Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Saturday, January 29, 2011

My 19th Birthday ...

Today I celebrated my 19th birthday with my family members, we made a small party together, sang "happy birthday", then I made a wish and blow off my candles ..
as I am having exams and my friend's cannot come, I'm going to postponed the big party after the exams …
Wow, I look back to age 18, a year passed carrying good and happy events, as well as hard times that made me stronger, more independent, and more experience to face the future …
I have a lot to be thankful for.. I thank god for protecting me and my family , giving us health, pleasure, and keeping us together..
And I thank my mother for being such a great model for me, and for supporting me and guiding me to be a good , kind and successful person ..
Each year, I remember the experiences I got through , and what I've learnt as a whole year passed in my life ..
Now as I am 19 years old lady ,I have different perspective and thoughts than a year ago and more confidence in myself, and also excited to start another year , I feel like I stared to put the basic steps to build my own life in the last two years, starting of my decision to study engineering…
So, what do I know more than any time before ??
I realized that, satisfaction is not when I have everything I want, it is when I feel happy about everything I have .
And my value as a person is not measured with the things I own, in fact when people value themselves depending on material things and they are humiliating themselves.
,they are in their lives, I realized that to be happy and successful doesn’t mean I have to believe in my models' thoughts or live like their lives to achieve the same, but, I can have my unique way to succeed and add their experiences to mine, and learn from their patience and strength ..
I realized that Simplicity is everything ..
I realized that, when I have a family and good health, then I have everything..
And when my mom is pleased about me, then I am the happiest person ever ..
Happiness come from ourselves as well as misery, sometimes unexpected things happen and I can turn them to a good ones by my attitude..

I realized that, my past made me who I am, but my thoughts and believes will determine my future, and I can't have experiences unless I have the bravery to try new things ..
I realized that when I plan for my life, it's better to put standers and qualities than timing-schedule, because sometimes opportunities come in unexpected times …
Appearances is just an illusion, people take care of small details and material things to hide ,or to take sights away from their imperfection, or be loved ,accepted , and get along with others , so they copy each other which I call "blind apery" , such people I don't care about their thoughts… when I know inside my heart that I am right then I should be committed to my principles..
I can't succeed and feel tension in the same time .. If I am surrounded with hard circumstances beyond my control, then I should only focus on having a cool mood and relax , because feeling tension will make the problems doubled ..
pleasing people is impossible and I should never be afraid from people more than my fear from god .
and finally, I realize now and every day, that my faith in god should always be number one, and when I put god in my priority, my life will be more than my expectations ..
Note: I have a convention to make, it is a special 19th birthday which I am going to remember, because my exams are coming, and I am studying during my midyear holiday as well as I got chicken pox , I have cute red little pimples , it' is funny people call me and say " really? Chicken pox?? We had it since we were two years old or so" hehe
Everything is special in my birthday !!!
Sunshine

19 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sunshine! I have been reading your blog sine you started and you seem to be doing pretty good in your area. I hopr you have a great future.

sincerely,
David

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Ayuni said...

Happ birthday!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Dancewater said...

good luck with the exams and I hope the chicken pox is not too bad for you!

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Ghadeer said...

Happy Birthday! The cakes look very cute and delicious!

I had the same experience last year- when I got chicken pox, and missed my university's mid-term exams, and everyone found it hilarious that I had chicken pox at 18 instead of at 1 or 2 years

I even blogged about it here:
http://spill-beans.blogspot.com/2010/06/im-dotted.html

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Michael said...

A very happy birthday to you! I wish you many, many more birthdays. Peace be upon you.

 
At 4:00 AM, Anonymous Wayne said...

Happy birthday again Dear Sunshine. I love all of the wonderful things you posted in this post except the chicken Pox. I am sorry to hear about it but know you will be alright.

I was happy to read in your last post that Aunt Rose and her family were doing alright. Also glad your grandparents in Baghdad could visit her.

I am glad that you trust God to help you. I pray for you and all innocent people at least one time every day.

Hope you have many more happy years.

AL UMIR AL TAWEEL INSHALLA!!!

gRANDPA

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger programmer craig said...

Happy birthday Sunshine :)

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Waldorf Hotel London said...

Happy birthday Sunshine! Keep on shining :)

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 19th birthday from Texas! I hope you get over the chicken pox very soon and best wishes on your exams! We are very proud of you!

Steve from Texas

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Ripama said...

Happy Birthday! Good Luck with your exams, and may your little red spots find a new home on someone else's face.

 
At 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday! chicken pox is no fun. have you been following the egypt uprising?

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday, sunshine.
thankyou for sharing your thoughts on this special day. I too have been following this blog since you were 14. good luck with the exams.
starliz

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
All dreams come true.
Some people say that when you pass 18 time stars to come faster.
Ps. cakes look delicious :)

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Ashif Sameel said...

Happy Birthday.. may allah bless u

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Ashif Sameel said...

WISH U MANY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY...
MAY ALLAH FULFILL ALL UR WISHES AND ALL UR DREAMS COME TRUE....

 
At 4:56 AM, Anonymous Wayne said...

Tomorrow is Valentine Day. I wanted to wish you a very happy valentine day because me and many people all over the world love you very much. HAPPY VALENTINE DAY DEAR.

Grendpa

 
At 2:25 AM, Anonymous Roy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sunshine. I have followed your blog since you started and was always amazed at how well you did through all you have had to endure. I am even more happy to see how you have grown up to a very intelligent young woman. You will do well in life. After what you have lived through Chicken Pox is nothing.

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger trevort3 said...

Happy Birthday! Great blog, really entertaining and informational. please check out my blog at http://lifelifelife626.blogspot.com/

thank you so much, best wishes!

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sunshine... I know this is just another comment for you, but even so, I would like you to read it. I... Well, I want you to know that I've found a magazine, old one year, and I've told myself that I'll check it out. I found one Real Life story, and it was about this blog. I've checked it out and I found this - it's amazing, and sad. The story was so, so cruel and sad and REAL. I cried when I was reading it. I was sort of... Special story. I thought about all the dead people and about your sad life... It must be horrible for you. I want you to know that I'm with you - I can't be with you in Iraq, but still... I want you to know that I'm with you. :-) Thank you for letting me and my friends know about the horrible things in this world... I owe you a big THANK YOU :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home