Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

New swimming pool ...

Hello friends,
in the absence of security , fuel , and electricity , we always try to do something fun to kill the time . We have a small swimming pool, where Mariam and Yosif spend most of the day time in. I really like to swim with them, but it is very small, about 150 cm in diameter!!!! Today the temperature was 50 C , I felt sooo hot .while my sister and brother were swimming, I put my feet in the water and then started to walk saying " I wish I fell down in water " my mom and sis surrounded me and wetted me with water , Yosif said " please honey , swim with us " Yosif and I swam , then he felt bored and left the pool ,but I remained in it and had my lunch their, while all the family sat beside the pool. It is great to have lunch inside water , we sat in the garden at 2 : 00 pm , because the temperature out side is much cooler than inside the house !!!!!.
Then my sister and I caught the flexible hose and started to chase each other , the funniest thing is that my grandpa came from work and we wetted him with water , he started to laugh and said "stop , there's money in my pocket ,my mobile phone , and important papers " but it was too late .
Mama saw how much we had fun , and she told daddy when he came home that she want to buy us a bigger swimming pool from a near by shop , he said " ok , I'll pray the afternoon prayer then go and buy one ".
At 6:00 pm mama and daddy came with a very big swimming pool , I was so happy , I spent the greatest afternoon ever , I didn't have fun like that long time ago , daddy , mama , grandpa , sister , brother and I swam together , and played many water games . I had marvelous time with my family especially with my father, our relationship is much better (we didn't fight since June).
I spent one of the best days in my life.
Sunshine.
(Thank you my government for giving me the opportunity to spend more time with my family !)………….

12 Comments:

At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a doll!
Spending time with your family is great ;), but I hope you get to spend some time doing a few things you like to.
I simply can not imagine 50oC heat. We rarely get over 30 here, and I can do is sit in water then. We have even gone so far as to buy a pool for our puppies to swim in when it gets that hot.
Sounds like the water fight was fun, and needed by everyone...important papers or not!
Be safe, dear one

 
At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You are my SUNSHINE,my only SUNSHINE,you make me happy when skies are gray,you'll never know dear how much i love you so please don't take my SUNSHINE away." I have always loved that song and from here on out I will always think of you when I hear it or sing it. You inspire me in so many ways. I was so happy for you that you and your family had so much fun in the swimming pool. You deserve all the happiness and everything good in this world. When you are happy it makes me happy. Take care and be safe! I will always pray you and your family and for your country. GOD BLESS YOU!

 
At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You are my SUNSHINE,my only SUNSHINE,you make me happy when skies are gray,you'll never know dear how much i love you so please don't take my SUNSHINE away." I have always loved that song and from here on out I will always think of you when I hear it or sing it. You inspire me in so many ways. I was so happy for you that you and your family had so much fun in the swimming pool. You deserve all the happiness and everything good in this world. When you are happy it makes me happy. Take care and be safe! I will always pray you and your family and for your country. GOD BLESS YOU!

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Um Haleema said...

Sunshine,
I just love your positive attitude. I am so glad that you are able to see the positive side of things. I am so glad to hear that your relationship with your father is better. A girl really needs to feel a daddy's love. I hope that you are able to enjoy many more of these kind of happy days.

 
At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading of your happy time has made my day happy too. I am always happy to hear that something good has happened in your life.

It is probably difficult for you to understand how much we love you and your family. Please know that we do honestly love you and hope for your safety and continued happiness.

We pray and ask God to look after you.

 
At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy you had a great and wonderful day! It puts a smile on my face to know that you and your family are enjoying the day. Be safe and have fun with your new pool. By the way, on the days that it is hot, if you chill watermelon in ice it will taste awesome.

Take care,
Jennifer Bland

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger Diana Joy said...

What a wonderful day:) I have missed you:) Sounds like you have found a way to cope with this hot summer! I need a pool!!! LOL
Let's keep in touch kiddo!!
Love,
Diana Joy

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger In His Steps said...

Enjoy your new pool Sunshine! I can't imagine 50C either. Keep cool in your new pool!!!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Captain Jarred Fishman, USAFR said...

On the one hand the public in America is not backing the effort in Iraq, but on the other hand many good news items have been coming from there recently. Hopefully the forces for good will quickly prevail and happy days will become the majority!

 
At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to know you're having a good time. I thought Iraqis by now would be cowering in fear in some corner of their house. You're leading a normal life adn I'm happy for you. Enjoy it, dearie. Hugs to you all.

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sunshiner, glad to hear you are safe and well, and having a good time, i havent blogged in AGES, i probobly should but oh well. swimming pools are excellent, i went swimming the other day, but the pools here are full of chlorine and so my eyes really hurt after!!! anyways, :D:D
Much love keep safe MWAH .. Cazza_Jane

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

barney making new friends

 

Post a Comment

<< Home