Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Wedding without groom !!!!

It was very busy day, I had a physics lesson in the morning, when the class was over I came home quickly, had lunch changed my clothes and attended mathematics lesson and then went to a wedding party !!!! I had to pass the bridge 5 times, my lectures and the wedding party were in different and far neighborhoods, I reached the party at 5:15 (but it started at 3:30 !!!!).. I couldn’t miss the class, my study gets the priority, although I prefer to attend parties than boring long lessons hehehe ..
The party was absolutely awesome, I had soooo much fun, I can’t even express that in words, I really needed to spend good time ..
There I saw many of my friends I didn’t expect to see them., I also met my teacher who taught me in the 3ed class primary school, it was very good opportunity I was so happy to see her and everybody ..
The wedding was for a famous, respectful, educated family in Mosul .they are also very close friends of my family. the groom, his sister, mom and dad are doctors.
I had the best time ever with the groom’s sister she is in my age , we kept dancing and dancing I really didn’t want this party to end at all , but it was over at 6:30 pm !!!! at that time I was unable to feel my legs hehe.
The bride looked gorgeous, everything was fabulous, her makeup and wedding dress, the only missing thing was the groom ..
YES,The groom couldn’t come !! he’s a Dr. and lives in London it’s not safe for him to come to Iraq (if he comes terrorists may kidnap him).. I can’t believe how hard it is … having your wedding party without the person who has your heart, adore you, and will share your life, the bride will go home alone, and wait till she get the visa and finally meet her husband who was away for long time… the wedding party was like goodbye party for her family and friends..
I wish the situation will get better, and all the lovers meet each other again.. the beginning of this week was good, that made me feel optimistic, I hope the whole week will be good and safe ..
Sunshine

17 Comments:

At 10:05 PM, Blogger John said...

Dear Sunshine,
Thank you for sharing that story with us -- it is so touching and bittersweet. I hope there will soon be a happy ending!

 
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a very much needed good time. Dancing is fun isn't it. Lets hope the bride & groom get together soon. Maybe then you can have another party to celebrate.

 
At 3:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were able to have fun! I can not even comprehend what you and your family go through daily. I do keep up with your writings because I want to be able to understand things that are not shown in our USA news. I am not sure if I have commented before, but you do have a fan over here in Houston, Texas, USA. God Bless, and I hope your family remains safe! Please fell free to email me if you want to ask any questions from someone on this side of the ocean. justwendydavis@gmail.com

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I'm glad you are feeling optimistic and had such a fun time! :o)

I love weddings. How does the bride dress for a wedding in Iraq? Here, brides wear big white dresses. Is it the same in Iraq?

xoxo

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

war times also have a beautiful legacy, and that is the stories of striving love. please sunshine, collect all you can and publish them one day. certainly would be a great book.

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger lorraine said...

Dear Sunshine
I was so pleased to read your latest post and know that you finally had some fun for a change. I check your website regularly and am in the process of going into the archives from several years ago. I do admire your courage and intelligence and thank you so much for letting us know how things are in your area of your country. Stay safe and keep writing. Lorraine, Arizona USA

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Jhondie said...

hello Sunshine. Sorry I haven't been keeping in touch. Got back from vacation. Sounds like things have gotten worst since I last checked on your blog. I hope better days are in your near future. Peace be with you.

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear you had some sunshine and fun in your life ; ) May it continue to get better. Solo

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean no marriage did occurred?

That's a sad story. And I dont want my wedding to be like that.

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Captain Jarred Fishman, USAFR said...

Focus on these positives Sunny- the fact you can take your courses and will be a highly educated woman ready for college in just a few years. That people are getting married and able to have parties and have a life. And then remember, that Mosul is the last refuge of the terrorists- so you have to just imagine how much better the REST of Iraq has become in the last year. There are Americans now literally walking through Samarra with no body armor- when two years ago they would have been attacked within minutes. Things are changing- just keep working for hope :) And keep posting because we want to make sure you are safe..

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great to hear that you had such a wonderful time, Sunshine! I hope the rest of your week was good as well. It tugs at the heart when loves are apart, especially young loves for whatever reason. Better days are ahead and you are such an inspiration in the way you persevere and live up to your blog names "Lives Strong" and "Sunshine"

Way to go!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger *الخاتــــIraqi Ladyـــووون* said...

mmm it seems a good website, I'll check it later 'cause now I'm in a hurry.
good luck sweety.

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sunshine,
I'm a little late to reply.. School's going to start soon here. No more vacation!! ahh, but I can't complain after hearing your story..

I hope the groom and the bride are together soon. I have a question, are your weddings like the Muslim weddings in India? Is there like a day before the actual wedding ceremony for the bride and family? In India, they have dances at night the day before and they put henna on the brides arms. I don't know more about the rituals though.

Post soon! I hate checking your blog and not seeing a new post.. haha.. It's comforting to see a new one, no matter how sad it is. Good luck with your studies! =]

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Analía said...

I loved your post. Thanks for sharing

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger RG said...

With all the negative, doom and gloom people in the world, it is refreshing to see such lovely sunshine, ESPECIALLY when that sunshine is coming from a darker place. It makes your light even more beautiful to the rest of the world.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger The WinTer Room said...

'ello sunshine ,, thats really great finaly u v got time to cheer up n stuff ,, u deserve the best honey
keep up the hard work.
God bless you

 
At 2:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very intresting post, I just drifted by here while browsing the web. I hope everything works out ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home