Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Only few hours vacation ...

Ramadan Kareem to you all..
May this peaceful month, brings it's blessings and mercies to Iraq, may the bloodshed stop, and may all Iraqis live in peace .. it is the month where Muslims in my country fast, don't eat nor drink anything from 3:30 am, till 7 pm ..
This order from god make us appreciate god's blessings and feel the paupers' feelings, understand their suffering so that we always remember to help them.
Fasting in Iraq is not like fasting in other countries, first the temperature is so hot, and we don't have electricity as you know, beside the very high prices for food, oil, and everything .
I do like Ramadan, it's the month that Muslims dedicate themselves to god more than any other time, read al Quran, and pray, so it is a religious month..
And it is a generous month, when people help others, prepare al Futoor (the meal when we break our fasting) to those in need ..
and it's a forgiving month, god forgive the people who've done mistakes if they truly regret it, and also people should forgive each other before Ramadan starts, they shouldn't start fasting and they have feud toward each other .. so, it is the month of all good manners that Muslims should have during the whole year, it is a reminding month..
I feel tired, emotionally and physically because of studying, students need rest, that's why we have the "summer holiday' but apparently students in engineering collages can't rest!
Sometimes I wake up feeling well, other times upset and bored from studying..
I miss doing my hobbies, I miss reading, doing handmade work, cooking, playing musical keyboard, or just giving my brain a rest,sometimes I spend like an hour or so doing things I can, but this makes me feel even more upset that in this vacation I couldn't do any of those more often..
I miss writing to you more than anything else, but I promise to write after my exams .. I really need your prayers!
********************************************
Before Ramadan started, we went to the north, to Dhook , in a picnin, we spent really lovely time, first we had breakfast in Sararash (summer resort), the weather was cool in the morning.
Then we went to Ashawa ..
we went there many times, it has a great waterfall , I could feel the spray of water when I stand up away from it, this year when I got their and looked at the "waterfall" it was like if someone was pouring a bucket of dirty water !!
But we had a nice time, because a group from Baghdad came ..they danced , swam, and played music….


Then, we went back to Dhook .
There, we had lunch in a restaurant called "shandokha", and went to Dhook dam, Mazy mall, and Dream city, and also we made a surprise to my father, we bought a cake and went out to the park singing "happy birthday" .
I had a nice day, out of the daily routine , I hope all cities in Iraq be as northern part safe, clean, and have a better service like electricity, water, and traffics !! we deserve a better life, we have the will to change the situation, to rebuild our country, the only thing we need is a good government that don't work against its citizens , the one that cooperate with us and invest the sources of Iraq instead of stealing it ..
Let's hope for a better tomorrow ..
Sunshine..

13 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Ghadeer said...

I'm on vacation in Northern Iraq too right now. I pray that one day this positive attitude and beauty and order and cleanliness makes its way to the whole of Iraq, inshaa-Allah.

 
At 3:34 AM, Anonymous dr.versatile said...

Hello Sunshine.
Really it's too hard to study during fasting, may God help you to pass the year and reward you the living in Heaven. It's good to have little time for rest, you could go to open space and have some fresh air.
you will have much of the spare time after examinations time, also Mosul has a nice fall time will help you to write.
Try your best and we will pray for you.

Salam

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kurdistan is a beautiful place. I am very happy you got a day to enjoy it and relax. Life is about finding joy everyday not just planning for a future.

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Ripama said...

1 year down, 3 more to go.

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An newspaper article from the former U.S. ambassador to Iraq:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/30/AR2010083003773.html

I hope you have a comment about it.

I served in the U.S. occupation forces in South Korea in the 1970s and learned -- to my surprise -- that even the Koreans who did not like the Korean government preferred the Americans to continue the occupation. Apparently, they felt that we were "honest brokers" and that, if we American soldiers left, the Korean government would become more despotic.

 
At 4:06 AM, Anonymous Wayne said...

Ramadan Kareem Dear Sunshine:

I am happy to know that you had the wonderful day off. The pictures are beautiful. Only problem of going to that lovely waterfall is the misquitos there when it is so hot.

Please relax a little on your study for your exams. Take a hour or two off and then start again.

I am glad to hear that you celebrated your father's birthday. I am sure he was happy.

There are people all over the world who love you and want you to be happy and successful.

Shukran Gazeelan for all your lovely work. I pray to God for you every day and hope you will enjoy your life.

Grndpaw

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the pictures are beautiful

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger commemorate life said...

nice vacantion pictures

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger Nadine said...

I hope that you will soon get a break and be able to post more. I'm a new follower and really enjoy your blog. You sound exhausted but in a few years it will all be worth it when you play an integral part in rebuilding your country. :)

 
At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Keith Edwards said...

Sending you prayers! Hope you had a wonderful ramadan.

http://ilovekeithedwards.com

 
At 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like fun! i love the statue of the lion. you got some good pictures! i think young people like yourself wil change iraq for the better!

 
At 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the picture you took of the waterfall! really pretty. write when you can. no pressure. school is important! nice to have free time tho

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sunshine
have fun and try to relax too much of anything isnt good so just try to relax thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
your favorite reader tim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home