the hospital. It must have been fun when all the people there thought you were her sister. Do you look old? Or does Mama look young?

I was even happier to know that you enjoy helping grandpa. All of us grandpas love having our grand children with us. Sure wish you were here to help me. I have a large vegetable garden and need you to help me keep the grass and weeds out of it.

Tell grandpa to keep busy, as long as it does not cause him chest pain. I had a CVA attack over 25 years ago. It makes me a little slower but my doctor tells me to keep active. So far it has helped me keep going.

Stay safe and be as happy as you can. I want you to enjoy your life.

 
At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog and it breaks my heart.

If America has ruined your future that would break my heart even more.

I hope things return to normal for you someday soon.

 
At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...a bit doubtful of your age. You're really only 15? And ou already know what bruxism and a CVA attack is... these are things i learnt only in university. Really respect your education system then.

 
At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll definitely buy your book! i like learning about other countries and i'm already learning more about iraq from reading your blog than the news tells us! that's funny that people thought you look just like your mom! are you the same height as her? it's cool you like horses. you might like a book called seabiscuit about a famous horse, it's also a movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home