Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Friday, October 31, 2008

Sunshine in rainy days ..

Hello friends
The sixth grade is my last and most important year in high school, since the academic year started till now I have continuous fear of something bad happens and disturbs my study like what happened last year, and the year before, there were too hard circumstances that didn't allow me to concentrate 100%..
I am studying well and doing my best, I give myself homework and study Arabic alone!! I'll even examine myself .. the teacher don't explain, beside she spend the whole time annoying us by saying " I won't teach you well, so take private lessons and if you don't have money I'll pay for you" or " there's nothing you can do to have miss S back" etc .. all of the problems that happened were because one hypocrite girl who ruined everything because of her selfishness, and jealousy, when we knew that she was behind not having miss S back, we faced her, but she couldn't face us and went to another class (everyone felt happy when she moved) now there won't be any arguments in my class anymore !!! I
Each day I study for 5 hours, and I feel confidence in myself that I can achieve my goal (god willing), as long as my parents and everyone I know is praying for me, and I am doing a good job so far, in holidays I spent Thursday from 5 pm till I go to bed resting and doing things I like, but I study in Friday and Thursday from 8 am till the evening .. .
************************
In my previous post, I talked about what happened to the Christians in Mosul, the most peaceful and honest caste, the situation didn't get better, but many had to come back, they couldn't stay in the tends anymore, my friends started to attend school again, it was great to have them back, when they came to school their friends ran and hugged them just like they didn't see them for ages.. I still feel so worried about everyone I know especially the Christians, I wake up thinking about them, have lunch wondering if they have enough food, sleep thinking if they have blankets or beds to sleep on ..
My friend contacted our friend's father who is a very respectful and educated man he said he just want to come back even if it is dangerous, his kids must go to school, and they can't tolerate sleeping in a small tent while they own a lovely house .. I felt shudder , and upset to know my friend in going through such hard circumstances.. also I feel powerless because we (the Muslims) couldn't protect them, we can't even protect ourselves, it is not in our hand, and the government didn't take any serious reaction ..
The last two orders that our prophet gave before he died were to be kind with women and to protect and treat the Christians the best way, because they supported the prophet and protected him with his followers, we own them forever otherwise it will consider a discrepant for his will..
Mosul citizens helped as much as they could, by raising amounts of money, bought food, matrixes, and necessary things and took them to villages where their friends and neighbors were staying, it is not a charity or so, it is our job to help each other, and support each other, I wish I'll wake up tomorrow and find everything good, no more battles, killing and threatening..
Sunshine.

13 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Michelle Glauser said...

I like your post. Keep up your love for others and keep working hard. Some day all will be well, but for now you can find joy in the little things.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Ripama said...

"I wish I'll wake up tomorrow and find everything good, no more battles, killing and threatening.."

I wish the same.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Kadam007 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sun,
Your writing is beautiful, your life is upside down. We work for the day when you have not one thought of violence. Inshallah. Thank you for trying to get your words out!

Your courage and self discipline remind me that Iraq will be in the hands of you and your generation shortly. I have every confidence that you will put the country on the road to more peaceful tomorrows.

Salaam,
-AND-
write to us at mail@121Contact.org,
_please_, and we will work to get your words to many American students.
Bruce [NYC peaceworker]
&
Noor [Baghdadi teacher]

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger Jhondie said...

God bless you and your loved ones Sunshine.

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Wish that your wish comes true.

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger John said...

Dear Sunshine,
As a Christian and a fellow member of the human family, I just want to thank you and all the good Muslims of Mosul for trying to help and comfort the Christians threatened by the messed-up people.
Please be careful and stay safe -- you are Sunshine for lots of people near and far!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Sunshine said...

who's mariam ?
Sunshine

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Emily A. said...

Sometimes when I read what you write, I want to magically transport you and your family to my home so we can visit and enjoy sharing our culture with each other. I want you to have peace, safety, security, and to be happy. I want you to enjoy the peace that comes from brotherly kindness and love. While you have been struggling to survive because of violence and hatred, I have been struggling to put peace in my heart even though I can't do anything to help you. What can I do? I want to do something. American's do not like the violence and we want to help, but we don't know how. To most American citizens, the things our military do are not things we are aware of or have power to change. But, the citizens want to help. We will pray. We will pray hard and long that you may have peace. That seems like the only thing we can do, and trust that God will help you and keep you safe. We love and care for you and your family sunshine!

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Jacqueline Fole said...

Dear Sunshine, Your post is moving. All here in American can feel your pain and hope with a new president in power the war will subside and you can go on living your normal day to day lives. I will be sure to mention your blog in my next post and the horrors that you have through. All you can do know is hope, pray and bear it. Hopefully te generations after will not have to suffer as you have done
Love
Jacqueline

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger saminkie said...

It was very important to read what you have written about what happened in Mosul lately. Thank you Sunshine for writing about this. God bless all Iraqies.

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger Tottaz and Nocas (L). said...

I love your post, and admire your strength to tell everyone what's happening in your country.
I'm portuguese, and our blog is also about our problems, but it's nothing compared to what I saw in the pictures.
My dream is to go to Iraq and help people.
Sometimes I just wanna say "STOP" so everybody stops doing and LOOK to the pain and suffering.

I'm with you.

Best wishes,

one of the writers of the blog (Nocas')

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The good thing about your information is that it is explicit enough for students to grasp. Thanks for your efforts in spreading academic knowledge. Regards

 

Post a Comment

<< Home