Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Out of breath..

Hello friends, Merry Christmas, I wish you all the happiness and may your dreams come true..


I was surprised with the great reaction I got with my readers about "the shoe message" I got so many E-mails, some people agree, others disagree with Muntather . As for me I wouldn't throw my shoe to anyone, but I was glad to see Muntather doing this, Bush caused a lot of pain to us, because of his war the people we love got killed, injured or had to leave Iraq.. We keep writing, trying to change the situation but no one listen, no one care, the polities care about money and oil only. So it was Muntather's way to show the anger, and frustration..
As for being "friendly" with someone visits our country, I assure you, any one whether he's American or not visits Iraq as a friend, someone who didn't ruin our lives, will be more than welcomed and will find us ,the Iraqis, great hosts, there's no doubt about it. and if the situation will be good I'll be so happy to have my reads in my house..
Many people asked me about Muntather's cast, I only know he is AN IRAQI, and it won't make any difference if we know his cast, all Iraqis are brothers..
**************************************************
Last weekend I got very sick, I had very bad flu, I couldn't even leave my bed, I was feeling so dizzy and weak, and I had several asthma attacks, at night I laid down in my bed, it was very dark, there was no electricity in the neighborhood as usual, I could hear the soldiers talking and they shot few shots from time to time, the sound was high and scary and sudden.. I tried to sleep but I couldn't, my heart was beating really fast, I spent the whole night praying no mine or car bomb would explode, the situation is so bad in the neighborhood..
Next day I studied in my bed, I had two exams, biology and mathematics, I slept for two hours during the day, but I was awake the whole night, I suffered from insomnia for two nights.. In the next day I felt it was hard for me to stand, I was sleepy, dizzy, and sick!! but I had to go to school, while I was having my breakfast the driver called and said he couldn't come, the neighborhood was surrounded because there was an inspection. and the roads leads to the neighborhood were closed, I decided to go out of the neighborhood walking, then my dad suggested to go with two of my neighbors and their young sister, and take my sister with me to her school, because we heard the soldiers were allowing the students and teachers to leave their houses only, their dad drove slowly and tried to find a way out of the neighborhood, we tried different streets, and sub-streets but they were all closed , we wanted to go back home but the soldiers were shooting anyone drive, or walk !!! so we knocked a door of stranger's house and asked them to keep the car in their garage, my mom called me and said "STAY IN THE STREET TILL I CALL YOU, THE SOLDIERS ARE SHOOTING AT ANYONE WALKS IN THE STREET" my dad talked to an Iraqi soldier and explained to him the situation, the soldier agreed to allow me and the two little girls (who are 11 years old) to walk only, but my neighbors couldn't come with us, the soldiers didn't allow the guys to walk, I wasn't only scared I was actually shaking !.
The soldiers shot few shots whenever someone walked near by, and they made my neighbors (the guys) sit on their knees and take off their jackets, they were inspected many times, but they weren't allowed to walk at first..
Imagine, many soldiers with their vehicles and weapons, and I was walking with two girls, feeling responsible for their safety while I couldn't insure mine, suddenly an explosion happened it wasn't very loud, probably in a near by neighborhood, but my sister was scared and started to run in different directions, my bag was ripped and I fell on the street while I was trying to catch her and ask her to keep quiet.. When I came to our house, my grandma and dad were waiting for me in the garage with many Iraqi soldiers, they all felt worry about us, a soldier noticed me first he said to grandma "AUNT LOOK, THE GIRLS CAME"
I told him "it is the last time I go to school if the neighborhood is surrounded, I swear"
I could barely take a breath when I came home as I was walking so fast and under pressure..
Keep praying,
Sunshine..
Btw, we decided to stay in the neighborhood, because if we leave the house terrorists may occupy it, or soldiers may stay in it..

16 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Najma said...

Dear I'm really sorry for everything you're going through..
I hope you're feeling better now.

This shall all pass inshallah, sooner or later.. and remember:
ان بعد العسر يسرا

Stay safe.. I'll pray for you.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger BAGHDADENTIST said...

Sunny,
i dont have words to comment ,i know what you were feeling at that moment bcoz when i was in mosul the same happened to me several times and once with my brother we were about to be killed by direct shootings of a soldier when we drove near home and there was a man killed at that place.
but you are a brave girl,may god protect you and your family.
try to stay at home if you have any suspecions
stay safe
Y.S.F.
B.D.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger MixMax said...

Hi sunshine, merry christmas and happy new year, and salamat :)

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I am so sorry there is still such violence in Mosul. It is sad that some of it is directed toward your Christian neighbours, acts unworthy of faithful Muslims.

You are generous to offer best wishes toward Christians at Christmas time, when so many of the invaders and occupiers of your country are Christian. That they can do so in good conscience is unbelieveable. Christianity is a peace loving religion. All Christianity makes the distinction between a just and unjust war. The war on Iraq is clearly illegal and unjust. There are also peace churches that are pacifists http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_churches These churches are a powerful witness to the truth of Jesus' views in the Four Gospel.

I was pleased to find information of a wonderful pacifist Muslim leader Badshah Khan, a contemporary of Mahatma Ghandi. He was a Pashtun, the tribal people in Northern Pakistan and Southern Afghanistan.

The Christian pacifists and pacifism in Islam is worthy of study.

Stay careful and safe. We all pray that the new year will see increasing peace come to all of Iraq.

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sunshine, people will agree and disagree about the shoe, the only thing for certain is that it is done now. Disagreements and the freedom to disagree are part of democracy.

If he had thrown the show at Saddam he wouldn't be needing the shoes back, that's for sure. I hope the spirit of the Iraqi's such as yourself continue to hold up, and lasting peace and freedom be upon you and your family soon. Oh, and I hope you get better from being ill and your insomnia.

Merry Christmas and may you have a Happy New Year!

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too and Happy New Years!

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Violet said...

First of all merry Christmas,
I'm really sorry for what has happened in your neighborhood.. in fact all Iraqis go through similar situations every single day.. but we have hope and will never give up!! Thank God for your safety ; i had a very bad flu a couple of weeks ago and i made it through .. thank God!! hope you will be OK soon and GOOD LUCK with your exams
Regards.

 
At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine, I read your posts a lot. I am an Iraqi from Michigan, U.S.A. and a student like you. I shiver at many of your postings and like Baghdadentist said, stay home if you have suspicions. I only hope that you continue to study and do not give up home. Education is so so so important and I pray for all the other Iraqi children my age or younger everyday. God bless you habibi, inshallah fed yom enti troheen ala quliya zaina.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger John said...

Dear Sunshine,
I hope you will feel better soon.
I'm praying for you every day.
May your 2009 be bright and sunny and may the darkness go away.

 
At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie Sunshine,



I am so proud of you for speaking about how Iraqis feel! Your voice is heard here.



Bush is the worst president the United States has had and we rejoiced when the she was thrown as well! His lack of compassion and remorse for what he has done is the same as a serial killer.



Our press is reluctant to speak out against the president but believe me when that shoe was thrown it was heard around the world.



We are hoping and there is a movement to punish these war criminals we have in power. They have destroyed America also many believe that they are responsible for the 9/11 attacks to bring us to our knees so they could go to war in the middle east to get control of your oil.



There is hope with Obama he was against the invasion and occupation of your country from the beginning. We can’t wait until he is in power. We are hoping to put Bush and his buddies in jail for their war crimes.



We are so sorry for the damage and heart break. This wrong is so horrendous it can never be made right but we will make steps to repair the damage! Evil cannot win against love!



I send you love and hope this hero journalist will be freed.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Floral said...

Thank you so much for your blog. I am an American student and I was previously unaware of how bad it is in Iraq. I never supported Bush's war, but you make me want to speak out about it!
Sending my love across the ocean to you...

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Dancewater said...

Every time I read about what you are facing my heart breaks a little bit more.

I wish I could do something about it.

Hope next year is better for all Iraqis.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger annie said...

i hope you never have to have another day like this one.

you are so brave.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger stary night said...

you are really a brave girl!I'll pray for u and ur country.IRAQ!
I am a Chinese.our country kept in peace for about 60 years and i am only 21,which is too young to suffer from the pain from the war.but i really feel much sympathy for you and your country!
I pray for you and your country!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger stary night said...

you are really a brave girl!I'll pray for u and ur country.IRAQ!
I am a Chinese.our country kept in peace for about 60 years and i am only 21,which is too young to suffer from the pain from the war.but i really feel much sympathy for you and your country!
I pray for you and your country!

 
At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i kind of agree and disagree witht he situation. he shouldn't have thrown the shoe at bush, but he does have a right to say how he feels and i feel bad what your people have gone through because of this war.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home