Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Friday, November 17, 2006

A friend in need is a friend indeed ......

Hello friends , how are you ?
I've been busy with exams and homework this week , we didn't have electricity all most at all , I used to study on the torch's light . in addition it is so cold in Mosul now , and we don't have fuel for the subas ( kind of heaters work on fuel) , it is really nice conditions to study , dark , cold with sounds of shooting and explosions , and as my room has large windows , I sometime can't study in it , whenever shooting began I ran from room and hide in the corridor .
As well as I was trying to help a child with heart problem and send him abroad , and contacting organizations for Mohamed , collecting money for R's computer ,in fact it was a week for doing good things.

In this week , I decided to collect money to buy a computer for R , (my best friend who lost her dad as well as 6 relatives ), and I collected so good amount of money , I can't wait till I see her impressions when I will bring the computer to school , I think it is really nice present . when I told my friends about my idea , they said " you are crazy" , " we can't collect money for a computer " ! 17 girls participated and now we have more than four hundred fifty (450000 ID) , I had no idea that I will collect that quantity I am so happy , R will be too happy ..
My mom , grandma , and grandpa very much liked the idea , and they are supporting me , by efforts and money .

B , who I considered her as a faithful friend , went to the girls to convince them not to participate " that is ridiculous, useless, and you are wasting your money on something silly like that ? " those were her words .. I don't know why she is doing that , when I decided to help Mohamed and the 5 years old boy with heart problem she said " you are stupid , do something useful" , is there any thing useful more then saving people's lives? .
I teach R how to use computer twice a week ( we have old computers in school ) . she feel comfortable to talk to me , because she's sure that I will not tell any one about her problems, when I reach home I burst with tears , she is living in such hard circumstances, and her financial condition is really bad , I try to help her in simple things , like buy her stuff she needs , or in any possible way I can do , like in computer lesson , the teacher wanted us to create a computer program , she said "if you don't know you will have to go to a programmer and pay for him, but that will cost a lot " creating a program costs about 175000ID that is a LOT OF MONEY , Anariki and the kid helped me making the program and I added R's name next to mine in this project , as well as S my other best friend .
the computer teacher is so mean with R , she say " why don't you have computer ? ","are you illiterates ?"," only people who are …. You know don't have computers"" she means poor people , or" are you still illiterates" , " everyone have computers in their houses ? " can you believe that anyone in this world can say such things to a poor orphan ? I went to another teacher and told her , R really get hurt from the teacher's word , not all of the people in the world are rich and have computers .
Anyway I told R that I bought her a computer ( I didn’t until now , but I told her I did ,so that she can't refuse taking the present, pride issues again) , she refused first , but I convinced her hardly and told her that my relatives sell computes and they didn’t take so much money from me , ( she believed that , heheheh ) I don't lie , but I had to this time . she's extremely happy, but she still have doubts that we might be kidding or it's just a jock , but she will be sure that I am serious when the computer will be in her bedroom .
I told her because the girls condition was to tell R first , and if she agree they will bring the money ..
R's dad bought them a computer desk , and a chair before he died , he was planning to buy the computer on Sunday , but unfortunately he was killed on Thursday .

I contacted more organizations for Mohamed , but I didn't get a reply until now.
I knew about a child names Mohamed Gasim Mohamed , with a heart problem , i have his medical report and will contact the organizations , I hope they can send him abroad .
*****************************************
I did so bad in two chemistry exams , and I kept crying all the day after the second exam, not just me who did bad , most of the girls , it was a horrible day , I hate chemistry and it's teacher .
The questions in all the exams were really difficult.
I got a perfect mark in mathematics 50 out of 50 .
The Arabic teacher is teaching us a book not from the curriculum, this book called " Aqeel" and the people in university study it ( 4th class Arabic literature ) , I found it hard , but it is a new policy in school , more information and harder questions !
A week a go , while I was in school I heard shooting and explosions( it is normal , we hear shootings and explosions everyday ) , my friend's house is near the school , when she reached home , she didn't find her parents , her mom was injured badly and went to the hospital , the shrapnel harmed her mom's leg , the injury was deep and reached her vein.
She is ok now ..
I also collected money for paupers ,one of my teachers knew some poor people that needs money , and she asked us if we can help , I told her that I will . the girls brought good cash, my grandma made a bag for me , so that I put the money in .
Sunshine ..


Btw , I apologize to my friends who added me to skype when I formatted my computer I lost all of your address.. and I can't remember them.

32 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Set up a Paypal account so we can help you with your good work.

Charley

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine you are truly a amazing girl. With all that is going on in your part of the world you take time to help people less fortunate. The world could take lessons from you.

 
At 2:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dear One,

I want you to know how very proud I am of all your work. Your help for your friend with buying the computer is truly kindness and love at it's best. She will remember the act of love that you show her forever.
I am so sorry to hear about the deaths that you have to face. I pray every day for peace in this world. It is people like you who are going to make it come true by living your life as an example.
As for the exam...everyone, EVERYONE has times when the exams they take are tough. Don't be too disappointed in your mark. What the most important thing to remember is that you know the information. I find that when I mark tests, sometimes kids have poor sleeps, or aren't feeling well, or many other reasons and they don't do as well as they usually do. Just make sure you understand the material. That's what counts...not the actual mark on a test.
Oh, Sunshine, I am so proud of you for so many reasons. You are an amazing young woman and I wish nothing but joy and peace for you and your beloved family.
Be well Dear One and be safe.
XO
4

 
At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are truely amazing. You will be amazed years down the road at the will of what one person can do.

I agree, origanize a way for us to support your causes.

 
At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine,

I am 13 and live in the U.S. and just recently started reading your blog. You have encouraged me in so many ways - to appreciate what I have and when I'm lacking to do the right thing. It amazes me that you and your friends are raising money to buy your friend a computer when you could be using it for selfish purposes. Thank you for being a light to me and many other readers.

Cassidy

 
At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Sunshine:

Your generosity, love, intelligence and attitude are truly remarkable. We all love you for it. All the hardships that you are experiencing would cause many young people disaster. I am extremely happy that you can adjust to it so well. Your parents, grand parents and friends must all be proud of you. We are praying for your safety and success.

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine, by now you should know that most, if not, all of your readers from your blog applauds you on your work, your character and your persona.

Please set up a paypal account. We know you won't use it for selfish reasons. If every reader puts in a few dollars, that will equal to a few thousand dinars!! That can really help you in your cause.
Please consider this.

Kenny

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Marshmallow26 said...

Sunshine,

Great job young lady!!!!

You are so marvelous and remember the thing you are doing is niether to increase your credit nor to gain more plausible...it is not to glorify you but its all for God...

God put that work on you and found out how helpfull you are...

Believe me don't pay a heed for that malicious student who discourages every one and prevents from helping the poor lady.

You are a true angel on earth.

Take care darling :)

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See if you can set up a paypal account we will all help you.

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger Ingrid said...

Dear Sunshine, what exactly does little Mohammed need? I know not much good has come from the US for you but there are so many people who would love to reach out and help anyway possible. I heard about him via Miraj' blog (Baghdad Chronicles)who posted about your post. Also, do not listen to anyone saying 'this is stupid' or what have you. People who are friends might say, 'we worry about this or that pls reconsider this or that' and that shows concerns. Just putting something down saying it's stupid shows jealousy, or envy that you had a good idea in the first place. Or.. she just isn't a visionary like you because you can imagine something good, and she just cannot. Keep your spirit intact and follow your good intentions. Unless it's something dangerous, no one should talk you out of your heart's guidance. If something doesn't work out, well, you tried and that was the important thing. There is a Dutch saying, 'if you don't try, it certainly won't happen'.
All my best to you,
hugs
Ingrid

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger olivebranch said...

glad to have you back sadeeqti! Been toooo long since I heard from my dear sunshine :)

Take lots of care and have keep making the world a better place! You are amazingly good at it :)

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger David said...

Hello Sunshine,

Reading about your friend R made me feel very sad. However, your kindness in helping her gave me a good feeling also. You are indeed bringing Sunshine into the lives of other people! Take care.

To the readers who have suggested setting up a PayPal account, I echo your sentiments, but PayPal does not currently do business in Iraq, so there is no way to easily transfer funds from a PayPal account into Iraq. However, I found out recently that Western Union is operating in Iraq. Perhaps they could administer a charitable account.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger chikitita said...

Sunshine,

I salute your mum for having such a considerate daughter, Allah Ybarik Beech Ya Rab for all what you've been doing to help others.

 
At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sunshine, you're an amazing girl!
and it's absolutely beautiful what you manage to do.

 
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine, about three years ago an Afghani friend of mine went back to Kabul to visit and ran into an old friend he had gone to school with, whos son was in a similar situation as Mohammed. We were able to send money via Western Union to help the family get to India where the little boy got the help he needed. He is fine now. Keep trying. A spirit as strong as yours is unstoppable.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger In His Steps said...

I marvel Sunshine at how you are working in people's lives at such a young age. I feel that God has even greater things ahead in your life. Bless you.

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What u are doing is sooooooo nice, the whle wourld should be treating others like u treat people. People could understand so much more if they tried looking form ur point of view.

Down in New Zealand we dont hear stuff like this on the news. Well we do but not in this way.

Brooke

 
At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing that you're willing to do that for a friend. Keep on going and may you have all the luck, grace and happinees in the world!

 
At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

تبرىء الكلمات في القلوب

ثم همس الرب في قلوبنا...
الكلمات تصل حيث لا يقدر السلاح

سألنا حكيم قريتنا، كيف ينزل الدفء
على النفوس والشيطان
قد ألقى بسمومه المفضلة
خوفاً ويأساً وكراهية
على القلوب البريئة
كما الرماد من محرقة السعادة

كيف تنام عيون الايمان
وسرير الأمل
تفترشه ملاءة القنوط الشاحب
وعيون الحنث الفاسدة
تنتهك حرمة الكلمات المقدسة
وتسعد باغتيال هدايا السماء

وسألنا :كيف يبتسم الخير
ويصفع الكره الفضيلة من وجه الخجل
و أتباعه يشوهون ويحرفون فى نفوس ضحاياهم
حتى يصل الاعتقاد
بأن الإثم فضيلة والقتل عدالة والكره هو الحب

تحدث الحكيم
بصوته الخفيض وقال
أن للشيطان أتباع
يغتسلون في أنهار النبيذ في حادي*
وبعشق السخرية الفارغ
يحصدون نفوساً مغشوشة جنيت بمنجل الانتحار

مستحيل أن يكون الطريق إلى الفردوس مرصوفاً
بجثث الأبرياء - عبر نهرٍ من الدم
اعتنقوا مد الحق وجزره الرائع في قلوبكم
تقبّلوا الشك والعار أينما كانوا
لكي تدركوا أن النفس تسعد بالعطف وليس بالانتقام

سطع صوته كالضوء وقال:
ابحثوا بشجاعة في أعماق قلوبكم
بلا نفاق ولا خداع ولا إجحاف
وحين تلمسوا الايمان هناك
ستنزل الكلمات الالهيه دواءً للقلوب
مثل مطر أبدي يجذبه البحر دائماً
حتى يرتفع ليملأ حرم النفوس
بودٍ عميق هادىء ويغدو سلاماً
على شواطىء العزم الالهي.


[أرض الموتى في الأساطير الاغريقية*

أبريل 2006

 
At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...really ur posts are good..its so sad about whatever going on in your part of the world..
http://taleharte.blogspot.com

 
At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try this link for the kid with the heart condition.

http://shriners.com/

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By my SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION about Travel Agent I have found your site.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger SoldierWhoLovesIraqis said...

You have to be one of the sweetiest kids on the planet. Thank you for posting and for all you do.

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sunshine. My name is Ashley I live in Florida USA. I am 13 years old and my mom showed me your blog. Both of my neighbors, Monica and Kyle are military and just came back from Iraq. They tell us that there is more going on in Iraq than what we hear on the TV and the radio. My mom says it might be a good thing if I got a pen pal in Iraq, someone my age that I can write back and forth with. I am not just curious about your country, I want to talk about BOYS! and other stuff. I want to know what your life is like and I will tell you what mine is like. My mom thinks it's a good idea to find out about other people. How do I give you my e-mail (mom is worried about me posting it here in the comments). We are off school now for the Christmas break so I will have lots of time to write to you. I think it would be cool to know someone in Iraq my age. I live near a military base and my neighbors and friends parents have all been there. Hope you write back, Ashley.

 
At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel guilty for buying things I don't need. I will work to give others the right to live, rather than to please myself. Thank you Sunshine.

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, everyone you have a great blog here! Check out this site ass site. a lot of cool stuff here about ass .

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiger Woods is an incredible golfer, probably the best ever. golf clubs It's lighter (299 grams to 325 for the SuperQuad), has a longer shaft (46 inches to 45), which should create more momentum in the swing. The modified Stableford system on the PGA tour is a thing of the past, as The International (a favorite among players because of the hospitality) was closed down forever. You know, a football player, you can get two broken hands, they just tape you up and you go play because you can work around them.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am a regular visitor of your blog and always find something new at your site. I have come up with some new findings and want to share it with you.
I just launched a family 2.0 social network and would like to invite you for the review of the service and provide feedback to andy@kincafe.com.

 
At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heyyy
my name is rida rayyast
im form pakistan..but living in usa right now..omg i know how hard your life is..well i dont know exactly but i guess i can imagine it
k
tcc
email me sometimess...pakigirl30@yahoo.com
i pray that the war stops soon...inshallah hopefully
salam

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

we two females from egypt we 24 years old we have good look singles want to apply for jobs as arabic teacher in any country
we have university degree from Alex university and courses in computer and we good in English
we interested to work in your place
if you agree about us send to us what's the paper we must do for jobs
send to us if you need arabic teachers
contact to serious people only please
v012010@gmail.com

 
At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

انت فعلا رائعه
اتمنى ان اراك على سكايب
baghdad55555
See you then.

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

انت فعلا رائعة و مثالا رائعا لكل انسان لازال يشعر بانسانيته وانا لاا ستغرب من هكذا موقف لانك عراقية شريف
مع تحياتي سمسم من العراق

 

Post a Comment

<< Home