Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Blessed Ramadan ...



Ramadan Kareem , may this month be full of peace and blesses, Ramadan is very special month, we don’t eat nor drink anything since dawn (at about 4 am) till sunrise (at 7 pm) , to feel the poor people’s feeling who can’t offered money to buy food, and to feel the blesses we have, it’s the forgiveness and bounteous month...
pregnant women, or who breast-feed, the sick, the children, the old people, people who are traveling don’t have to fast, and their are many other excuses not to fast… but people who has a good health have to fast …
In Ramadan all the family members gather at 7 pm to have al Futur, everyone cooperate and prepare the banquet, Muslims in this month must show good manners, helping people, reading quran, praying more than any month else…
Ramadan won’t be like the past for many families who lost family members in war, everyday they’ll miss them more , specially when they have al Futur without them, it is so hard, and I pray they’ll get through that..
My plans for this Ramadan to read the whole Quran, and pray all prayers at their exact time (4 am, 12 noon, 4 pm, 7 pm, 8 pm), helping more people and allocating money for the poor people like what I do every Ramadan and whenever I get the chance to do so, and study well..
the prayers are heard in Ramadan , All Iraqis are praying to have a peaceful life without violence and killing, may god hear our prayers and respond it …
*************************
two weeks ago I had party in my house, I invited 10 best friends of mine, 6 of them came which is great .
My friends can’t come to my neighborhood it is too dangerous and too scary, when you enter it you feel like you are in the ghosts neighborhood or death neighborhood beside the roads are closed ..
The party started at 4 pm and ended at 6:30 pm , we had a good time, danced, laughed and talked a lot .. we needed to have a good time and celebrate before Ramadan and school start ..
At night I was exhausted, everything was perfect, and the party was awesome, I went to bed at 11 pm, I spelt for 3 house and then woke up, I was sweating and it was hard to take a breath, I was so tired but I couldn’t sleep because of the VERY hot weather, at last I started to cry, I couldn’t sleep well for many nights, and I need to concentrate in my classes, at 8 am I dragged my self and attended my physics class, with sleepy eyes and yawing ! I couldn’t understand a word , as soon as I reached home I slept for 5 hours !! the electricity is horrible as usual .. ….
I hope that this month their won’t be any explosion no one will get killed or kidnapped and we’ll only hear good news, I pray for that ….
Sunshine…



26 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Kadam007 said...

Wish u a very Happy Ramadan Sunshine...

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ramadan Kareem. I hope you have a very special Ramadan. Sounds like you had a very good time at your party and hope you can have many more. I hate to hear that your neighborhood is so dangerous. I really hated to hear that your health is not good. Is it caused by the heat? Take care Sunny.

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

let's welcome ramadhan al-mubarak with faith. more prayer for u sunshine n hope things will be fine over there esp in this holy month.ameen.

 
At 5:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eni Sunshine,

Ramadan Kareem. I hope and pray that you will enjoy this Ramadan.

I was happy that you did have an enjoyable party. I was very sad to hear about you not being able to sleep well.

Al Umir Al Tawell Inshalla!!

tisbaheen ala kheer

shukran gazeelan for being such a wonderful person.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Average American said...

I will pray for a month of no killings and no bombings also Sunshine. Have a blessed Ramadan.

Joe

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

I will pray for you too. I look forward to a day when you can report that your neighborhood is lively and safe and beautiful again!

Happy Ramadan.

Bonnie in Houston, Texas

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger David said...

I wish you a happy and peaceful Ramadan Sunshine!

I hope you will enjoy some cooler weather soon.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Captain Jarred Fishman, USAFR said...

Ramadan Mubarak Sunny! Keep the faith and your hope alive. I know when you are tired it is hard to be hopeful. But already if you look around Iraq things are SO MUCH BETTER than even one year ago. A soccer match in Baghdad had 50,000 spectators for the first time in 8 years! There are new buildings going up, new hotels across Iraq, new roads, new stores. Keep studying and you will be able to take advantage in just a few years of your education!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Jhondie said...

May your prayers be answered. Stay strong and be safe Sunshine. Have a wonderful Ramadan.

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ramadan Kareem! Hope you have a blessed month. ehh Physics is always a pain with or without sleep. I like it though.. Anyway good luck with your school. Mine just opened too.
Hope your neighborhood will go back to being the safe, happy one it once was soon.. =]

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger Jack B. said...

Here's praying for a happy and peaceful Ramadan for you, your family and friends, Sunshine. You deserve it.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Hidden Note said...

Hey dude.
First of all, Ramadan Kareen ;D
and second, I truly love your writing style! It calms me down everytime I read your blogs.. Pretty amazing dude! Anyway, have a nice day!

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog...
Happy Ramadan!

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent post for a very happy ramadan mubarak, wish you same to you.

I would like to share EID SMS Greetings after the holy month of Ramadan @ http://sms4smile.com/category/eid-sms/

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you the happiest Ramadan in your life. I hope it will be good month for you and I pray for you. Keep strong Sunshine!

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that you enjoy the rest of Ramadan :)

It lifts my heart to see that you and your friends were able to have a good time at the party. It is so important to still be able to have fun when surrounded by so much conflict.

A day will come when you can say loud and proud that your neighbourhood, your people and your country are safe again.

Good wishes

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm..sunshine!!
before saying anything..i would like to give u a huggggg!No words can describe ur life better..i guess..You are really a sunshine!!
I look forward to have this 'Sunshine' as my friend.

R u willing to accept me as your friend???

oh yea..Happy Ramadan!!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Sunshine said...

Hi all, thanks a lot for your wishes and for the nice comments , they made my day..
Eyezonly : i always welcome new friends. thanks for your kind feelings..
Sunshine
livesstrong92@yahoo.com
livesstrong92@gmail.com

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blessed Ramadan, Sunshine.

May Peace Be Upon You.

I am not religious in any sense, but I do pray to the Universe. I will be praying for Peace and Safety for you, your loved ones, and all the people of Iraq.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger John said...

Dear Sunshine,
May you have a very good Ramadan. I'm praying for you and your family every day.

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As usual Sunny, you have no "give up" in you. You continue to shine. May this Ramadan bring you and your family many blessings and happiness, and allow you to pass them on to others. Keep your sun shining, Solo : )

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's people like you sunshine that give me hope, you give me insperation with all the hardships you have, bless you

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent post for a very happy ramadan mubarak, wish you same to you.

I would like to share EID SMS Greetings after the holy month of Ramadan @ http://www.smsxone.com/eid-mubarak-sms/25-1/

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent post for a very happy ramadan mubarak, wish you same to you.

I would like to share EID SMS Greetings after the holy month of Ramadan @ http://www.smsxone.com/eid-mubarak-sms/25-1/

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ya Allah ! accept us, our fasting “:pardon our sins & bless us with your guidance “:Certainly, You are Kind & Oft-forgiving . Aameen”:
khwab nama

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Hindi sms said...

I am happy to find this post useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I foundh in you post. Thanks for sharing. Happy Ramadan!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home