Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Friday, October 20, 2006

From the middle of the events ...

On Thursday, terrorists attacked the police station behind my house , it was a horrible day ..
I couldn't sleep well at the night before because of bad flu, I woke up at 7 am , while I was still in my bed I heard VERY loud explosion but it seemed to be far away from my neighborhood. I left bed and went to the living room ,at 7:30 while my mom was preparing to go to work we heard many explosions with heavy shooting just behind our house , my brother ( two years and half) ran from his room , shouting , crying , and shaking " MAMMY , NO,MAMMY " , he was sleepy , my sister was also asleep she left her room crawling , we hide in my grandparents' guest room , my grandpa was in his work , as soon as he reached there, two vehicles exploded near al-mosul university , we were very worried about him. he saw the whole thing . in that horrible explosion 25 were killed and 38 were badly injured ,all were from Iraqi citizens.



many rockets fall on my neighborhood and in other regions that day , 19 innocents died , thank god my family and I are ok .. the phone didn't stop ringing all day long, our relatives and friends were checking us..
I called my friend" B" , she said that at 7:30 am , the police station near her house was attacked by terrorists too , a nearby neighborhood noticed a battle also, so I think the situation is horrible in Musol as a whole…
There is a curfew , and it will last for some time, I guess..
Last week , the terrorists wanted to occupy mosul , but they failed. They will NEVER win ..
It was a tough week for me , in every day I spend at least an hour trying to find an open way to go to school , it has been a month since I started school , and until now , I didn't go to school easily.
I saw a video in Nineveh TV .in which a brave Iraqi policeman suspected in a driver driving his car speedy and coming toward the police station , he shot the driver before reaching the police station , but unfortunately the car exploded , to kill the brave policeman , who saved many souls, I was very touched by this video, god bless the policeman soul..
Oh , I heard so many tragic news this week !!!.
*************************
I very much appreciate your concern about Mohamed, his family doesn't want money, they just want an organization can send their child to a good hospital , Mohamed is very sick , and he is getting worse, so please hurry up..
**************
Eid will be on Sunday or Monday , I wish from the bottom of my heart that we will not have a curfew , and I will enjoy Eid .I didn't have fun since my grandparents left us, the first day we will have a big family meeting in my dad uncle's house , I am eager .
Sunshine ..

18 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Dear One,
I am so angry right now I could scream. No child should have to go through what you are living through right now. My heart aches for your family and your countrymen.
You, Dear One are such an amazing example of courage. Do you know that? You show each and every one of your readers your strength with every post. It is horrible that you even have to live in a situation like you are, but you always handle yourself with dignity and grace. I have no doubt that there are big plans for you in this world.
Be safe Dear One. Know that there are thousands of people who surround you, your family, and your community with prayer each and every day.
I will continue to pray for peace, for hope, and for your loved ones.
You are one of God's Choicest Children, Dear One. I pray for resolution to this horror you live in, that you might go forth and become the incredible person you are intended to be.
Be Safe!

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger In His Steps said...

You are an amazing young lady Sunshine. My prayers are with you for safety for you and your family during your holiday.
You shouldn't have to go through all of this but the strength and mercy that you have gained due to your circumstances is such a blessing and encouragement to all of us.
Kim

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger Original_Jeff said...

"god bless the policeman soul.."

Yes, indeed Sunshine. I am so sorry to hear of the violence in your town, but I am relieved to hear you and your family are OK.
You are a great girl and have a good family. You deserve a better society to live in. I hope it comes soon.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Ripama said...

Sunshine,

I hope that you and your family remain safe. I don't know what else to say because words are too weak when compared to the danger and uncertainty which confronts you and your family.

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what can anyone say? iraq seems to have gone mad. no people should have to endure these things. take care sunshine and pray that all your family stays safe.
starliz

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

take care!

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What you and Iraq are living through is terrible. I wish your family could leave to a safer place.
You are a special person living in a crazy world. Stay safe.

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Sunshine.. Like everyone above has said, I am terribly sorry to hear about the attacks in your community. I am happy to know that the police were able to stop them.

I certainly hope that you and your family are able to enjoy EID al Fitr.

I pray for your safety and hope that peace arrives soon.

I admire you and your amazing courage. I am extremely facinated by your activities.

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine, I forgot to mention this possibility for help with the sick child: Children's Help

I hope this will provide a little help in this matter.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Jay said...

اختي الشكر على التعليق وعيد مبارك!

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I've been reading your blog for a little while now, and I can't tell you how much I admire the streength of you and your family. I'm sending magical vibes your way to protect you and the people around you.
Anyway, I have a question: Does blogging enable you to take some distance from the worrying situation in Iraq or not?

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger RG said...

Sunshine,

The brave police and your family are in many peoples prayers. May God's angels watch over you and keep you safe. Living close to a police station in most countries is the safe thing to do, and I believe that even though the station gets attacked by the bad guys, it is better than living in a neighborhood where the bad guys have taken control and where terrorists are roaming freely. The police can protect you and your little sister.

As an American, I feel the troops need to stay and help. The American Army leaving would only encourage the terrorists who are reeking the carnage in these attacks, hoping for such a retreat.

But the police, you and we are "Livinging Strong".

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger chikitita said...

It is sad to know that people your age must go thru all this madness.

Al7amdillah 3ala ilsalama Sunshine

 
At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Sunshine, while worrying about you and your neighbor child(Mohamed) I discovered this organization that might offer assistance: United Nations International Child Emergency Fund

More information can be viewed at contact

If you wish to contact them go to contact us and scroll down and click on "Contact Us"

I sure hope this will be of some help.

I'm praying for your safety.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Dancewater said...

Eidkum mubarak to you Sunshine, and may this horror in your country stop soon.

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

Hang in there Sunshine. This is the best way for you to fight them.

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sunshine,

I just wanted to say "Sorry" from Australia.

I hope you and yours come out in some sort of sanity and health. I wish this whole crap had never started.

All the best
an Aussie admirer

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, sunshine!
Iam from Irak!
But I live in Sweden!
I hope you feel good, and I will ask you something, Do you like Saddam Hussein?? Write back!
//A anonymous Girl! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home