Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Tuesday, April 08, 2014

happiness and sadness were competing to have a biggest space in my heart that day ..

i wrote few posts and i didn't publish them
I'd write a post and in the next day something would happen , and i update the post again, until i found it full of inconsistent events !!..
the last 3 weeks were full of tension, i waited until i feel more relax to be able to write again .
I woke up on Thursday 13/3 , the weather was really nice , i decided to spend a nice time writing a post, so I opened the window , brought my laptop , prepared a delicious piece of cake and coffee, how happy did I  felt when electricity came in the morning!
 I wrote few words until my grandma came crying saying a friend of ours lost his son , when a car bomb exploded ( i am not going to mention the horrible details) , i was shocked , became speechless! a voice in my heart was saying "i hope it is not true " while my mind  draw a complete image based on my grandma's description of the painful accident .
  
My best and close friend was going to get married on Friday 14/3 , i had to hide the sadness in my voice each time she called me , i didn't want her to hear such things before her wedding .
 you know how nervous a bride can be in the day before her wedding, she had to make sure everything was ok and she didn't forget to prepare a tiny detail for this big day !
 my friend and i planned together for her wedding and i did some of the decorations , I was putting my last touches while tears running out on my cheeks ..
happiness ( for my close friend) and sadness (to hear about this lose)  were competing to have a biggest space in my heart that day .. it was exhausting

Sunshine      

5 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Burnt Orange said...

I am so glad to see you back online. I was worried about you and was praying that you and your family were all fine.
Congratulations on becoming an engineer. My daughter is also an engineer here in Canada.
I am so saddened to hear of what happened to your friend. God will heal your beautiful country soon I pray.

All the best wishes to you and your family.

Bob

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Kalpana Thapa Patnaik said...

I hope all will be good.

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger ChrisPineo said...

Thank you for coming back. Your struggles are our struggles in a way, because even when they are so hard, you choose to share with us.

 
At 5:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sunshine,
It was a joy to see you have some posts again. I hoped you and your family were ok in your absence from this blog. Congratulations on finishing your studies and becoming an engineer. I have had days where my heart is competing with two strong emotions as well. It is not easy. Loss and celebration...two ends of a spectrum. Sending love to you, your family, and the family who lost their loved one. Keli

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what can I say? still the violence goes on. my heart goes out to you and your friend.
starliz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home