Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Trying hard to keep shining…

As I promised you to let you know the news of the investigation, I have some new news to tell.
But first I would like to thank you for your sympathy , & compassion with me & with my family , I want to thank Dave , for his letters, & his offer to start investigation in US about my uncle's regrettable death .
Anyway , "B" uncle S's son , was told that the military police 3rd division, admitted their embroilment in killing uncle S (god bless his soul) ."B" took a picture for the car .
Till today I can't believe that uncle S is died, it is very hard to believe.
I think you remember my friend "R", I wrote about her father, cousin, & uncle tragedy death, thought you would like to know her news , she is ok , 2 weeks ago we had a party in my school , she did not want to come first , but I persuaded her to come , she had a nice time we took her out from her sadness for a time. we became closer together , she was thinking how can she buy a present to her mom for the teachers day as her mom is a teacher , her dad used to go with her to the markets , so I went & bought a present to her mom , I felt very very happy to see her shiny smile , & I shall buy a present tomorrow for her mom for the Mothers day, R is doing great in school , as well as her sister , & her twin brothers , R and her family will move to another house near one of her relative's house …
Sunshine trying hard to keep shining……

11 Comments:

At 2:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine,

Very, very sorry to hear of this tragedy.

Being 78, it may be that Uncle S did not hear or see a check point and the mistake may be that the military police did a poor job of setting the check point up so that people would realize they were coming up on a check point and should slow down and stop.

That is only a guess.

That would definitely be a mistake by the Military Police and it seems they are admitting they made a mistake.

Keep us posted as to all the details you find.

There is a major military operation going on north of Baghdad were the army is trying to catch terrorists. And the parliament, representatives of the people met today for the first time.

Keep Shining, Uncle S would want you to always be "Sunshine", I am sure.

 
At 2:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are trying to shine. I know it is a tough time for you and you family. My heart goes out to you.

Jennifer

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

please keep on shining' sunshine.
take care
starliz

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Dancewater said...

from other posts on Uncle S's death, I don't think it was a checkpoint, but that he was on a side street when the US forces drove in front of him.

It looks like they did not hit the hood or lights on the car, just the windshield.

I am so sorry Sunshine, for your loss.

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sunshine, Please offer your family our condolences on your loss of your Uncle S passing. You are a good friend to "R" by listening and supporting her during this difficult time. Please keep Shining for all of us Sunshine. With you we all have hope for the future with you shining the way. Keep strong our thoughts and prayers are with your family. Anna's Mom

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Heather-Anne said...

Sunshine-
I come across your blog and read for about an hour! WOW! I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. You have a kind heart full of love. I will be adding you to my blog.
Keep in touch!
http://agirlsguidetotheuniverse.blogspot.com/

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Captain Jarred Fishman, USAFR said...

Stay strong Sunshine- I am sure that is is just a very bad mistake that your Great Uncle was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I am sure that the Army will investigate. Hopefully things will get better once the new government starts to work...

 
At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sunshine,
I am very sorry about this tragedy. Uncle S sounds like a wonderful man who was the last person, US troops should have thought to been a threat to them. You and your family have been deepest sympathy and are in my prayers. I pray as well that why this tragedy happened will be found out and the guilty soldier or soldiers punished. Take Care.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Arab Lady said...

so sorry for wut happening to these innocent ppl..wondering when this will end,,it soulds that it will never end! too much to tolerate ,,,our hearts are with u sunshine

 
At 3:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to share this saying with you: "If during the night you cry for the sun , the tears wouldn't allow you to see the stars."

You are a very strong lady, not a child anymore...do not let this war win your heart.

GOD bless you and your family.

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home