Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Thursday, March 04, 2010

The 7th of march ...

The elections will be on Sunday, the 7th of march , as I became 18 years old ,I'll be able to vote for the first time, if there won't be any cheating, then my voice will be important, and may make a difference, so I searched in the web and read about the candidates , it is every citizens' responsibility to think and make some research before electing. So I hope and pray that al_ Iraqia list will win , maybe if they win , Iraq will be safer and better place, the candidates there are better than the candidates in other parties, they are more educated , and from original Iraqi families who have loyalty to Iraq not any other country, as well as I support the laity party..
We are just tired from living in horror , we don't want to lose more people we love, this war was bloody and I just want it to end and be a bad memory in my life .. I wonder if my relatives abroad will come back, I didn't see my only aunt for 5 years, and my cousins doesn't know me.. Iraqis want their lives back… I can't wait till the day I'll wake up and open the curtains in my room and see life in my neighborhood again instead of a ghost city, I can't wait till the day that we'll remove the wood we placed over the windows, I wonder always if I and all Iraqis will ever feel relief.. I have so many hopes and plans for that day, wonder when will it come ..
I want to hear good news about rebuilding my country, the developing and improving in economy, not how many people who were killed..
The situation is so bad in the city, about three weeks ago, the Christian started to get threatening messages to leave to the countryside, the terrorists began to kill Christian guys, old men, women, they spread the fear among this peaceful Iraqi cast.. some Christians left the city, others decided to stay as they have jobs, schools, and also felt afraid to leave their house along, as last year the terrorists exploded their empty houses.. the ministries announced orders in the beginning not to give any Christian a leave, so many Christians were killed in their way to their jobs or universities.
A new engaged guy was killed, a man in his sixties, a woman was killed inside her house and in front of her son, collage students we killed, 3 men from the same family were killed inside their house, and many others. Those events broke our hearts, and the government didn't take any serious reaction to protect this Iraqi peaceful cast. But the previous decision was canceled the Christians got an open time leave from their jobs.

Why? why did that happen? Who's behind forcing the Christians to leave?
Political parties fight each other, and the victims are those innocents.. all of that murders and frightening was because of the election, to force the Christians to go to the countryside , and ban them from participating ..
What makes me so angry and so frustrated is, when there is a "weeping ceremony " the country become in an emergency situation, so many soldiers and a very serious secured procedures is taken to protect the Shiites ,. While the government didn't ensure the safety of the Christians who only wanted to continue their daily lives, go to school, or work normally , it is so unfair ..
I was getting ready for college and my neighbors called us, they had to leave the house, it was a very painful view when they brought the keys of their house , their car was full of pillows, clothes, and their stuff, their mother gave us the key will eyes full of tears..
My other next door neighbors also gave us their house's key and money, and left the city ..
My Christian classmates left the city, as well as the students who came from other cities had to go back home, the national guards told them to go home a week before the election!! so my other class mates and I decided to stop going to collage until the Christians and the students from other cities come back (solidarity).
Sunshine

16 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger Kadam007 said...

I strongly condemn the horrible situation in Iraq. I just HOPE that situation gets better after the elections. I am afraid Christian population are getting extinct in Iraq and the middle east.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Ripama said...

Sunshine...Saddened to hear about the continuing troubles. I don't have any answers.

I'm glad to hear you're excited about voting. One warning though. Don't be discouraged if the people you voted for don't win. I've been voting for 31 years, and I don't win as much as I lose.

I don't know how they broadcast election results in Iraq, but over hear they don't announce who is leading until after 8:00pm when the polls close. Some elections are more nerve wracking than others, but after a couple of days, life goes on as normal, in a manner of speaking.

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sunshine, I am a nineteen year old girl who came across your blog today. I am American. I have no idea what the situation is like over in Iraq. I am guilty of not paying attention. I am sorry. I do not know what you believe, but I believe in a God who watches over His people. I promise to pray for you everyday. I promise to pray for your country. God be with You,
K. Rae

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger berny said...

sunshine - we found your post so true and important that decided to translate it in Italian, as part of a new project called "Voci Globali", a partnership between Global Voices Online and the daily La Stampa website


here is the Italian post - hope it's ok and you like it ;)

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Sunshine said...

hello all, thanks for commenting, it means a lot for me to know that there are people round the world who are concerned ..
**********
berny, thank you so much for translating my post to italian and for letting my voice reach the Italian people ..
Sunshine

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Anne Snyder said...

I thought you might like to know that your "7th of March" blog entry will be linked to the front page of in the "Iraq Election" section later today. It will remain posted for the weekend.

Your blog entry was beautifully written, insightful, and I am sure enlightening for our readers.

You can contact me at asnyder@heldref.org if you have any questions or comments.

Best regards,
Anne Snyder
World Affairs

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Stefano Ignone said...

Ehi Sunshine! I did the translation for your post with Berny's supervision, I read your blog since a long time and you really give us abroad a special insight on your country!
I hope you enjoy your first election day!

Stefano

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A warning to K. Rae. Sunny will at times torture us with pics of delicious food. I swear I'm going to show up there one of these days knocking on the door saying "Something really smells goooooood!"
Sunshine I fear it's going to be quite a while before it's safe for Christian Iraqis. It's people like you and your friends that will make change possible. Keep your Sun Shining !
Solo

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Sunshine said...

Thanks a lot Anee,and i am so glad you liked my post ..

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Crusader said...

Hi Sunshine!

I am sure you don't remember me but I emailed you a couple of years ago. I have been reading about your life for years...

I just want to say what an inspiration you have been to so many as we have watched you grow from a brave, articulate young girl to an accomplished young woman.


You have done so great under the worst of possible conditions, and no matter what good intentions we AMericans may have had life has been hell on Earth at times for you in so many different ways.

Through it all you have always remained hopefull and just plugged away...so many times I just wanted to come give you a big hug! (I know hugs are considered bad in many islamic circles, so I mean the just big ole friendship hug don't ya know!)

I think that things may finally be lifting....with good results from the election, and with your generation coming to power...well why not a happy ending? I hope so so much!

I pray for you always Sunshine!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Sunshine,

I'm a 23 year old American, and I want to say that I'm really impressed by your resilience and your love for your country. I also appreciate the chance to hear from inside about its current state. The American news media only reports on bombings and when our troops will leave, so we never hear about the different political parties or discrimination against Christians or the other things you discussed. I wish you luck in your studies to be an engineer and for the safety of you and your family.

-AD.

 
At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Michael, UK said...

Best wishes to you from England.
Most people in the world do want to live together in peace and we want to help Iraq to become a peaceful, normal country, with "peace at home and peace abroad".
I strongly believe and hope that your politicians want good things for your citizens; and the other important thing is for there to be a strong and GOOD army and police force. I pray that you will have all these things.

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there sunshine,

You are a very strong and clever girl. I admire your courage and keep on going telling the world about day to day live in Iraq. I hope one day all your dreams will come true and all your familymembers will be part of that day!!

hurm

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger James said...

Hello and best wishes from England.

It sounds like you're going through some rough times.

Just to let you know that we're with you and support you - despite what you may hear about the anti-war faction in our countries there are a many of us who want the best for you.

 
At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Ramsen said...

Hi Sunshine! I'm an Assyrian living in Chicago. As Assyrians, we of course are also Iraqi Christians. I too have family back home and pray for their safety. I will also be praying for the safety of you and your relatives. May God Bless you and grant you strength. Thank you for posting these blog entries, God Bless.

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Elimar Licos said...

thanks for sharing, an eye opener.
please keep on writing things about iraq. let the world know, muslims and christians are brothers, that both desires PEACE and can live together AS ONE in peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home