Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Monday, March 23, 2009

High school memories …

Thursday was our last day in high school together, we had a great party, a lot of food, music and dancing, we played different kind of music, Arabic, western, Iraqi and Kurdish songs, I enjoyed every second, we kept hugging each other, old memories came back specially when my friend" A" said a lovely poetry about the six years we spent together and the teachers who taught us, it was very emotional..
I took my brother with me, and he had a pleasant time
The food was great, I brought Dolma, I looked funny when I was carrying a big pot and salver!! The best part was when my friend D (she's Kurdish), taught us how to dance the Kurdish Dabka, I learnt fast and D told me that I became faster and better in dancing Kurdish Dabka than her!! It was awesome the majority of girls joined in Dabka, others were either clapping, or taking pics for us, the girls who danced were Arabs, Kurdish, and even Turkmen, from Mosul, Baghdad and from other cities, no matter what are our casts and backgrounds we enjoy sharing each other the traditional dances.. at the end of the party I was unable to sense my toes , imagine 5 hours of dancing wearing high heels!!
Oh god, I can't believe it has been six years since I met my gorgeous classmates, there has been great and bad memories, my friends and I cried and laughed together, shared each other everything, we are really like one family, when one of us get hurts, have hard times like threats or losing someone close we all feel the pain, cry together and try to be supportive, when we feel that one of our classmates is not able to buy the necessary things and in need, we allocate our saves and buy too expensive gifts for birthday or any occasion without making our friend feel that we are intending to help.
when one of us have something pleasant like a wedding or party we all feel happy,we help her with choosing clothes make up advice her how to do her hair etc, and even do her homework as she will be busy !! when one of us cant understand a subject all the students try to teach her, repeat the subject over and over till she understands it! The relationship we have is strong, and I wish it'll always remain like this..
I'll share you some of my best memories;

I smile whenever I remember that time we had teacher's day in the third class, we thought the break time will last for long as the teachers were having a party, my friend H was complaining that she doesn't know the Turkamny dabka although she's Turkmanian, and my friend L offered to teach her how to dance the Kurdish dabka instead, my friends joined them and L started to explain the steps, and then all the girls started to dance Dabka together, while I played the rhythm on the desk using rulers!! Suddenly the door was opened and the history teacher came in!! We were shocked then started to laugh, the teachers party was canceled because a VIP came to school!!
In the fourth class, I had the best time in the end of the year, when we knew that our marks were really high that we don't have to attend the final examinations for most of the subject, and a band came to school, we practiced to sing a song about Iraq, I had a great time, the musicians played really well, and I liked the song a lot, it was our first song and it was shown in the national TV. And on satellite channels! The training was so much fun, there are many good voices in our class..
My other best memory also when I asked my friends to make a surprise for our friend R who lost her dad and several relatives, I thought she needed to feel excited and happy so I decided to buy her a PC computer, my friends participated with some of their saves and I bought the computer, wrapped it and took the present to school. The students, teachers, and R were shocked, it was the best birthday gift ever..
In the 5th class, with the help of older girls we allocated money for the students who were forced to leave their cities, the sums we allocated was big, we bought blankets, clothes, and everything they may need with part of the money and gave them the rest in cash, and we made a party for them as well, it was fun.. in the same year I started to sell magazines in school and the profits went to the orphans in Mosul, I am very blessed and happy that I got the chance to help people in need, the teachers used to encourage and help us to do good things for others..
In the sixth class the best thing that happened was the final party for us together and the competition we had with the boys..
Beside all the good events there has been very painful memories, when R lost her dad and several relatives, when M lost her mother, whenever a classmate have to leave Iraq, or get a threat, as well as all the times we had to hide under our desks when shooting starts, there has been terrifying battles near school, a mortar once fall, too many car bombs exploded, mines etc .. Many times we had to go walking among the tanks; our way to school is dangerous.
I'll always remember the good events and laugh, and the hard ones will only give me the strength, power and make me prepared for every hard thing I may face in the future
Sunshine.
PS. we don't know when will our exams be, some say it will be on the first of June, others say it'll be on the 20th of June !! too many bruits, but I made two schedules to be prepared for any date, so I know exactly what to study each day for the next 70 days !! I need your prayers and wishes, I am doing the best I can…

21 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Congratulations!!!!! That's wonderful. It's so nice that you have those good memories of friends to carry with you for the rest of your life!!!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Such wonderful memories of "school day" you can carry forward in life.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger BAGHDADENTIST said...

Hey sunny,glad to know u spent happy time with ur friends at the party.the dishes seems delicious,thanks god the business centre here near the restaurant :D.
i'll wait ur post to tell us abt ur high marks in the final exams.
wish u luck.
take care.
B.D

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Dancewater said...

good thing you did a lot of dancing, otherwise that delicious food would make you all fat!!

It looked and sounded like a wonderful party.

I know you will do well in your studies.

 
At 4:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ENI Sunshine,

I am so happy to read about the wonderful party you had with your class mates. Did Yosiff enjoy it? I hope he did.

The pictures of all the food is wonderful and makes me hungry.

I am so very proud of your accomplishments.

I am also happy that you enjoyed your trip to Baghdad and had a great birthday party. Everything good that happens to you makes me happy.

Al Umir Al Taweel Inshalla.

Tisbaheen ala kheer.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Mina said...

Hi Sunshine,
I recently descoverd your blog and I haven't read everything yet but I must say that it's very interessting and exciting to read.

Your a sweet girl and you have my prayers for sure!

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger moonlight said...

you have an awsome blog sunshine and I really enjoyed this post. I wish you the best in your upcoming test and in the future. May you and all the friends you talked about keep your friendship throughout your life. Please keeep blogging and stay safe.

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Average American said...

As you grow older Sunshine, you will come to realize that the best friendships you will ever make were already made during your school years. Continue to cherish those memories and those friends. The best times of your growing years will be with you always and the bad memories will diminish with time, not to be completely forgotten, but to be remembered less and less every year. You are a most remarkable young lady and I am sure you will have a successful and happy life. God bless you.

Joe

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger BirdMan said...

They seem to be delicious.

I'm very hungry.

I have no food since the morning.

It's afternoon.

So I will go to have something to eat, hehehe...

AO

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger jarvenpa said...

You always have my prayers and very best wishes, Sunshine.

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Phillip D said...

Congratulations Sunshine! I graduated from high school a couple years ago, and it was very emotional. I still remember and miss my good high school friends. I've been wondering, what do you plan to do now? Where will you go to college? Have you thought of going abroad to college, like to the United States? I know we may not be your favorite country, but so many people could benefit from hearing your stories!

Best of luck.

 
At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Roy said...

Next time you have a party like that I want to be invited. :) The food looked sooooooooo good.

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I truly have been blessed with being able to find a great website that has so much information about Mesothelioma. Everyone hears about this deadly disease on the television but how many of us really know what it or how it was spread. That is why I strongly recommend anyone to check out the links below for a wonderfully detailed website that I have truly enjoyed reading.

Your blog is very delightful and I enjoyed reading it. How peculiar that your high school memories are just like mine....Well, maybe everyone remembers high school the way we do!


Alabama Mesothelioma

Alaska Mesothelioma

Arizona Mesothelioma

Arkansas Mesothelioma

California Mesothelioma

Colorado Mesothelioma

Connecticut Mesothelioma

Delaware Mesothelioma

Florida Mesothelioma

Georgia Mesothelioma

Hawaii Mesothelioma

Idaho Mesothelioma

Illinois Mesothelioma

Indiana Mesothelioma

Iowa Mesothelioma

Kansas Mesothelioma

Kentucky Mesothelioma

Louisiana Mesothelioma

Maine Mesothelioma

Maryland Mesothelioma

Massachusetts Mesothelioma

Michigan Mesothelioma

Minnesota Mesothelioma

Mississippi Mesothelioma

Missouri Mesothelioma

Montana Mesothelioma

Nebraska Mesothelioma

Nevada Mesothelioma

New Hampshire Mesothelioma

New Jersey Mesothelioma

New Mexico Mesothelioma

New York Mesothelioma

North Carolina Mesothelioma

North Dakota Mesothelioma

Ohio Mesothelioma

Oklahoma Mesothelioma

Oregon Mesothelioma

Pennsylvania Mesothelioma

Rhode Island Mesothelioma

South Carolina Mesothelioma

South Dakota Mesothelioma

Tennessee Mesothelioma

Texas Mesothelioma

Utah Mesothelioma

Vermont Mesothelioma

Virginia Mesothelioma

Washington Mesothelioma

West Virginia Mesothelioma

Wisconsin Mesothelioma

Wyoming Mesothelioma

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sunshine, I hope your doing well... do u know if Baghdad Dentist is doing well? He pulled his blog of the web. A yes he is well or no answer is enough for me to be at piece with his well being..

Thanks!

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger She-She said...

Hold on tightly to those memories for in the future those memories will bring you comfort and peace at times when you need them most. Remember too that with all that you have lost and struggled through that those special times are something that no one can take from you ever. God bless you, your friends, and your family.

With best wishes, Sheila-USA

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Sunshine said...

Hello Anonymous , Baghdad dentist is fine ..
Thanks for leaving a comment.
Sunshine

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous rohit said...

hey its wonderful
my school days memories came back in my mind
nice work
keep it up

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anjoshnee said...

Wonderful blog ! Interesting experiences.

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sunshine!
IT's really amazing to have such a wonderful bunch of school memories. I'm an English teacher from Tunisia and I'll use them for my English Exam for this term, if you don't mind "Sunshine"!!! Really congratulations for we have students who still believe that education is all about life experience!!!
https://www.facebook.com/#!/SMIRAM

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger leslie said...

hi, sunshine.Glad met your Blog that it relates for me.how old are you? you look growing up.wonderful..

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Sera Rebeca said...

hi, sunshine.
its amazing and nostalgic. my school days memories came back in my mind

 

Post a Comment

<< Home