Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Best wishes for 2009...

Today we celebrated the New Year, we celebrated our safety and thanked god for his blesses.

2009 has come, I wonder how this year will be, no one knows but god, I certainly hope it will be peaceful for all Iraqis, I pray there will be no more killing, threats, and explosions .. I am optimistic about this year, although the condition around me and everything don't promise any improvement, but I prefer to have hope..

2008 had good and bad times, I'll always remember the good events, and hope time will heal the painful memories.

In this year I finished my book and signed the contract with the agency….I had many interviews the most exciting one was with BBC when General Patrias talked on air …. I got many many friends from different places round the world, friends who support me, and advice me, I feel so lucky to know all of them, I also encouraged my mom's colleague to create his own blog, and he became a great friend of mine, he always encourage me, support me, and hear my complains !!

I learnt a lot of lessons that will definitely help in my life, I learnt that I should not be too kind that some times people would use my kind heart to do them favors and then abandon me, I learnt that if people stab me in the back that means I am in the first place .. I became more religious I pray the 5 prayers everyday, I feel so thankful for god for protecting my family and myself everyday from the continuous shooting and explosions, it is priceless I can't thank God enough ..

In this year I didn't waste a moment without using it in the best way I could, I read many books, made many researches so I feel I have more knowledge than before, I learnt new hard made work, how to cook better, play the musical keyboard and discover another talent which is writing poems in Arabic, I also improved both of my English and French language, so YES I achieved my dreams and everything I planned for last year..

Another pleasing event that I will never ever forget is the trip to the north, I had the greatest days in my life there..

But 2008 wasn't an easy year at all, there were very devastating and sad events, losing people we love either they were killed or immigrated, I reached some point I lost the hope and became very depressed specially after the threats we got, and when the terrorists wanted to kill daddy, they were very dark days, I lived in a real nightmare and horror the whole time, it was so hard specially that I know how much my orphan friends suffer, thank god my dad is safe and alive, I realized how much I love him, what I faced made our relationship much better, he is a good father, may god protect him, protect my mom and all of the people I know ..

Loosing friends, relatives and neighbors assured me that no one knows what will happen in the future, people have plans for their lives and families, but god has another plan for them.. I realized that being a good person every day is the best thing I can offer to leave a good impression..

So my plans for 2009 is to continue what I am doing (blogging), study hard, I am determined to continue my study and get high marks, no matter how hard the situation, or how it seems impossible to concentrate despite everything, but I'll prove that "impossible is nothing" and continue going to school and work hard to go to a good collage, I haven't decide yet what I want to be in the future I like dentistry, pharmacy and engineering, I didn't make the final decision yet, also publishing my book is my other biggest dream..

I hope next year we'll celebrate new year with my aunt and grandparents, we used to have great times, I remember the old new years when we used to stay up late, play bingo and eat delicious food, I hope the good days will come back and we'll celebrate New year the same as before and also thank god for keeping us safe, healthy and for all of his blesses ..

Happy new year to all of you,

With love,

Sunshine

12 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi sunny
i'm very proud to be your friend.one of my big achievements in 2008 was my blog thanks to your mom and you.
i wish you success and dentistry college :).i hope we will all live in peace this year.
may god protect you and your family.
happy new year.
Baghdadentist

 
At 3:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you a Happy New Year. Have you moved out of your old neighborhood yet? It must be very difficult to live a normal life in a abnormal situation that you live in. If anybody can do it you can.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Dancewater said...

Happy New Year to you, Sunshine. I hope next year is peaceful and wonderful for you. And when you publish your book, I will buy copies for my family and friends and put one in the local library.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger BAGHDADENTIST said...

As dancewater said , me too i'll buy many copies and put in libraries in baghdad.
you deserve the best of things

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger BAGHDADENTIST said...

btw thanks for the link ;).try to forget sad memories.
study hard for mid year exams

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Ripama said...

Happy New Year...

I don't know about your French, but your English is a lot better than 3 years ago. Sometimes you make little errors, but they aren't anything that takes away from the meaning. Also your sentence structure has improved a lot.

In your post you used the word..."immigrated" instead of "emigrated". The root word is "migrate" (movement of populations). If they are moving to you it is "immigrate", if they are moving away from you it is "emigrate".

Don't feel bad though, alot of people mix these 2 words.

In any case remember... Sunshine is a Shining Star.

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I hope you and your family have a safe and peaceful new year. This could be the year Iraq begins to repair itself as the invaders leave.

You sound more positive than you have in a long time. I feel good about you and your prospects for the future.

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Linda G. said...

Sunshine, I like the way you reviewed your past year. It really brings out the amazing and successful things you have done while under terrible stress.
I know you have great things in your future.
I am praying every day for the safety, health and happiness of you and your family and for peace in Iraq.

 
At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Sunshine :) I hope your new year will be much better then the last. My resolution this year is to be a better person. My previouse resolution was to deny myself nothing... hehe. Stay safe, and God Bless you.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Jane Clark said...

I just heard about your blog on ABC radio Street Stories in Australia and wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed hearing about you and your life. All the best for the future.

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger Jack B. said...

Happy New Year, Sunshine! Needless to say I hope this year is MUCH happier for you than the last!

 
At 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Sunshine, and happy New Year. I just wanted to help you with your spelling of General Petraeus' name. It's Petraeus. Almost certainly his ancestors are from Eastern Europe, probably between Greece and Lithuania. His name means "son of Peter".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home