Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Election day

today is the election day ..
in the past two months the most common conversations were about the election day as this is the most important event that we were waiting with hearts full of fear and some hope  ..
people were expecting more  violence,  Arrests for the innocents ,  blocked roads , curfew , etc
But , the situation was even worst ! villages were drowned completely to stop people of participating  , innocent guys were killed randomly, others were arrested in jails for no guilt ..  
I went today despite of everything,  Iraqis desperately want a new government , educated , strong, and loyal to IRAQ ..  
I saw interviews with people who were forced to leave their villages after their houses were drowned completely they said  " we are going to vote swimming", after swimming 

to their election stations outside the villages they found them closed !
from the early morning, Mortar fell on neighborhoods in Mosul, Salahaldeen, Baghdad and other cities ,  policemen and citizens were killed and injured ..
My family, relatives, friends and i voted today , we're determined to do whatever it takes to have a better future, we went for the sake of people who lost their houses, the people who couldn't reach their election stations, for the sake of widows , orphans , for  innocents in jails, for Iraqis that we lost since the invasion .. 
 for a better future (hopefully)  ..
Sunshine



15 Comments:

At 2:10 AM, Blogger jarvenpa said...

I hope with you for a better future. Be well, Sunshine. I am glad you keep posting now and then.

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I followed your blog years ago and I'm so glad to see you are blogging again :) I hope you and your family are well.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Sunshine I think of you often and just thought I would check in and see if you are posting again. Congratulations on completing your studies I hope you find job soon. My husband is an engineer at Boeing in Seattle, WA USA and will be retiring soon maybe you could come take his job you are welcome to stay with us.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Sunshine I am happy to see you back on your blog! Congratulations on completing your studies. My husband is an engineer at Boeing in Seattle WA USA and is retiring soon maybe you could come take his job and stay with us. :o) Looking forward to reading more of your essays!! Stay well and I hope your family is well. I continue to be very concerned about Iraq and the mess the US created. I am heart broken and forever sorry.

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Crusader said...

Are you ok? How are things in Mosul???

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Crusader said...

Are you ok? How are things in Mosul???

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Rhiannon said...

I used to read your blog ages ago and came back to look today after I heard the terrible news about Mosul. I hope that you and your family are ok.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hearing the horrible news today, know you are in my prayers!

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Jhondie said...

I pray for your safety

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the news from your country had me googling to rediscover your blog today as I was a regular reader not long ago. Thinking of you & yours today, Sunshine.

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where are you, sunshine? starliz

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger possum said...

Hope to see you blogging again, soon... let us know how you are, what is happening.
The news from your part of the world does not seem good, so many of us are worried about you.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger ~~Silk said...

We are thinking of you, worried about you and your family. Be safe.

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Crusader said...

Let us know you are ok when you can!

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting worried about you Sunshine
Solo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home