Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Thursday, April 21, 2011

miscellaneous...

I miss writing posts and doing my hobbies, college is taking all my time,
So, in the first week of march, we had a picnic to the Dam of Mosul with the university, I had so much fun, it takes about an hour to reach the Dam of Mosul, to the way there the guys were singing and playing music and then when we reached the first thing we did is going near the water and taking a lot of photos, then we rented a boat (my favorite part), and we had a nice tour in the area, and came back wet and freezing , then we had lunch I brought beef-burgers, roast (spiced meet with vegetables), cake, and the girls and guys also brought Dolma, chicken, Biryani, macaroni , and other dishes ..
After lunch, we played tennis, and frozbie , and the professors joined us! Even the chef of the department .. and after that the guys played football against the professors who seemed nice (the first time ever I see them friendly)
We reached Mosul at 5:30 pm, and the driver was supposed to pick me at that time, but he was late and it started to rain heavily , my friends and I were freezing and wet in the street but we enjoyed it and laughed at our "new look"..
In The second week I experienced a new adventure! the driver's car broken-down in the middle of the street! And I felt "lucky" at the beginning to see a relative of mine and grandpa just behind us , so I got in to my relative's car and thought he'd happily drive me to college as it is on his way , but he ignored me and drove me to faraway place with grandpa , grandpa made few phone calls and he said a car is in the way to take me to college (lucky me), and I saw a silver modern car driving towards us, and I asked" this is the car right ??" grandpa said "no, the green one", but I didn't see a green car, I saw a green lorry, I thought grandpa is joking, I mean going to college in a Lorry ??? no way, my prestige !!!
But he won, and thank god I reached before anybody else !
(the university of Mosul is very big establishment in the middle of the city , it has 8 gates leading to many neighborhoods, that's why I couldn't walk to my college)
In the third week on march I got really sick, I had laryngitis and asthma attacks, my voice gone for few days (can you imagine how hard is it for me not to talk ??!!!) and I went to the Dr. who gave me a lot of medications, I feel better now ..
My second term exams will start soon, and I am preparing for them and doing the best I can, I feel very busy and tensed especially I have to make 4 reports this week and made a schedule for all subjects to study them well before the exams ..
wish me luck ..
Sunshine

18 Comments:

At 4:04 AM, Anonymous Wayne said...

My Dear Sunshine,

I am so happy to hear from you and hear that you have enjoyes some good times.

Sorry that you got sick but glad that you have recovered.

I hope that your quarterly tests cone out alright.

Please remember that we all love you very much and always hope for your success.

Your Grandpaw Wayne

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Michael said...

Very good to hear from you and pleased to hear that you are well and sound happy!

 
At 4:02 AM, Anonymous rental elf said...

Nice article, thanks for the information.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger BAGHDADENTIST said...

hi sunny glad to know that you enjoyed your time,but if you just called me i'd picked you up instead of the lorry only you have to wait for a "while"!!!! hehe.

 
At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Roy said...

Sounds like you had a good time at your party. Too bad you got sick but good you are feeling well. It seems you are constantly having exams. They push you kids too hard. Happy to hear from you. It seems like a long time

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Angel Monson said...

i also missed my days in college especially hanging out with my friend. I also do writing and posting back from the old ways and until now i always want to write and write. Keep it up anyway.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger MissM said...

Hey !

I just found your blog and Im so happy to see a iraqi female blogging from Iraq!

Im Iraqi myself but I live in Sweden :).

take care !

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to hear from you. I wish you luck this term. take care. starliz

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Amro Alnajar said...

Hey, cool blog!

check out my blog and follow me please and i will follow you back!

momentsofmylife92.blogspot.com

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Belgie said...

Hi I love your article and the information is so important and I am going to save it. I have to say the superb analysis you have done is greatly remarkable. Who goes that extra mile these days? Well Done!!! Just another suggestion you can install a Translator for your Global Audience...

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger YungPanda said...

Sunshine, today I stumbled across your blog on Google. I'm commenting just to say that I love the way you are presenting your story and letting your voice be heard. I found it very interesting to get a glance into your view of the world. It's cool too see the similarities and the differences you can have with people in your age range that practically live on the other side of the world.

 
At 2:13 AM, Anonymous Roy said...

You always seem too busy studying for exams. Glad to hear you had some fun.

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Abhi said...

Oh! I found one good blog after a long time.
Nice one.

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous gmat1984 said...

Ya.. its really nice.. I like it.. Brilliant read.Thanks.

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous jazmyne said...

i'm from malaysia. come visit n follow my blog. http;//crystallizedcandy.blogspot.com/
thanks! i love your post in blog. cool post!

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best for your exams

 
At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Wayne said...

My Dear Sunshine,

How are you? I check your site every day and worry when I do not read a new post or comment from one of your readers.

We all love you and miss you when we do not hear from you.

Your Grandpaw Wayne

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Le Linh said...

Hello Sunshin!
I'm Linh,I come from Viet Nam.It's very nice to meet you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home