Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Friday, April 20, 2012

Thanks for being patient ..


after my first semester exams, I took a week off, and went to Baghdad with my family …
Oh what a great vacation, with my grandparents, relatives and neighbors ..
We arrived on Friday, and spent a great week ,visited our neighbors and relatives, went shopping 5 times, visited my favorite place " Al Roubai'e street" , went to the restaurants in Baghdad, celebrated valentine (grandpa took us to a nice restaurant) ,oh Baghdad looked wonderful that day, it was full of white and red , people dressing red, carrying roses and balloons, restaurants were filled with lovers and the decoration was special that day, I ordered  a steak and it came with a heart shape candle, such a lovely idea.. for one day I forgot all about situation and routine .. people celebrate that day with their loved ones and families, and I heard a guy talking in one channel he said " this year, people exaggerated in celebrating valentine they're walking carrying red bears, roses , balloons and cars are filled with roses , load music everywhere, and that's all happening to embitter those who threatened us not to celebrate valentine, it is an overreaction" .. well, I love any occasion that express love and care between people ..

And also, in Baghdad I had an amazing haircut in a new salon, the owner trained in Lebanon and she's very talented, although we made a reservation and had an appointment, we waited for four hours!! It was a chance to meet new people and look into new magazines, I had fun ..
we celebrated my  delayed birthday, and my sister's birthday , the best part is we went to two parites "YAAAAAY".
My neighbor who's a high school teacher got married , so we went to her laylat al hinna party and to her wedding ..
I've written about our weddings tradition few years ago..
Laylat al hinna,is the day before wedding (or two days before wedding), where the bride celebrate with her family ,relatives and friends , and it's from our traditions to put hinna in little figure for the bride and groom (the bride can wash it immediately if she doesn't like the orange color), and then the bride put hinna for everyone who wants ..
So, we had lovely time, and they hired a band of two women (one of them sings and the other play music) ..
The wedding was nice and I had fun in both parites..
When we came home from the wedding, grandma prepared delicious ice cream , and that was the end of Baghdad visit events ..


Two weeks ago, my family and I spent two days in Dhook, we stayed in a nice motel , the view was gorgeous, my brother (8 years old)kept asking are we still in Iraq?? He didn't believe so! Everything looks different, the streets, the traffics , the malls, we felt different, safe, and remembered  what is it like to walk in the street with sense of dignity, no police yelling or concrete walls everywhere, I hope every city of Iraq become like the northern cities ..
We went shopping (my favorite hobby !!), had nice lunch in a restaurant called malta, it was an elegant place, also visited Dhooks dam, and went to dream city (children's city), it was so much fun, and in the next day we went  to anishky cave, then had lunch in nice restaurant, and went to a mall.. 
 
then came back to Mosul  , to the same busy life and daily routine and exams  , as the 2'nd semester is close to end, I feel more stressed and exhausted...
I
Thanks for being patient ..
Sunshine

19 Comments:

At 3:51 AM, Anonymous Wayne Gregory said...

My dear Sunshine, I am so happy to hear from you. I am glad that you had such a wonderful time and got to visit your grandparents. I have been worrying about you a lot because we didn't hear from you. I thought something was wrong at your home place.

27 days aftewr you turned 20 years old, February 25, I became 80 years old. I don't get to go to school any more.


I hope you and your family enjoyes a wonderful summer and school free days.

Thank you for your wonderful post. I enjoyed it a lot. I did not know that your country celebrated Halloween. Glad you did.

Your grand paw Wayne

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous David said...

Hello Sunshine :)

I have not visited your blog for a long time. I was glad to read your post. It sounds like Baghdad is more peaceful and happy these days. I hope Mosul is the same.

Please give my regards to Najma. I can't read her blog any more, so I don't know how she is doing.

Good luck with your studies!

Take care.

 
At 3:47 AM, Anonymous Wayne said...

Dear Sunshin, These are some lovely pictures. I wish I could come visit you there. The food pictures was wonderful too. Kind of made me hungry. I hope all is going well with you and your family. Wish Mama could write again now.

Your Gramdpaw Wayne

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Ripama said...

Sunshine

Good to hear from you again. Stay away from stress.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Atishay Jain said...

Thanks for this awesome quote, It is always nice to have such a nice blogger with us. I am also a writer from India. Keep posting like this. :)
Regards:
Atishay Jain

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger SadiiaaC. said...

Wow! It looks like you had great fun! You're so lucky that your able to get away from the stress of exams because I have 7 exams meaning that I can't take breaks or anything :(

Please follow my blog:
www.sadiiaac.blogspot.co.uk

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely to hear from you again I was getting anxious about you too. Good luck with you studies.
starliz

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Roy said...

Good to hear from you again.Happy to hear you are having some fun in your life.Wish you could post more often but I know you are busy. Stay safe.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I am so pleased that live is getting a little easier in Iraq. Your photos are wonderful the Northern region is beautiful and everything seems well kept. I love photos of your food. It looks so good.

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always grateful to find a new post. the trip looks fine. keep the study up you're nearly there.
starliz
.

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always grateful to find a new post. the trip looks fine. keep the study up you're nearly there.
starliz
.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger BirdMan said...

In Japan, recently the mass media doesn't report about Iraq.

It seems better gradually.

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Roy said...

Sounded like you had a much needed good time. Good to har

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Sophie said...

I really like your blog.... ;)

I'm sofea from Malaysia
http://ohmylensa.blogspot.com/

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Rania said...

The food photos are very appealing... and the place you visited seem to be very nice... Thanks for sharing

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous butik busana muslim murah said...

good job Your blog contain Thanks lot for this useful article, nice post

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Kalpana Thapa Patnaik said...

Hi Sunshine. I read your blog for the first time and I liked it very much. I have never been to Iraq but I have learnt a lot from your blog. I have just started writing blogs too. I can share it with you if you would like to. Looking forward for your more blogs. God blessyou

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Kalpana Thapa Patnaik said...

Hi Sunshine

I am KT. I read your blog and its really cool. Your writing skill is really good. I have never been to Iraq but I came to know a lot about it from your blog. I have just started writing blog I can share it with you if you wish to. Well take care of yourself and looking forward to your next blog.

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dear sunshine ,

I just happened to go through your blog and i liked it pretty much .
Glad to see that you had lots of fun :) have a good day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home