Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Monday, June 18, 2007

More and more about my life..

Hello friends
Every summer , we sleep in one room , we chose the living room for this summer, because we have one current inverter, it works for about 3 hours (better than nothing), I miss sleeping in my room , I didn’t sleep there for more than a year , because it has large windows , and it faces the street. I can’t even change my clothes there , I used to spend so much time there , listening to music , reading , and doing things I like , but now I can’t , I miss those days…
Mama started a new work , in the city (thank god), she is really happy about that, finally , she can treat clean people,hehehe !!.
while she is in her work , I organize and clean the house , and take care of my sister and brother (they drive me crazy , they fight all the time) .
Grandma is not firm , Miriam and yosif don’t obey her orders, but they have to obey mine , because if they don’t , I punish them (switch off the Tv. Or send them to their rooms), but when grandma is taking care of them , the house become messy , and they start to beat each other .
Yosif is friendly , But Miriam is hostile sometimes (most of the time actually) which makes me REALLY mad..
At noon mama comes home , have her lunch , chat with her sister , and mother , then sleep .. she wake up about 6pm .. while she is asleep I work on my book and listen to music of course, make handmade work , read , and do things I like .
I am reading a fantastic book called “ the truth searcher”, I read 3 books until now (in Arabic) , when I’ll finish my book , I won’t have anything to read !!! I read all the books we have, as well as my friend’s! I wonder if we can go to the library, I enjoy reading very much!.
after my mom wakes up , I teach her French, she is a good student! And I give her homework , it is FUN. ..
On Friday , we visited my mom’s friend , she came back from Mecca, and we felicitated them for her brother’s safety (he was shot by terrorists), I made a nice craft for “H” my friend , she liked it so much. We had fun together..
Yesterday (Sunday), I decided to have a shower (like all the human beings), as soon as I opened the curtain, and about to open the douche, heavy and near shooting started, I didn’t bring my robe at that time, so I had to wear my mom’s, and ran to the living room , yosif and Miriam were sitting on the couch watching tom and Jerry, Grandma was downstairs she came up at once and we hid behind the library, then when the shooting stopped , I took my shower ..
My friend asked me not to take a shower, because whenever I want to take a shower , a battle take place ,heheheh !!
Mr. Bennett asked me this question ..
I know your mom does handcrafts as well as you, but does your sister and brother?
Yes , Mariam is fond of handmade work, she made many crafts, I couldn’t take pictures for them because my camera doesn’t work ..
But Yosif is still so babyish to do handmade work , he is only 3 years old.
Mariam is really good in drawing , I tried to draw a horse once, in the art class the teacher said “ the caw you draw needs many corrections !!!”..
I like my parents uncle’s paintings ( he is a painter), his house looks like a gallery.
Sunshine...

10 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger Jhondie said...

Yes! First to Comment! Not really sure what to say. Umm... Love your Blog! Stay safe Sunshine :) Not showering isn't such a terrible thing if it keeps people from shooting each other. SALAM!

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading this is so strange to me... I really wonder if you live on the same planet as me, but you do. And aside all these differences between our countries - I can't even imagine someone shooting in my neighborhood, at least all the time - I'm happy to find, that all people like a shower, when it's hot. Humanity is still alive.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Marshmallow26 said...

Na3eeman sunshine, although you didn't enjoy the shower!!

I hope you are doing good.

Your friend,
Marsho

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger John said...

I'm so glad you're well! I worry about you a lot! Stay safe!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Captain Jarred Fishman, USAFR said...

sounds like things are going better Sunshine! The US is on the offensive all over Iraq against the terrorists- and you should be seeing improvements in Diyala in the next month. Keep doing well and keep believing that a better day is coming!

 
At 5:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sunshine,

What is "The Truth Searcher" about? Who is the author? Is it a good book?

God bless you and your family,

Mary

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger graceonline said...

Sunshine, thank you for continuing to write and for answering our questions about your life and the occupation. It is wonderful to witness your spirit and your drive and enthusiasm. May you and those you love be ever safe, and may you know more of miracles than sadness.

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would hate to think that evertime I took a shower there was a battle. Thats a lot of power to have. He he. I like art also but never could paint so I use photography to express myself. Keep posting because someday your blog will be looked upon as history for this time in the history of Iraq. I hope you save all of your post. It might make a good book someday.

 
At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sunshine,

I have waited too long to comment. Thank you so very much for all the information you give us.

Do not be angry with grandma for her soft way with Miriam and Yosif. Grandmas are always soft and kind to their grand children.

Teach Miriam how to use the computer. It would be nice to learn her thoughts by going to http://littlesister.blogspot.com

Stay safe Sunshine. Remember we people from all over the world have great respect and admiration for you and your family.

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine, whenever I hear people around me complain about the little things things that annoy them, I always grin, think of you and other people(like Marsmallow up there^)and all you are going through while keeping a positive attitude and a sense of humor. We come here to try and lend some support, and you you give inspiration back. I hope I never grow so old that I forget to learn from the young. Keep your Sun shining! : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home