Days of My Life

Talk about daily life of a teenage girl in Iraq, and days of suffering and success. My nick name will be Sunshine..

Thursday, September 15, 2005

First day at school...

Hi friends
Nice to write to you again, last Sunday was my first day at school. we had a party, & some officials attend it , it was very Boring , I don’t like the ceremonial parties & speeches , I was very tired from standing for along time in such hot weather …
Anyway I moved to A class , I am very glad in my new class , the girls are more polite & clever, I got a new friend , we have the same interests & hobbies.
This week I was sooo busy , I had a lot of homework, I didn’t have time to write a post or work on computer( and my mom exploited that)….
In Arabic subject , we have 4 books , grammar , perusing , dictation , curtseys & texts .. I found curtseys & texts hard , it is about the Arab curtseys & very old poems ,although it is in Arabic I didn’t understand any word !! I searched in the Arabic dictionary & I didn’t find the meanings , these poems are about 200 hundred years before Islam ..they use very hard & uncustomary words …
Today the headmistress said that we should wear neck knots ! , each level wear a different color, the first class wear a read knot , the second class wear indigo knots , & the third class black knots . But that is unfair the fourth , fifth , & sixth class won't wear any knots ..
The girls in my class said that they will not obey , because it is a silly idea , but I think that I will wear it!!!! …
Busy Sunshine with black neck knot ………

8 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Najma said...

So that's what the headmistress was talking about, knots.. hehehe! Sorry!

It was great standing under the sun today and singing the national anthem, the new national anthem, the one we (6 graders) don't know :) You saved the day!!

I will write a post about school soon..
By the way, I think I made a very bad first impression with your new friend, tell her I didn't know what to say 'cause, well, this is the first time and it was a very formal introduction!!

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine- Congratulations on starting school again! It sounds like you have a lot of work to do! Can you explain what "curtseys" are? That is a word I am unfamiliar with related to reading or literature. Do you mean "customs"? Also I am curious about what "perusing" is as a school subject. To peruse something is to read it, I have not seen it used by itself as a subject. I hope you have a much better year in school this year and a safe and happy time every day!

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Dr.Human said...

salam sunshine

nice to meet you today ,this week was realy hard for me also
they gave us alot of homework
but the two subjects i liked id the arabic and the chemistry
their teachers are sooo cut

see you sunday inshaallah


maas

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger programmer craig said...

Hi Sunshine! It sounds like you are happy to be back in school :)

When you say "curtseys," do you mean "courtesies?"

That would be a formal and very polite (and respectful) way of speaking.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger olivebranch said...

Glad it was all safe, and good to see your school friends coming to support you on your blog :)

Is your school lacking in equiptment etc? Maybe you, najma and maas should start a 'blog-drive' to get people to donate money to buy things for your school such as whiteboards and markers instead of blackboards, or computers or something?

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunshine,

American soldiers are still working very hard and are very determined to try to make Mosul safer for you to go to school.

They have made a lot of progress in the last year. Here is a link to the site that tells of that effort in your home town.

Michael Yon

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Jack B. said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your first day at school, Sunshine. I hope all your school days go as smoothly. And don't worry about homework, we all had to do it, its one of those rites of passage to adulthood I guess.

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home