Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Stop the bloodshed..

We didn't have internet connection for about a week, because of a sandstorm two weeks ago, and I have a very busy schedule as our final exams will be on 27/5, I feel like a big part is missing which is "Free time"
The situation in Mosul is horrible, The terrorists attacked the Christian students in their way to collage, some were killed and others were injured, it was shocking news, and we all felt so worried about our Christian friends and classmates .
Since the election, the terrorists forced the Christians to leave Mosul, the majority left to the nearby villages, and every day they come to work, school, and try to live their daily lives, but with a heart full of fear..
My neighbors left Mosul, leaving behind a big space in neighbors' hearts, we call them constantly, they come from time to time to take necessary things from their house, and couple of days ago, their dad came to say hello and brought a nice jasmines bouquet ..
My next door neighbors are still hiding in their home, they went to Syria for three months and then came back, we talk from the fence, and our sight are always directed to their door, watch who's in and out, whenever we see someone knocking their door, we open our door and watch silently, this make them feel more secured, to know the neighbors are watching their back .. we visited them last week, a life like this is truly unbearable, they can't go to work, shop, whenever the bill rings they expect the worse .. I have deep sorrow.. their daughter got married last Friday, without a celebration or a party, her husband picked her up and they went to the north, it is safer for them.
All of that is happening while the politicians fight each other, and try to take over the incumbency..
Every day in my way to collage, my heart ache to see the black sings carrying names of the young people who were killed " 'by a perfidy action", some are Christians , and others are non, no one deserve to die like that..
I wonder for how long this situation will last, we did reach the bottom, and I wish there will not be worse situations, although every day I say "it can't be worse" and in the next morning I wake up trying to feel optimistic and then find the day even worst ! ..
At last, I can't do anything but praying to god, may he protect Iraqis, and Iraq, may he bless the souls of the martyrs and give their families and friends the patience, and heal the wounds of the injured Iraqis …
May the bloodshed stop, and may peace come soon ..
Sunshine

27 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the day comes soon where all in Iraq can live free and peacefully. Stay safe.

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

may God accept our prayers and protect all iraqis.
waiting to hear good news about the situation of mosul and ur grades.
im proud of you.
keep safe

B.D

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger mel @ loved handmade said...

May your prayers be answered, Sunshine. What a very brave young woman you are. My thoughts & prayers are with you too...

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Santa Rosa New School Aikido said...

Joining with you in your prayer for peace, Sunshine. Thank you for letting us know what is happening in your world. Take best of care.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Ripama said...

Sunshine

It sounds as though the situation is becoming more dire. It may be time to leave.

Safety is more important than pride.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger AlanNJuneanne said...

Sunshine,
I am SO enjoying reading your blog. My husband is in Iraq, working. He has been there for three years and two months now. I found your blog because he is sending me some bags of Basra lemons, for tea. Funny! I have been reading your blog entries now for over an hour. Forget the tea! hahahaha. I hope we can become friends. I once had the nickname Sunshine, long ago. Glad to have found you.

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Roy said...

Well this is not the news I had hoped to read from your new posting. I was wishing for the good news we had been reading from your last post. I can just hope and pray that life gets back to normal for all the people in Iraq.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Oman Collective Intelligence said...

I agree with Ripama, maybe it is time to leave and wait for better days to come.

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous katie said...

dear sunshine...
hope all is well....just want you to know that alot of people are behind you where i come from.... and we are supporting you...stay safe>>>.xoxo

 
At 3:14 AM, Anonymous Wayne said...

shukran gazeelan my dear grand-daughter. al umir al taweel inshalla. I am so sorry to hear of all the difficulties you are having and hope all will get a lot better soon. With your knowledge I am sure you will be a success. I just hope it all happens soon.

Ma'a al salama

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Senthil Murugan said...

Hi,

I am from india doing my engineering..This is the first time i am seeing ur blog..its really heart-breaking to know whats happening in ur country..i glanced the blog.I never imagined these things are happening around the world....Its really terrible..And i am very happy to see ur blog and person like u in my life....

Whatever help u need for ur engineering, ask me..I will try my level best to help u...


www.senthil-life.blogspot.com

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

All this ethnic stife is terrible. Iraq is diminished as a society when this happened. Baghdad once had a large Jewish population. . .all gone, Mandeans have largely left and now Christians, who have roots in Nineveh that predate Islam, are being forced out. Islam claims to have much in common with "faiths of the Book", the terrorists are very non islamic in their passion for ethnic cleansing and murder of innocents. It is all very tragic.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Frankie said...

Sunshine,
I want you to know how much you make me feel. It makes me sad to know what is going on in Iraq. I am a teenager living in New Zealand and our lives are completely different.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Frankie

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine, I think you are an incredibly courageous young woman, and I am proud of you.
You are opening my eyes to many things I know little about, and I am very thankful for that. I wish you peace, happiness and safety.

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Joanna Salameh ** said...

Dear Sunshine,
I really like your blog because it's honest, sincere and REAL, unlike so many blogs out there that twist things because they find them taboo.
I truly hope that Iraq will see brighter days, because the situation there is simply discusting!
My name is Joanna Salameh, I'm 18 years old and I'm from Lebanon.
So we're sort of related! Lol

My blog is: www.life--simply.blogspot.com
Make sure you check in and leave comments!
Take care of yourself!

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger BunnyC said...

May God answer your prayers Sunshine. Stay safe and I will continue to pray for the day we all have peace.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger me :) said...

stay safe! your blogs great, I admire your optimism

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Macloud said...

Hey sunny! how are ya girl?
what has come up by exams? any hard questions? lol
how's everything? any big plans for the holiday? whatt about your book? when will it be published? and how can we get it?

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger middleyears3 said...

hello there - this is an indigenous Year 9 class from a community called Ngukurr in the Northern Territory, Australia and we have been learning about refugees and asylum seekers and we have just been reading your blog 'iraq in real life'. we are feeling very sad about you and your family and we hope that all your dreams come true!!!!

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May god give the peace in your life

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sunshine,
we admire your will make the world better for you and your people. After reading your blog, we believe with you, believe in day when the fear leave your land and the all world will protect your lives. We believe with you in higher Good. Mary and Jela from Slovakia

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger ...on the brink of something beautiful said...

praying for peace.
thank you for writing and sharing all of this with those of us that may not otherwise know.
love, kel

 
At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll pray for you too. InshaAllah all will be well soon! Stay strong.

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless you. Let all your prayers be answered. Have hope in world peace.

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Raniah said...

hello Sunshine!

My name is Noor, I am from Indonesia and I have been reading your blog for sometime and I know that God will always protect you, your family and your country.
I'm studying International Study, If you dont mind, I would like to exchange some ideas about life teens life in Iraq. Please contact me at missranabella@hotmail.com
I would really appreciate your kindness.
Thank you very much :) :)

 
At 3:39 AM, Anonymous joannaandros said...

I'm getting concerned that there have been no posts for over a month. Joanna Andros

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger The Jacks said...

Hi Sunshine,
i found your blog through a magazine here called Frankie, there was an article about it.
I have been reading back on your older posts and i think your courage and strength is amazing.
You have really opened my eyes to lots of things. My thoughts and prayers are with you all the way from Tasmania, Australia.
I hope you don't mind me following now, so i can keep up with you and what is happening. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home