Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Please try to imagine ...

Summer in Iraq is very hot, the temperature reaches 52 centigrade, imagine we don’t have electricity for many many hours a day (12-22 hours), believe me it’s intolerable. The electricity in my country is bad since 1991 (before I was born, when the electric power stations were damaged in the gulf war).
We have a big generator in the neighborhood as well as in many other neighborhoods, & the neighbors got lines to their houses , but only limited amperes , which isn’t enough to use the air conditioner , instead we use air cooler which some times make it worse , because of the high humidity . It’s some time very difficult to breath for my mother & I as we are asthmatic .These generators have a great role to pollution as they usually expel smoke.
We also have a small generator in our house but we can only use it when we have fuel!!!! .
We some times spend nights with out sleeping. we have a chargeable fan to be used in the night when the generator is out of work , because the neighborhood’s generator works from 12 o’clock pm until 6 o’clock am , the generator work 3 hours & rest for one hour .
That is the reason behind the delay of my posts, specially some times even when I do have power the voltage can be so low (175 _185V)which is not enough to run the computers or any other machines , in addition to the very bad internet services, & bad phone lines, so you can see how much we suffer...
By the way, now in Iraq we have serious deficiency of fuel that the cars queues extend to many kilometers in such very hot weather.
In spite of every thing, I always try to shine, & live strong.
Enjoy your electricity, internet, & the phone services…
Sunshine …

5 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll count my blessings when I switch the lights on tonight. Thank you for the reminder.
starliz

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Apostle John said...

Just found your blog -- it was mentioned in your uncle's blog.

I am really enjoying it!

http://apostlejohn.blogspot.com/

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Sunshine said...

Dear sir (Maddog):
I hope you are fine, thanks I lot for all your comments, I am absolutely agree with you , reconstructions should be done after get rid of terrorism . I want to say that I don’t agree with the terrorists I hate them they kill a lot of people & they don’t want us to live in peace , now the terrorists are being cached by the American army , the national guards & the policemen , the terrorists will be cached one after one , & we will live in peace after all.
Sunshine...

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
Hey you have a great blog. I am going to bookmark you.
I have a internet marketing for small businessLots of Money in Your Account. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)internet marketing for small business

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home