Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Saturday, October 02, 2010

A quarter engineer!

Finally, I finished my second turn exams, and now I am enjoying 6 days of holiday , I want to do all things I wanted to do in the summer holiday, so I feel busy !
I went shopping three times, had a new hair cut, went to a party, and I am reading a great book "enjoy your life" which was a gift from Dr. versatile to my mom (thanks Dr.)
And I have other plans, like making a dramatic change in my bedroom, invite my relatives to lunch, and go to the gold market which is like a tradition I have before starting a new academic year, the majority of my savings are dedicated for buying golden jewels (bejeweled and treasury), I enjoy wearing them and whenever I need money in the future I can sell them. It is such a great way for saving.
Although I didn't have a holiday in the summer, but I actually feel excited to start a new academic year, each day is a new step to achieve my goal in the currier I chose, now I am a quarter engineer!
Only few people I know chose to study engineering , the majority of students attend it because of the marks they got in the pacaloria exams.
The reason why people prefer medical colleges is, they can get a job, while so many Iraqi engineers are unemployed, but when I was thinking about this huge decision my best friend madcanuck encouraged me to chose engineering, because I'd rather find difficulty and delay in finding a job for a currier I love, than getting a job easily in a carrier I don't like. And I prayed a lot to make the right decision, even if engineering is the most difficult college here, and our professors are so stiff and try to make us feel hopeless , but it worth it, and I have no doubt about what kind of life I planned to..
A week ago, I was studying for my last exam, and I felt so bothered because of the annoying kids in my neighborhood who were kicking our garage door , I was looking through the window, and missed my old neighborhood before the war, the old neighbors, and old spirit, it was a classy place, now it is like a village!
I remember waking up on Friday, before the war, and my grandpa was preparing to clean the street in front of our house, and I decided to help him, another neighbor saw us and gave a hand of help, then the other did the same and so on, in a short time all neighbors went out and we all worked together, cleaned the street, and then my grandpa started to pick of the fruit in our garden and other kids offered to help, and grandpa gave them fruit in return , and after that we played with bicycles.. now, those kids are collage students, and they left the neighborhood ..
So many neighbors who were professors, doctors , engineers were threatened and sold their houses, as well as the Christian neighbors.. we're still in touch, but the neighborhood will never be the same after they left .. we want to leave this neighborhood, but grandpa doesn't want to, he says he have memories in every corner of this house, he designed it and built it, and he's not leaving no matter how hard we try to convince him!
Enojoy your neighborhoods,
Sunshine

21 Comments:

At 2:11 AM, Blogger Roxanne Ocasio said...

Stay strong!! College is tough here even in the U.S. The professors don't care at all if you pass or fail. I'm lucky to have a nice professor for one of my classes. I'm studying to be a teacher, so I can understand being afraid of not finding a job. (We don't have many teaching jobs where I live).

I enjoy reading your blog!! Please keep writing. :)

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Dr. Versatile said...

Hello Sunshine.
Hope you got a happy vacation although of its being short. Hope this experience of the second term is the last one. Mabrouk for the jewelry.
It is a bravery of you to choose what you like, that helps you to be a creative. Anyway; the young men would rather pick a college that helps them to get a job, as the fact they have to build their new independent life, so they have a huge responsibility.
Thanks for mentioning an important point of the brain drain, migration of the original citizens and changing the real culture and civilization, although in a lesser extent; it also happens in my neighborhood and others.
I think your grandfather had a point of view, he had a whole life in this house, tooooo hard for him.
And for the book you are welcome, I am glad that both of you and doctor mama liked it.
Salami.
Dr. Versatile.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Sunshine said...

Roxie, thanks for commenting and good luck ...
Dr.Versatile You're definitely right , youngmen think about how to get a job as they are responsible of a family and planning for a life , that's why they'd rather choose a collage they don't like just to find a job easier.
Anyway, I am not worried about getting a job, it is still too early to think about that
اذا اهمك رزق غد فمن يكفل قدوم غد ؟
I also love our house, it is big and have a nice garden (I published pictures in old posts), but the new neighbors are so annoying!
Again, the book is amazing, and I am reading page 220 now :D it reminds me of " la tahzan" , the greatest book ever .
Sunshine

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Dr. Versatile said...

Ma sha' Allah, you have had a fruitful time with all the activities you performed in these few days.
By the way I saw 2 books entitled "la tahzan" of two writers, of whom should I buy?
Good luck.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Sunshine said...

the one written by Aith al Qurani, it is amazing, i read it 3 times :D
Thanks for commenting ..

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous 蒐證 said...

Whats up ! Love your blog thanks for sharing it with everyone

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Roy said...

Enjoy your short vacation. It's been awhile since we have heard from you. I know you are busy with school.

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you Sunshine. stick to what you feel is right for you. Only three quarters to go. take care. starliz

 
At 4:18 AM, Anonymous Wayne said...

Thank you for telling us what is happening. I am happy to know that you finally finished your second course final exam and got to take a short vacation. I am glad that you enjoyed your days away from college.

It is sad to know that your neighbors are so mean. I hope they improve.

Keep up the good work. I am hoping it will give you a very successful career.

I pray for you every day and want you to enjoy life.

Alif Mabrook!!!

Your Grandpaw Wayne

 
At 2:23 AM, Anonymous egypt-panorama.com said...

thanks for you

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Ayuni said...

Assalamualaikum,

your blog is quite interesting....really like to read it....

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Fluzão Eterno said...

have some blogs and would like to propose you a partnership to link,
I have done a wide dissemination with my blogs so increasing my visits
my partners will also be receiving more hits on their blogs as well,
and is a great way of being disseminating our work, which I would do all
of my partnership with her, but if not please tell me what you want with
what we will do likewise, a big hug, congratulations on your blog and I'm waiting
to accept the partnership

Science
Recipes
Car News
Jokes
News Tecnology
Curiosity
Net Technology
Academics
Estate
Games

please help me with this partnership

 
At 3:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really like your blog! i came across it a few days ago because i was curious of what a student's life was like in the mideast. i think it's cool that you and your neighbors helped each other out. we could learn a lot from that over in the us! good luck with school! do you like reading? it's great when you have teachers who understand you. i had a few in high school and who i still keep in touch with now. love your blog!

 
At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and also, while it is important to make money, also choose something to study that you love.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Freedom said...

Hey Sunshine,

I'm an engineer & I know the difficulties but, as much as it is difficult as much as it is worthy.
Engineering's field is a creation's field, lots of new ideas.
I don't know which branch of engineering you are but in general, it is worthy & you shouldn't worry about finding jobs, because you can find it.

Keep going!

Freedom + WEVA. (from easternliberty blog).

 
At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've followed your progress! You have made me so proud. Grandpa fm Florida

 
At 6:12 AM, Anonymous kateaddict said...

I love reading about your life Sunshine. Keep posting...

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Sunshine! I'm in high school in the U.S. and began to read your blog for one of my classes and find it so interesting! I hope you keep posting, because I would enjoy continuing to read your blog. Also, so I have a question...you described what your neighborhood was like before, but what is it like now? How is it different? Thanks!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Sunshine! I've really enjoyed reading your blog, because I find it cool to be able to relate to some of the things you talk about. (Simple things, like family and shopping.) But I had a quick question, I know you talked about what your neighborhood was like before, when every neighbor helped each other, but what is it like now? How is it different? I've enjoyed reading and look forward to your next post! Thanks!

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous K said...

Hello Sunshine,
I live in the UK and was wondering how your school system differs to ours. Our academic year runs september to june, but reading your post, don't think yours does. It would be interesting to see how they compare. If you have time, amongst all you studies, could you briefly explain your system please. Thanks. And keep working hard, it'll be worth it!
K

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Risha said...

omg i love your blog... can you plz check out mine and let me know what you think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home